What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Can someone tell me what the armor breaking properties of unstoppable are? Trying to play catch up with all the changes.
With punishment (dd3) or ex-punishment active, Unstoppable's moves break armored attacks. You can interrupt all single hitting meter-burned specials and x-rays.

You can still get blown up by multi-hitting armored specials. For example, Leatherface's ex-chainsaw toss.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
It honestly was a brilliant and balanced way to buff the character because it: A) Fits the character's persona and B) is balanced since you have to take time to activate it safely and it only lasts 7 seconds (9 seconds if enhanced)

Thats pretty badass. Its nice to see some of my favorite characters getting useful buffs. tempted to call off today and just mess with stuff lol. Really liking the changes to goro, jason and fisticuffs cage

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Thats pretty badass. Its nice to see some of my favorite characters getting useful buffs. tempted to call off today and just mess with stuff lol. Really liking the changes to goro, jason and fisticuffs cage
I'm as happy with this patch as I've been with any patch ever.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Btw, another awesome thing is that B3d1 is safe on block and has 37 frames of hit advantage. So, anytime you land b3~d1, you can safely put a buff of your choosing on the screen against most of the cast. It makes our basic b3 shenanigans that much better.

With punishment (dd3) or ex-punishment active, Unstoppable's moves break armored attacks. You can interrupt all single hitting meter-burned specials and x-rays.

You can still get blown up by multi-hitting armored specials. For example, Leatherface's ex-chainsaw toss.
What about Kung Jin's EX Flip, does that also hit Jason out of the armor? I've noticed a glitch where if i'm hit by it, the jin players flip animation still continues but my armor isn't affected. Or is that just me?

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
I played with Slasher today and I'm pleased with what they've done, especially with the Machete Toss.

He feels a lot less clunky with those tweaked frames, and I can actually pressure a little better with the buffed B1.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
The new D1 is amazing. Makes B12 pressure and opening people up so much nicer. I've been having a lot of success with D1 into B3, 1+3

was UNS/REL b2 always -12 on block? i feel like i used to use that move a lot for some reason
It was always that bad on block. It feels like it's something they added in now because of how overall his tools gotten slightly better.

Whats peoples thoughts on Jason now? Viable, strong, ect? I was playing against some pretty decent players as Slasher and it doesnt feel too different aside from the 6f d1. I havent messed around with Unstoppable which seems on paper to he his best variation now. Its just hard as a Friday the 13th fan to not want to exclusively use the machete variation lol . I dont know if i am remembering wrong, but I thought the psycho slash move was listed as -10. Its -5 now

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Whats peoples thoughts on Jason now? Viable, strong, ect? I was playing against some pretty decent players as Slasher and it doesnt feel too different aside from the 6f d1. I havent messed around with Unstoppable which seems on paper to he his best variation now. Its just hard as a Friday the 13th fan to not want to exclusively use the machete variation lol . I dont know if i am remembering wrong, but I thought the psycho slash move was listed as -10. Its -5 now
Too early to say exactly where he will end up relative to the rest of the cast, but all variations are a lot better and I definitely think he will end up being viable. I think all three variations have their uses depending on match ups and play styles.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Slasher feels super smooth to me. I was matching up well against Commando Kano, who feels threateningly strong now.

Psycho Slash has always been -10 with the ex version being -5 and I'm fairly certain that's unchanged.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Unstoppable seems great now but slasher is still kind of meh. He needs an armored launcher for like 30% so that people actually fear his wakeups. Relentless seems like it will only be better than unstoppable in a few matchups where the teleport is necessary or the armor break isn't really needed.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I'm having a blast with Slasher. I played a bunch of games vs. Killer and Butcher Leatherface the other day and came out well on the positive side.