What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Good stuff, here. I would re-post this in the Relentless thread, as well. When I have a chance (probably sometime later this week), I am going to post a detailed write-up on Slasher (in the slasher thread).

Btw, I think Ex-Choke is a fairly good anti-air, as well.
AA ex choke has failed me a few times and whiffs vs kicks (cause they stay in the air)

I wanted us to have material in one thread, but maybe you're right

Edit: If you don't have time, I can do Slasher too. This stuff may bring new things to surface

Last edited:

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Well boys, we finally got some buffs. I can't test them since i'm on PC but maybe some of you can.

• Jason - increased the hitbox on Back Breaker, Spine Shatter, Choke, Choke Slam, Tight Squeeze, & Crippler to make it harder to low profile
  • Jason (Relentless) - reduced the recovery frames on Dark Pursuit (enhanced) to 54 (down from 106)
I'd specifically test out d4s, d3s and special moves. Maybe a few strings here and there but I'm curious how well our moves will hit now. I don't expect tight squeeze to be all that improved upon but I hope choke will be a better armor option now. Also maybe there will be a reason to use EX Dark Pursuit now, lol. Not sure how fast 54 frames is, doubt it'll be worth but I won't write it out completely.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Well boys, we finally got some buffs. I can't test them since i'm on PC but maybe some of you can.

• Jason - increased the hitbox on Back Breaker, Spine Shatter, Choke, Choke Slam, Tight Squeeze, & Crippler to make it harder to low profile
  • Jason (Relentless) - reduced the recovery frames on Dark Pursuit (enhanced) to 54 (down from 106)
I'd specifically test out d4s, d3s and special moves. Maybe a few strings here and there but I'm curious how well our moves will hit now. I don't expect tight squeeze to be all that improved upon but I hope choke will be a better armor option now. Also maybe there will be a reason to use EX Dark Pursuit now, lol. Not sure how fast 54 frames is, doubt it'll be worth but I won't write it out completely.
54 frames will absolutely make it worth it in certain circumstances. For example, now 23, 24, and B122, should all allow for a safe Dark Pursuit on hit.

edit: Ex - Dark Pursuit

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Only when enhanced, lol I thought it was the normal one too. Unfortunately not.
Damn!!! Well, still, the following should make Dark Pursuit safe on hit:

B2
F3
B122
J2,J3,and J4
NJ 1,2

I will definitely be setting up Dark Pursuit :)

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I'm dying to test how immune Choke and his command grabs are to being low-profiled.

(IMO, Unstoppable and Relentless would be a LOT better if his specials couldn't be low-profiled - Heck, Unstoppable might actually be viable if that were the case)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Damn!!! Well, still, the following should make Ex-Dark Pursuit safe on hit:

B2
F3
B122
J2,J3,and J4
NJ 1,2

I will definitely be setting up Ex-Dark Pursuit :)
Of those I'd say f3, 23 and b122 are the only real reliable ones. His neutral jump and kicks are booty. B2 I always go into a combo from, same with 24 into tick grabs. Still cool though.

In my eyes it seems like an excellent way to end a match now adding on to our armor.

Hopefully armor doesn't instantly run out now with pursuit is up.
I think it'll still cut off since they didn't mention fixing it. Not even sure if they're aware of it or they intended it or not. It seems too dumb to be a part of the design but who knows with NRS. But yes to end matches that recovery time should make it a lot more viable at the beginning of armor to really solidify ending a round.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Of those I'd say f3, 23 and b122 are the only real reliable ones. His neutral jump and kicks are booty. B2 I always go into a combo from, same with 24 into tick grabs. Still cool though..
When I play Relentless and/or Unstoppable, I use F3, 23, and, of course, B122 all the time. So, even if that were the case, I'd be more than happy. Also, I think being able to safely employ Ex-Pursuit is a pretty nice reward for landing a jump kick.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
My only disappointment is that there wasn't a specific buff for Unstoppable. But, maybe the improvements to Choke and his two command grabs will be enough. We'll see.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
damn... was hoping for something for the teleport
even if it was only enhance teleport, damnit
next patch probaly, jason still newer than everyone but tanya and pretty beast as is so I bet NRS didn't wana touch him too much yet

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
So im getting his back breaker to work on tick throws with d1 and d3 even when I have the CPU set to crouch. I don't remember this being possible before since it was always duckable. Has back breaker finally gained a use since it is 1% more than tight squeeze, leaves the opponent closer to you for more offensive pressure, and (at least imo) looks cooler?

