What's new

Johnny Cage Beta Weekend Combo/Tech Thread

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
In an attempt to keep things organized I will jot some of my notes down here. Feel free to add and contribute to any optimals or setups you have found during the weekend.

METERLESS/KAMEO-LESS COMBOS (Not optimal):
212, xxb3, f1, f12 np ~ 25.4%
F124, xxb3, f1, f12 np ~ 23.7%
b3, xxb3, f1, f12 np ~ 19.7%
F34, b3, f1, f12 np ~

KANO HYPE METER COMBO:

214, np~np~dash, 214 np~np~dash KAMEOEXTENSION, 21f2, b3, 21 np.

214, np~np~dash, 214 np~np~dash KAMEOEXTENSION, 21f2,f4, f3 2 np.

f32, np~np~K.E., Jip f32, np~np~Dash, 212, xxb3, xx1, f3exNP~K.E., F3 4, f3 exNP

Frost Kameo:

Frost grants Johnny Cage free charges and free activations on hit:

Free charge concept:
f32 GroundFreeze, sunglassesTaunt, 212, f12, ParryTaunt(If hits you will have full meter)

Free activation concept:
starter into Ground Freeze, Ji2, 4 hype~np~np~dash -> ender

Jax Kameo:
Jax Air Grab offers Hype/Free Hype activation. ex: f34, CallFarJax, B3 into Jax's Grab

TECH:
Ending matches with Shadow Kick taunt will significantly increase your hype meter for the next round

Ex NutPunch is invulnerable

Two Shadow Kick taunts is all it takes for full hype meter. AA shadow kicks would be best for this.

Johnny can activate hype mid combo:
standing 4 into hype-> np, np, etc etc

STRING GAPS:
F3 **4

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I find it funny that people are highlighting the cage hype meter combos when both Liu Kang and Li Mei are dishing out 50% lol

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
This is a noob question, but how tf do you use the hype meter? I build it up but like how do u activate the multi nut punches etc????

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Literally playing Johnny for this beta for the sole reason that multiple posters have notations here in the thread (and that block animation is GOAT level stuff) so I'll contribute a few mid screen combos.

Also using Sonya because #BuffSonya.

8F High: 212, JP2, F32, Shadow Kick. 27.8%
8F High one Kameo: 212, JP2, F32, Shoryuken, Sonya Air, Dash, F1, Shadow Kick. 35.8%

9F Mid: F34, F321, Shadow Kick. 25.9%
9F Mid one Kameo: F34, B3, Dash, F32, Shoryuken, Sonya Air, Dash, F3, Shadow Kick. 33.7%

OH Kick: Dash, F321, Shadow Kick. 22%
OH Kick one Kameo: Dash, F32, Shoryuken, Sonya Air, Dash, F12, Shadow Kick. 29.6%

Lots of corner and hype meter combos already floating but if I see something not being covered there I'll add.

I'm likely just blind and stupid but I've looked over his moves list multiple times and still don't understand how to do his split that goes under projectiles and builds hype. So glad this comes out next month. lack of practice mode, annotations for moves on screen, and the constant "restart match" to practice is wearing me down mentally.

Edit: guess all I had to do was bitch a little. Not 3 minutes later I accidentally an L2 button. Haha, carry on lads!

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yes or you can do what I did and setup for a taunt parry which would also give you full meter + the ability to punish right after with said full meter
Yep sounds about right. The Shadow Kick ender seems too unsafe. But the Hype Taunt for full meter ender is a good option too lesser unsafe. Nut punch taunt is fully safe seems like but gives like 99% instead of 100% haha. Cage is looking nice lol.

ok... so is he the first NRS character with an exponential amount of mixups in the corner? all you can do is make a lucky guess on a high, the rest is string shenanigangs with tons of plusframes, 50/50s and launchers.

mrapchem

Noob
Literally playing Johnny for this beta for the sole reason that multiple posters have notations here in the thread (and that block animation is GOAT level stuff) so I'll contribute a few mid screen combos.

Also using Sonya because #BuffSonya.

8F High: 212, JP2, F32, Shadow Kick. 27.8%
8F High one Kameo: 212, JP2, F32, Shoryuken, Sonya Air, Dash, F1, Shadow Kick. 35.8%

9F Mid: F34, F321, Shadow Kick. 25.9%
9F Mid one Kameo: F34, B3, Dash, F32, Shoryuken, Sonya Air, Dash, F3, Shadow Kick. 33.7%

OH Kick: Dash, F321, Shadow Kick. 22%
OH Kick one Kameo: Dash, F32, Shoryuken, Sonya Air, Dash, F12, Shadow Kick. 29.6%

Lots of corner and hype meter combos already floating but if I see something not being covered there I'll add.
I've also been using CageSonya and I slighly modfied your 8F High one Kameo Kombos.

Here it is: 212, JI2, dash 4, Rising Star, Sonya Air Dash, dash, 4, Shadow Kick: 37.8%

EDIT: I modified your 9F Mid One Kameo also: F34, B3, dash, 4, Rising Star, Sonya Air Dash, dash, 4, Shadow Kick: 34.8%

Also, let me add these combos:

214, Rising Star, (slight pause) Sonya Air Dash, JI2, 4, Nut Punch: 33.1%
F124, dash, B3, dash, 4, Rising Star, Sonya Air Dash, dash 4, Shadow Kick: 31.0%

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
ok... so is he the first NRS character with an exponential amount of mixups in the corner? all you can do is make a lucky guess on a high, the rest is string shenanigangs with tons of plusframes, 50/50s and launchers.
Everyone has mix in this game. Don't be fooled. Kameos are the variations and they make or break your character

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Nah, Kenshi with the clone out when you're cornered is equally deadly, maybe moreso. You pretty much have to know the exact gaps and armor through where possible, because if not you're holding multiple plus on block 50/50s until you guess wrong.

I've also been using CageSonya and I slighly modfied your 8F High one Kameo Kombos.

Here it is: 212, JI2, dash 4, Rising Star, Sonya Air Dash, dash, 4, Shadow Kick: 37.8%

EDIT: I modified your 9F Mid One Kameo also: F34, B3, dash, 4, Rising Star, Sonya Air Dash, dash, 4, Shadow Kick: 34.8%

Also, let me add these combos:

214, Rising Star, (slight pause) Sonya Air Dash, JI2, 4, Nut Punch: 33.1%
F124, dash, B3, dash, 4, Rising Star, Sonya Air Dash, dash 4, Shadow Kick: 31.0%
Great additions, tried a couple already and they seem very consistent!