What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Ummm is it just me or does B2 not cancel into fist bump anymore in Fisticuffs?
They removed that. Try doing these instead

f24, d1, f24 fistbump (midscreen)

end with 121 then fistbump when the opponent is on the ground (it recovers fast enough so that you can start throwing punches).

Guys Fisticuffs buffs are awesome, speedbag doing 3% almost every hit is insane.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
So Johnny has a throw brutality now right? Does the brutality also carry over to fist bumped/X-factor throw?

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Johnnys new d3 is so damn good for post nutpunch stagger pressure, holy crap.
Feels like almost too much sometimes.

They removed that. Try doing these instead

f24, d1, f24 fistbump (midscreen)

end with 121 then fistbump when the opponent is on the ground (it recovers fast enough so that you can start throwing punches).

Guys Fisticuffs buffs are awesome, speedbag doing 3% almost every hit is insane.
true. been playing fisti more than SD lately. b121 stagger then grab/mixup.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
SD still has corner oki with the EX MRS . If you end your combo in 121 mimic summon EX MRS you are safe to Lao's EX Spin, and he gets launched. so you have a corner game still, just not as ridiculous as before.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Alright. I came to the JC thread to figure out exactly why everyone is calling this dude cheap for..

Above Human

Tekken over everything else
Alright. I came to the JC thread to figure out exactly why everyone is calling this dude cheap for..

Long story short pretty much the Only reason people cry about a-list is because of his f+3...it is +17 on block if you skrc and it's pretty much the best normal in the game...if they took away his ability to run cancel f+3 but left everything else then that alone would make Stunt Double the better variation

Reauxbot

Long story short pretty much the Only reason people cry about a-list is because of his f+3...it is +17 on block if you skrc and it's pretty much the best normal in the game...if they took away his ability to run cancel f+3 but left everything else then that alone would make Stunt Double the better variation
One string makes this character that "broken" lol. That's crazy. Why's Noone playing Johnny then

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
One string makes this character that "broken" lol. That's crazy. Why's Noone playing Johnny then
Maybe because he is execution heavy, dont know. You cant just pick him up, lab for an hour and go for it. It takes a little more time to take a list to its full potential.
And f3 aint broken. It's a very good Tool and probably the best normal in the game with what it leads into. But nothing more and nothing less than that.

Reauxbot

Maybe because he is execution heavy, dont know. You cant just pick him up, lab for an hour and go for it. It takes a little more time to take a list to its full potential.
And f3 aint broken. It's a very good Tool and probably the best normal in the game with what it leads into. But nothing more and nothing less than that.
Shit from what I'm reading in that Milleena threaD a lot of people are making comparisons or saying it's stupid etc. I was just curious why J.C. was such a big deal out of nowhere

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Shit from what I'm reading in that Milleena threaD a lot of people are making comparisons or saying it's stupid etc. I was just curious why J.C. was such a big deal out of nowhere
It doesnt hurt that people can actually execute the cancels online now. So more people are starting to see how fantastic A-List's pressure game is.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
A-List is great but not in the same league as the real top tiers because he truly has some shit matchups here and there, while the best characters in this game don't have any 3-7 and a few 4-6 at most.

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
A-List is great but not in the same league as the real top tiers because he truly has some shit matchups here and there, while the best characters in this game don't have any 3-7 and a few 4-6 at most.
What are the shit match ups you are mentioning. I'm genuinely curious

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
What are the shit match ups you are mentioning. I'm genuinely curious
Very hard (3-7) = Mileena, expecially Piercing; Grandmaster; Liu Kang
Hard (4-6) = Ronin; D'vorah; Kung Lao, probably Crystalline

Don't know about the new Tanya since I've never fought one, and it's too early to value the new DLCs

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Since A- List isn't as good as everyone says , how does one deal with his pressure game ? How do I deal with the 11, 1 , throw , f2,1, 113, delay ex nut punch ? If he does f3 into cancel he's +17 right? F2 is safe into more plus cancel right ? I tried armor but I couldn't do that either

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Since A- List isn't as good as everyone says , how does one deal with his pressure game ? How do I deal with the 11, 1 , throw , f2,1, 113, delay ex nut punch ? If he does f3 into cancel he's +17 right? F2 is safe into more plus cancel right ? I tried armor but I couldn't do that either
A-list is really good. Downplay here is unbelievable sometimes.

113 into anything has a gap, and 113 Delay EX Nut if Delayed long enough has an armor/Backdashable gap. Most cancels like 333, 114, S4, 12 (1), F (4), are plus enough to GUARANTEE 114 or 113. 113 SKRC is +1 so you can poke out or Armor, but try to stay as safe as possible with that because if he Xrays he will beat out your armor, and if you block that Xray, it guarantees F3 run cancel pressure so be safe.

Should he hit you and Land a Nut, you essentially just have to hold what comes next. When at full screen beware of the EX Shadow Kick, hits full screen and safe on block.l, you can neutral crouch it and punish so be on the look out for it.

Also 113, 11 F2 can be fuzzy guarded so block low for a quick second when you see 11 then block high immediately after your low block.

That's all the advice I can give right now, at school. Hope it helps you mang.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
A-list is really good. Downplay here is unbelievable sometimes.

113 into anything has a gap, and 113 Delay EX Nut if Delayed long enough has an armor/Backdashable gap. Most cancels like 333, 114, S4, 12 (1), F (4), are plus enough to GUARANTEE 114 or 113. 113 SKRC is +1 so you can poke out or Armor, but try to stay as safe as possible with that because if he Xrays he will beat out your armor, and if you block that Xray, it guarantees F3 run cancel pressure so be safe.

Should he hit you and Land a Nut, you essentially just have to hold what comes next. When at full screen beware of the EX Shadow Kick, hits full screen and safe on block.l, you can neutral crouch it and punish so be on the look out for it.

Also 113, 11 F2 can be fuzzy guarded so block low for a quick second when you see 11 then block high immediately after your low block.

That's all the advice I can give right now, at school. Hope it helps you mang.
thanks man appreciate it. I actually did NOT know i had to hold anything after the nut punch and didn't know he was guaranteed anything and since i know now i wont get hit trying to move as much. Much appreciated. If any johnny players read this i'd love to spar against you for MU experience