What's new

Johnny Cage Combo Thread

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
That was badass! Very nice incorporation of the sweep. Looks to be some good damage, too. I'm gonna have to break out the game this weekend and figure out that timing. Really nice stuff.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The thing that I put into thought is distance for his midscreen combos.

Each one of these reset midscreen combos puts your opponent so far.

11, 11, goes farther than the 2,2,2 and the Sweep reset.

Things to take into account for each one though

Sweep Does better Damage = Strict timing. Can be blocked, just like a sweep reset. Nut Punch doesn't always connect after 44.

2,2,2, Is better for damage = A pain to get 3 hits every time, or the person drops to fast for the 44 nut punch.

11, 11, Is incredibly easier to do, plus pushes your opponent closer to the corner and almost always hits. = 8% difference in damage.

21, 21 does a decent amount of damage = 44 nut punch rarely connects.

I'll probably sometime actually sit down and really test all of this out, both stances.

Ulturas

Noob

My favourite once you get the jab timing down it's like 35% without jump in punch I think. But yea I agree the F4, 11 dash 11 dash 44 nut punch is the best/easiest for online.

Furb

Noob

I'm not sure if somebody posted anything like this before. 1 bar corner for 49%. Do you people know something about second option with exflash kick? CPU can block this, so I suppouse this is just a worthless stuff.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Look at the post right before yours lmfao.

And the EX flash kick is blockable. You're better off finishing after the reset with a F+3,3,B+3 flip or a f+3,3 forceball f3,3,b3, flip(chip)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This thread still alive haha.

Cage combo thread general formula should just be this:

Midscreen Launcher/AA -> 2 2 2 44 Nutpunch
Corner Launcher/AA -> 2 2 2 2 2 114 Nutpunch
JIK/Catching a low jump -> F3 nutpunch

Thread sorted :p

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

WHOA, SLOW DOWN! I CAN'T REMEMBER ALL THIS SHIT!

:p

Furb

Noob

And this is what makes JC a very boring character ;<. But it looks like we don't have any choice, but limit ourselves to these bnb's ;x.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Sorry for offtopic, well, let me note that Jade also has something similar, for example SO => SO
And sorry in advance if it was widely known.

Beginner0k_TwM

Kitana has a high hitbox?!Just when I had turned out well, I thought it was a glitch.Here are without block, I'm not sure that this combo will turn out at all.

Not sure if it's in the Cage info thread already, but high hitbox specific combos would definitely be handy for that extra bit of damage in those matchups.

Beginner0k_TwM

I do not quite understand what you mean by the expression - "high hitbox specific combos"?I certainly do not at all character's check, but the one I did - it turned out

I do not quite understand what you mean by the expression - "high hitbox specific combos"?I certainly do not at all character's check, but the one I did - it turned out
Combos that work on specific characters with larger hitboxes (standing or crouching), like Nightwolf and Kitana in the video you posted. Sheeva's large hitbox is another example, or Freddy's crouching hitbox.

Combos that work on specific characters with larger hitboxes (standing or crouching), like Nightwolf and Kitana in the video you posted. Sheeva's large hitbox is another example, or Freddy's crouching hitbox.
I've already got a sheeva specific combo posted in the bnb thread. If you have any combos you want me to post then just post on the bnb thread. This thread's kinda dead.

Beginner0k_TwM

1)Results in two variants - the block without the block(100%):
Reptile,Sector,Nightwolf,Sonya ,Kabal,Jax,Kitana,Nightwolf,Cyrax,Kung Lao,Sub Zero
2)It turns out only without the block:
Scarlet,Kano,Smoke,Johnny Cage,Ermac
3)It turns out only in the block:
Noob Saibot,BarakaRaiden,Cyber Sub Zero,Quan Chi,Kenshi,Kitana
4)Can not:
Freddy Krueger,Sindel,Mileena,Jade,Scorpion,Liu Kang,Striker,Shang Tsung
Sensation! Now this does not have to think ... LOL
There is an option that does not depend on the position! And it turns on all the character's:
2,1,f+2 => dash => f+3 => lil dash => 4,4~nut - 30% and a guarantee!It is checked up on Mileena

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
1)Results in two variants - the block without the block(100%):
Reptile,Sector,Nightwolf,Sonya ,Kabal,Jax,Kitana,Nightwolf,Cyrax,Kung Lao,Sub Zero
2)It turns out only without the block:
Scarlet,Kano,Smoke,Johnny Cage,Ermac
3)It turns out only in the block:
Noob Saibot,BarakaRaiden,Cyber Sub Zero,Quan Chi,Kenshi,Kitana
4)Can not:
Freddy Krueger,Sindel,Mileena,Jade,Scorpion,Liu Kang,Striker,Shang Tsung
Sensation! Now this does not have to think ... LOL
There is an option that does not depend on the position! And it turns on all the character's:
2,1,f+2 => dash => f+3 => lil dash => 4,4~nut - 30% and a guarantee!It is checked up on Mileena
Can y0u explain what you are talking about? I'm brand new to this character.

Beginner0k_TwM

I'm sorry this is all Google Translator haha.Actually talking about "high hitbox specific combos"(in my video)?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Amazing. Only works on some crouching characters but not if they are standing...

Ladies and gentlemen,

Mortal Kombat.

Reactions: CJF