What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Slasher got faster b122, faster recovery on machete toss, and faster normals. I wasn't really paying attention to the other two variations though.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Other variations got a lot more meter less combo potential off of strings like b122 and f34. You don't have to run to do b122 combos anymore and it apparently launches in a way in which you can NJP after if you're good with timing.

B3 also has an auto-tic throw and a launcher and OH follow-up.

Unstoppable buffs are a lot stronger and more useful, health buff now gives meter as well and damage buff breaks armor so you get to demolish wake-ups AND hit like a truck.

He can also control where he throws in his EX grabs so he doesn't always have to throw them out of the corner.

And faster pokes all around.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I mean, now that he has a lot more combo potential(as in new combos and easier combos), a better low string, a new mid-OH string, improved hitboxes, better pokes, an auto-tic throw, and Unstoppable AND Relentless damage buffs being better...

Yes?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Amazing, does he do more damage do you know?
His base damage is the same. In other words, something like 111~bf3 does the same damage it always did. But, now, he has increased combo potential with extra launchers in Relentless and Unstoppable (B3 continuation launcher and f44 launcher mid-screen) as well as a significantly longer damage buff in Unstoppable and more passive damage accumulation from damned in Relentless. Also, B122 (which was already a great string for Slasher) reaches further and is faster on startup (9 frame b1), making his punishing potential and overall up-close game in Slasher much more menacing. So, practically speaking, you're going to be doing a lot more damage to your foes:)

E

Eldriken

They also buffed Damned, guys! Hopefully it actually fucking matters now. If it was like a 1-2% damage increase across the board, I'm gonna be disappointed. lol

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I will be very curious to see how Jason's three variations end up stacking up to one another. I think it's actually possible that we may finally have three solid variations

E

Eldriken

I will be very curious to see how Jason's three variations end up stacking up to one another. I think it's actually possible that we may finally have three solid variations
I agree. The buff to Machete Toss is awesome and was certainly needed. Now he has a decently fast projectile that's a MID. It also seems to cover quite a lot of space.

The built-in tick throw string is brilliant.

The changes to Unstoppable are very nice. The armor breaking feature of his damage buff makes sense since it's Jason.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I agree. The buff to Machete Toss is awesome and was certainly needed. Now he has a decently fast projectile that's a MID. It also seems to cover quite a lot of space.

The built-in tick throw string is brilliant.

The changes to Unstoppable are very nice. The armor breaking feature of his damage buff makes sense since it's Jason.
Yep. Machete toss has always flirted with being a very good projectile. So, a few less recovery frames can really help. And Unstoppable got as much help as any of us could have realistically expected. I think d1 and d4 being faster will be huge for all three variations. Think of the range of the Unstoppable/Relentless d4. And, I've always pointed out that the d4~dbf2 tick would be VERY good if d4 were faster. Well . . . :)

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Did they make teleport usable? Did they improve the hitbox on relentless/unstoppable's b1? Did they improve his anti airs?

There was a problem with the hitbox on Relentless/Unstoppable's b1????
He's talking about it being a very high box for a mid. Many moves low profiled it. I think that is staying the same but we are given a better true mid with b3. They say they are improving its hitbox so we can use that for low profiling moves hopefully.

-YMK-

Noob
Tested the someon the new stuff since the patch it out.
I forget what a LOT of his values of his buffs were but heres some notes

General:
new b122 makes those midscreen combos EASYYYY.
(b122)x3 still takes some timing, but you can focus on that now rather than that and the distance.
you can do (b122)x2 into NJP is a thing, youre still in range to do b12 ,df+2. same damage as (b122)x3,1,df+2

b3 is 9f now and -11 block and 12 on hit. (not sure if it was changed, just putting it down)
b3,1+2 ticks on block and combos on hit now, grabs crouching, they can jump,backdash out of it. 17% dmg, 13% for just grab

b3, d1 is a Mid,OH string. -2 on block, ground splats on hit, you have enough time to apply unstoppable buffs, Armor buff and EX pursuit and be completely safe, with Normal pursuit, their inputs get change BEFORE they get up, but IF they dont roll, every char can easily jump in and punish. 12% dmg

b3,u1 is a mid,mid launcher string. -6 on block, no pushback on block. makes then do a flip, so not a lot of followups, 8% dmg

f44, his low/mid launcher. doesnt launch as high or as far, no time to get a d1, so options are similar, but can get all the command grabs. BOTH f4 and f44 ARE - on BLOCK.

d1 and d2 are 6f startup now.
d4 is 13f now.
b4 is -3 on block.
23 string is +2 on block

Unstoppable:
Normal dmg buff is now 33% more dmg
EX dmg buff is 50% more dmg now
healing is still 5% health total regen, builds 1/3 of a bar.
EX heal is like 6% total ,health comes back a little fasterthen norl heal

Relentless
More dmg coming from his Damned DMG buff
new values:
>50% HP = 10% dmg...
>25% HP = 25% dmg..!
>10% HP = 45% dmg.!!
>4% HP = 75% DMG!!!

Slasher
d2 is 9f
d4 is 14f
b1 is 9f
otherwise not much different. still gets the new b3,d1/u1 strings

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Good god I cannot wait to get home and get my hands on this beauty! With the changes do you guys feel Relentless is still the goto variation?

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Tested the someon the new stuff since the patch it out.
I forget what a LOT of his values of his buffs were but heres some notes

General:
new b122 makes those midscreen combos EASYYYY.
(b122)x3 still takes some timing, but you can focus on that now rather than that and the distance.
you can do (b122)x2 into NJP is a thing, youre still in range to do b12 ,df+2. same damage as (b122)x3,1,df+2

b3 is 9f now and -11 block and 12 on hit. (not sure if it was changed, just putting it down)
b3,1+2 ticks on block and combos on hit now, grabs crouching, they can jump,backdash out of it. 17% dmg, 13% for just grab

b3, d1 is a Mid,OH string. -2 on block, ground splats on hit, you have enough time to apply unstoppable buffs, Armor buff and EX pursuit and be completely safe, with Normal pursuit, their inputs get change BEFORE they get up, but IF they dont roll, every char can easily jump in and punish. 12% dmg

b3,u1 is a mid,mid launcher string. -6 on block, no pushback on block. makes then do a flip, so not a lot of followups, 8% dmg

f44, his low/mid launcher. doesnt launch as high or as far, no time to get a d1, so options are similar, but can get all the command grabs. BOTH f4 and f44 ARE - on BLOCK.

d1 and d2 are 6f startup now.
d4 is 13f now.
b4 is -3 on block.
23 string is +2 on block

Unstoppable:
Normal dmg buff is now 33% more dmg
EX dmg buff is 50% more dmg now
healing is still 5% health total regen, builds 1/3 of a bar.
EX heal is like 6% total ,health comes back a little fasterthen norl heal

Relentless
More dmg coming from his Damned DMG buff
new values:
>50% HP = 10% dmg...
>25% HP = 25% dmg..!
>10% HP = 45% dmg.!!
>4% HP = 75% DMG!!!

Slasher
d2 is 9f
d4 is 14f
b1 is 9f
otherwise not much different. still gets the new b3,d1/u1 strings
Are you sure the B3 grab string hits on crouching? On REOs video above your post it whiffs on Lao.