What's new

Question - Swarm Queen Jax Vs D'vorah MU

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Playing a long set against a Jax made me feel like Jax potentially beats her in this MU so it would be good to hear some other players thoughts on this

Here's why I think he beats her:
1. His buttons / Her buttons​
S1 6f startup / S1 7f
d1 7f startup / D1 8f
d3 9f startup / D3 11f
d4 9f startup / d4 9f
f2 13f startup / f1 12f

Clearly his buttons are faster and better than hers, the only real similar button is his f2 and her f1 having almost the same range.

Once he begins his pressure, he can easily just block her counterpokes and he gets his pressure back again, the fear of her armour being broken/blocked is rarely ever actually worth using it due to the fact Jax will hit 40% + on a punish.

Once it is her turn she has to play a little differently compared to how she would against some of the cast, seeing as he has 10f -7 armoured reversal + EX Gotcha grab being -4 can get him somewhat out of the pressure and the fear of overhead dash punch comes to play also.

Wrestler specifically has some advantage using his tick throws against her because her Ovipositor Rush is only hitting 12% so the risk/reward is definitely in his favour in that respect.

Thoughts on how D'vorah does in this MU? Do you agree she has trouble against Jax? What can you do to deal with Jax's relentless pressure?

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
So the dvorah player now gets a taste of what if feels like to be on the pressured side... niceee. I hope this is true although I think this is even she still has better range and f112 still works wonders.
Lol kinda ironic a dvorah player posting about pressure ik, but like I said his safe armour and f2 help him so much

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
So the dvorah player now gets a taste of what if feels like to be on the pressured side... niceee. I hope this is true although I think this is even she still has better range and f112 still works wonders.
I feel like if you just mash the OS ex gotcha, its really hard for dvorah to get anything started and I could be wrong but I think that f3 punishes her d3/d4 pretty easily, so neutral isnt that big of an issue for Jax

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Very interesting indeed. I played kinetic sicarios jax and had a hard time. I would lean towards even, but i need more experience

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Maybe the game plan should change? I don't play either character but to me it seems D'Vorah will out footsie him all day long.

omooba

fear the moobs
Neutral is like 5-5 maybe slight 6-4 for dvorah, but it's 7-3 or 8-2 on knockdown for Jax. Once he gets in, lol its party time
disagree
imo jax wins neutral because plus projectile and the range on safe yolo dash punch and f2 are huge problems. feel like d'vorah has to play around his game
and with pressure jax definitely wins. to make either character scared to pressure you need good armor. jax has good armor d'vorah doesn't.
imo it's 6-4 jax. definitely not too terrible though i played it once against a friend. jax won 10-8 i believe.

Down 2

Noob
As a Jax player I would have to agree on this one. I actually don't want to punch my self in the face when the announcer says her name.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I really don't think the frame data of the pokes really matter so much in this matchup as the armor. Sure our pokes our slower but we have a forward advancing string that's +10 on block, a safe overhead and low starter (despite how difficult it may be to execute), and a standing 1 that leads to a 36% meterless punish.

So as far as tools there isn't a huge disparity. However! He has so many armor options, overhead armor launcher, armored gotcha grab, armored knee, and that is what really threatens our pressure/poking out of his pressure. Dealing with Jax's stagger strings is mostly just making the right reads, which can be very difficult. But where I struggle with is when I make the right read I can't sustain pressure because his armor outs are so good and threatening.

I do agree with you, I think it's 4-6 matchup, we have to play his game and really can't armor due to punish and his armor breaking strings.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Shouldn't she destroy him in footsies theoretically? Thinking about the footsie tools both have and dvorah's seem like they'd just outclass jax. I can't say for sure though as I've never seen how this matchup plays out.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Shouldn't she destroy him in footsies theoretically? Thinking about the footsie tools both have and dvorah's seem like they'd just outclass jax. I can't say for sure though as I've never seen how this matchup plays out.
Most of the matches I play against Jax they will tend to sit just out of d3/4 range, and if you whiff one he is getting his f21 pressure, i think the neutral is fairly even, its mostly his armour options, fast buttons and the fact that her armour isnt hitting much damage the pressure gets a bit scary.. just my experience