What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

Skedar70

Noob
I love the unstoppable buffs. Although the healing is the same the meter building ability will help jason to resurrect with more life in case you lose the round, the faster pokes will help him not get pressured to death and the new command will help him open people up. I need to test that d2 because I don't remember the speed being the issue it was more like the hitbox which would whiff on everything and didn't work as an AA. I never played slasher but at least I can tell that relentless and unstoppable should be good with this.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
I love Jason, but I reaaaaaly don't wanna use any other variation other than Slasher, even though they pretty much ignored slasher.

I'll make do with what I got. :oops:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I love the unstoppable buffs. Although the healing is the same the meter building ability will help jason to resurrect with more life in case you lose the round, the faster pokes will help him not get pressured to death and the new command will help him open people up. I need to test that d2 because I don't remember the speed being the issue it was more like the hitbox which would whiff on everything and didn't work as an AA. I never played slasher but at least I can tell that relentless and unstoppable should be good with this.
I took jason into the lab and was aa'ing sub zero's jip pretty consistently with d2. I think it works a lot better now

I love Jason, but I reaaaaaly don't wanna use any other variation other than Slasher, even though they pretty much ignored slasher.

I'll make do with what I got. :oops:
Let's put it this way. I have NEVER looked at Slasher before, but now I am going to look at him for some MUs. That 9 frame mid that leads to good damage is no joke.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
People still don't realise how GRUESOME his armor break property is yet.
In a game 90% based on armor, welcome to unarmorable strings into command grabs that lead to knockdowns in unarmorable strings into command grabs into knockdown into ......

E

Eldriken

I'm glad that they put the armor break on the regular and didn't make it EX exclusive. Watch the shit get nerfed. It's basically Superman's/Bane's trait, lol. Increases damage and breaks armor.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Let's put it this way. I have NEVER looked at Slasher before, but now I am going to look at him for some MUs. That 9 frame mid that leads to good damage is no joke.
That's assuring to hear. The other variations just never really clicked for me on a personal playstyle note.

-YMK-

Noob
Good god I cannot wait to get home and get my hands on this beauty! With the changes do you guys feel Relentless is still the goto variation?
I think unstoppable is the GOTO now, free meter and the huge dmg buff + ignore armor is great.

Are you sure the B3 grab string hits on crouching? On REOs video above your post it whiffs on Lao.
I didnt really check it, I cant remember who the dummy was but it worked, probably was a big char tho

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Unstoppable is definitely great now... But I can't leave Relentless. Pursuit and Lake Mist are way too fun, and the amount of comebacks I've made with Relentless damage buff is enough to keep me faithful. Also I really enjoy Slasher for certain MUs that are punish heavy. Such as Mileena.

Skedar70

Noob
Unstoppable is definitely great now... But I can't leave Relentless. Pursuit and Lake Mist are way too fun, and the amount of comebacks I've made with Relentless damage buff is enough to keep me faithful. Also I really enjoy Slasher for certain MUs that are punish heavy. Such as Mileena.
Comebacks after a resurrect are equally epic.

Skedar70

Noob
So I'm sure everyone has noticed that the throw after the ex buff no longer does 27% and now it does 18%. I guess everyone is ok with this since we still got awesome buffs for unstoppable.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I just won a match by interrupting Kung jin's xray with the temple punch brutality. The armor-breaking properties of punishment are legit.