What's new

jik, AA and corner combo

Hey guys. I just wanted to show some 1 meter combos off AA net, AA 1, air to air jip and deep jik. Often I see people do meterless combos for less damage than they could be doing. You could do at least an extra 10% if you spend a bar. None of these combos are new or anything. TBH you could get more damage if you reset instead, but for those who don't like resets or have a tough time doing them (ie off an air to air jip) then here are some alternatives. Note: AA jip is a bit tough, maybe impossible to pull off depending on angle.

What I'd really like to point at is B2 for cross ups. We normally see this in combo vids, but is this reliable in serious play? I was able to do 60% in the corner with no reset; it's virtually the same combo you'd use midscreen.

All these combos are possible with human cyrax. Combos with a mid bomb can be replaced with a small bomb. Jik combo is kinda hard with human cyrax though.

Shoutouts to Sonya Blake for recording.

use 1,2,1~ragdoll+throw in all of these instead of 1,2,1~AAt for extra damage
I've never been able to land this. Likely because it's off AA 1/net into ex bomb, not grounded 21 into ex bomb. I also couldn't land 21, 121 as an ender.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
The AA1~exbomb, midbomb, d+2, b+2, 1,2,1~aa is good and is the most damage without a reset off of a AAjab using 1 bar. i used this in my mileena vid.

The JIK combo can be brought up to 42% with 1 bar.

the corner combo can be brought up to 64%

uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, midbomb, d+2, b+2, 2,1, 1,2,1~net, jik, d+2... 64%

The 1 bar AAnet combo is good too and is the most you can get from 1 bar with no reset. but with the reset you can get an easy 62%

All in all good stuff Playpal :)

TONY-T thanks broseph, but if you're gonna punish mileena's roll you're better off without AA 1 and ending with 121 ragdoll. 52% iirc.

Whats your deep jik combo btw?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
TONY-T thanks broseph, but if you're gonna punish mileena's roll you're better off without AA 1 and ending with 121 ragdoll. 52% iirc.

Whats your deep jik combo btw?
mileenas roll i punish with the 62% reset. the telekicks i punish with the AA1~exbomb combo. the 49% one ,the same as in your vid.

the jump kick combo is in this vid at about the 1:27 mark..

:)

NariTuba

disMember
the corner combo can be brought up to 64%
uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, midbomb, d+2, b+2, 2,1, 1,2,1~net, jik, d+2... 64%
You also have a 61% alternative so you can keep them in the corner:

jps,2,1~net, jps,2,1~Exb, mb, d2, b2, 2,1, 1,2,1~saw 61%

What I'd really like to point at is B2 for cross ups. We normally see this in combo vids, but is this reliable in serious play? I was able to do 60% in the corner with no reset; it's virtually the same combo you'd use midscreen.
The crossup b2 is interesting, you can even get a reverse uppercut after it and continue the combo. My experience in real play with it make it seem not really worth it. Dropping combos is not a good thing, and sometimes it will bounce them in front of you even if you were going for the crossup bounce, which of course messes up your timing. If you were going for a reverse uppercut combo and they bounce on the wrong side thats a spectacular (and low damage) early uppercut finish since you have to commit to the d2.
This of course might all be because I havent practiced it enough, but you can get the same damage with 1bar corner combos (no reset) anyway.

I like what you are exploring here Playpal, good stuff!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
You also have a 61% alternative so you can keep them in the corner:

jps,2,1~net, jps,2,1~Exb, mb, d2, b2, 2,1, 1,2,1~saw 61%
You can still keep it at 64% and in the corner. instead of doing the jik, d+2 at the end, you can do jik, 3,3~saw.. does the same damage but its a little bit trickier..

NariTuba

disMember
You can still keep it at 64% and in the corner. instead of doing the jik, d+2 at the end, you can do jik, 3,3~saw.. does the same damage but its a little bit trickier..
I find that jk, 3,3~saw ender hard! Ive dropped it a few times and ate a wakeup attack so Im intimidated to try it. Maybe with more practice.

Also, during matches I only get the chance to get the jk on the hanging net ender (on a non reset combo) when Im punishing something. I never try to hit confirm into Ex bomb for fear of messing it up and wasting the meter. But after seeing Crazy Dominican confirm consistently to Exfan off of Kitana's 2,1 Im thinking we should all be doing this for non reset combos... the 50/50 from the hanging net is VITAL.