What's new

Jax Changes

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Jax
• The armor on Jax's Enhanced Dash Punch (Dash Fist) and X-Ray (Briggs Bash) now starts instantly.
• Added armor to the startup of Jax's Enhanced Elbow (Elite Smash).
• Jax's projectiles (Energy Wave) recover a tiny bit faster.
• Jax’s towards 3 attack (Big Leg) is now an overhead.
• Jax can no longer frame trap someone with his Gotcha Grab.

Very happy about armour on EX elbow and better armour on the EX dash punch/xray. His overhead works well as a check (similar to scorpions) from what I've tested. The gotcha grab frametrap is a fair trade off IMO.

Also faster recovery on his god awful projectile fuck yeah!

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Very good update. However, it would have been nice if 2, F+2, B+1 cancelled into any other special move and if the Ground Pounds all did the same damage (ideally between 13%-15%). Hopefully, it'll happen later in this game's life.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Trust me bro. If they did we would receive an ending storm of bitching. People are already bitching about this.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Jax got too good. His overhead f3 leaves you at frame advantage on block!!! He has 2 frame advantage moves now! With the low starter string and now the mid!! So if you do the mid and they block do a d1 it will beat their d1 because of the frame advantage.

I am confused as how having two frame advantage moves that lead to no combos or crappy combos can possibly be "too good". Since when does having a really basic high-low game fool anyone in MK9? Especially with someone as slow as Jax.

Another thing people forget about Jax is that his whiffed normals still take a million years to recover, and he has no realistically landable popup.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Jax is looking even more beastly, never used the frame trap so im extremely happy with the buffs :D looking forward to placing high if not winning devastation ;]

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I am confused as how having two frame advantage moves that lead to no combos or crappy combos can possibly be "too good". Since when does having a really basic high-low game fool anyone in MK9? Especially with someone as slow as Jax.

Another thing people forget about Jax is that his whiffed normals still take a million years to recover, and he has no realistically landable popup.
Finally someone that isn't overhyping Jax to be God-tier. But you're bashing him. I will agree you can't be god-tier with 20% meterless combo and you have to burn meter to even crack. The best chance you have at cracking a 30% meterless combo with Jax is in the corner. But what my good man Cat is trying to say is that Jax can stay in and be there for the rest of the match. After that d+1, he EX overhead smash and so on. It's going to be a nightmare to keep him out now.

Tyrant: I wondering when you were going to show up and talk about this.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Jax went from low to high, maybe even top tier. Kung lao doesn't do high damage combos but the fact that he can pressure you hard to consistently land them makes him top tier. Jax now has more ways in and more ways to do damage. Big damage does not equal top tier. And on the contrary to not having big damage I have to say that his strings do more damage than other characters strings (not big combos). Can't AA with him? Standing 1...insta juggle state for a free 20-30%.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Jax went from low to high, maybe even top tier. Kung lao doesn't do high damage combos but the fact that he can pressure you hard to consistently land them makes him top tier. Jax now has more ways in and more ways to do damage. Big damage does not equal top tier. And on the contrary to not having big damage I have to say that his strings do more damage than other characters strings (not big combos). Can't AA with him? Standing 1...insta juggle state for a free 20-30%.
When you think about it.....You have a point. I'm shocked I never realize that. All the tops don't kill you with big dmg. They kill you with reset and unbreakable combos(Kitana). This is UMK9.

Killphil

When you think about it.....You have a point. I'm shocked I never realize that. All the tops don't kill you with big dmg. They kill you with reset and unbreakable combos(Kitana). This is UMK9.
Give Jax a reset - lol. Damn I've been telling my friend for a long time that jax was a fucking beast and now its going to be even harder to beat him.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Its hard for jax to actually get that damage in the first place. The only thing I think stopping him from being very high in the tier list is that he gets beaten badly by every top tier character. Top tier imo being Raiden, Reptile, Kabal, Kung lao, Kitana, and Cyrax in no particular order.

Killphil

I'll use Jax as a secondary per se, but its my friend that mains him. Its just going to be harder to beat jax now that he has more options/armor.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Oh yeah. And he beats EVEN more Characters. Goodbye, Noob, Sub, kitana, Sektor, Csz, and Nightwolf. Cage still a problem though.

Killphil

I'll believe Jax has ways in when people can no longer just crouch his everything.
F4, F3, du4, f2-2 <-second hit is an overhead, b1-2-3 <- slow moving, overhead on second hit, EX projectile,sweep kick...idk what else though.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Erik Warda says Jax is top tier, that may be just from playing CD Jr though. I don't think he's ever been low tier after his initial fixes though, always mid or higher.

Btw does GG have any sort of adv. on block now or is it neutral? I wouldn't mind it if it still had some adv like shang's ground skulls.