Last edited:

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So im getting his back breaker to work on tick throws with d1 and d3 even when I have the CPU set to crouch. I don't remember this being possible before since it was always duckable. Has back breaker finally gained a use since it is 1% more than tight squeeze, leaves the opponent closer to you for more offensive pressure, and (at least imo) looks cooler?
It tick grabs from d3 which is a low? Back breakers the high command grab right? So they'd have to block low then stand to get hit or does it jail them regardless? Try doing d1 and on block while they're crouching and let me know if that connects. That actually sounds really good for the exact reasons you mentioned, sometimes being close is better and that 1% could also come in handy. If they have to be blocking high to get hit still then it's too risky imo.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It tick grabs from d3 which is a low? Back breakers the high command grab right? So they'd have to block low then stand to get hit or does it jail them regardless? Try doing d1 and on block while they're crouching and let me know if that connects. That actually sounds really good for the exact reasons you mentioned, sometimes being close is better and that 1% could also come in handy. If they have to be blocking high to get hit still then it's too risky imo.
They can neutral duck the grab after blocking d1/d3 but if they are still blocking the grab connects. Same thing with raw back breaker, it needs to be neutral ducked.

On a small side note THEY FIXED B1 WHIFFING!!! :eek::eek::eek:

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
They can neutral duck the grab after blocking d1/d3 but if they are still blocking the grab connects. Same thing with raw back breaker, it needs to be neutral ducked.

On a small side note THEY FIXED B1 WHIFFING!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Hmm, interesting well if it indeed hits while blocking low then that's a nice improvement. Still think it's a worse option but hey, it's another option I suppose.

But let's hold up for a second about a subpar command grab option.

B1 DOESN'T WHIFF!? EVEN ON CASSIE NEUTRAL DUCKING!? WOAAAH JASON ACTUALLY A CHARACTER NOW!?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Hmm, interesting well if it indeed hits while blocking low then that's a nice improvement. Still think it's a worse option but hey, it's another option I suppose.

But let's hold up for a second about a subpar command grab option.

B1 DOESN'T WHIFF!? EVEN ON CASSIE NEUTRAL DUCKING!? WOAAAH JASON ACTUALLY A CHARACTER NOW!?
It NEVER whiffs on Cassie. It even seems to have more range! It might be one of the better footsie strings in the game right now. Even the 2 at the end of b122 seems to hit higher above and behind Jason than it did before, allowing easier combos into 111~choke. I don't even know if you have to run cancel to hit b122, b122 anymore. He might even have new combos... I was able to hit b2, b122, b122, 11~choke. Not sure if that was possible before.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
It NEVER whiffs on Cassie. It even seems to have more range! It might be one of the better footsie strings in the game right now. Even the 2 at the end of b122 seems to hit higher above and behind Jason than it did before, allowing easier combos into 111~choke. I don't even know if you have to run cancel to hit b122, b122 anymore. He might even have new combos... I was able to hit b2, b122, b122, 11~choke. Not sure if that was possible before.
Wow, he's actually gonna be good now. That's really the main thing he needed. Now I can't whine about him being the worst character in the game anymore. Now I just gotta sit and wait for PC to be updated.... lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Wow, he's actually gonna be good now. That's really the main thing he needed. Now I can't whine about him being the worst character in the game anymore. Now I just gotta sit and wait for PC to be updated.... lol
He seems very solid now. At the start of the match he can b1 immediately and it will reach. I even tapped back once and he could still reach after the little half step. So at the start of the match he can reach with all these: b4 (low, hkd), f3 (overhead), f4 (low), b1 (mid, ticks into squeeze), b2 (mid launcher anti air, ticks into squeeze), raw squeeze (unblockable), and choke (safe mid). Seems like he has some decent options now with these improved hitboxes!

Vigilante24

Well the way I had the CPU set was blocking to stance and movement set to duck so no matter what, the cpu is ducking the entire time. I was connecting Back Breaker off d1 and d3 tick throws even when the cpu was blocking low. Tested it on Cassie btw, small character.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Yes, this never worked pre-patch, BUT, the d1 back breaker tick throw still doesn't work consistently (the d3 back breaker tick throw seems to always work). For example, in testing with (crouching, blocking) Sub Zero just now, the d1 back breaker tick throw will not connect when there is zero distance between Sub Zero and yourself. It will only connect if you are a step away from Sub. Again, the d3 version will connect no matter what.

Vigilante24

Yes, this never worked pre-patch, BUT, the d1 back breaker tick throw still doesn't work consistently (the d3 back breaker tick throw seems to always work). For example, in testing with (crouching, blocking) Sub Zero just now, the d1 back breaker tick throw will not connect when there is zero distance between Sub Zero and yourself. It will only connect if you are a step away from Sub. Again, the d3 version will connect no matter what.
Ah I see. If that is the case, then that is still good for the reasons I mentioned previously about the use of backbreaker. Just gotta remember to use d3 for it instead of d1. Im liking the new Jason. Happy Jason main right here. :)