What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs Video Thread

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Shotgun is definitely better than FA against Reptile, but it's still ass. He also has the leaping move which goes over the low shotgun I think, might've just been me sucking tho coz I don't really play shotgun..

stosn

Noob
Rektile is pretty free to Full Auto and not so easy for HT
In High Tech he literally shuts her down with forceballs as she has no real way to navigate around them. He can set up a forceball and start building meter with acid spit. Her best option is to neutral crouch and not tech shield as a baited tech shield gives reptile a free punish from about 3/4 screen with a slight run into f21.
df2 against projectiles work well

Cosmos

Noob
Rektile is pretty free to Full Auto and not so easy for HT

df2 against projectiles work well
How exactly is he free to full auto?

Df2 has the exact same problem as tech shield it can be baited and the absolute best case scenario is you'll qbrc in time to block the forceball and hold whatever Reptile wants to do.

I don't think you have played a Reptile that knows the matchup if that's your experience with him.

stosn

Noob
Yea, HT is weak vs reptile zoning.
You cant zone him braindeadly ( in Full Auto ), but he must respect your machine gun.
I think you outplayed by player, not by character

Cosmos

Noob
Yea, HT is weak vs reptile zoning.
You cant zone him braindeadly ( in Full Auto ), but he must respect your machine gun.
I think you outplayed by player, not by character
You can't zone him at all. He doesn't have to respect machine gun at all as i've already stated it's incredibly easy to neutral crouch in and then he can punish from half screen with slide.

You don't seem like you know the matchup at all to be honest.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
In Shotgun, manage midscreen with low shotgun. Use tech shield to absorb or reflect slow-ass force ball. I dunno. I don't have too much difficulty with the Reptile MU. Don't get knocked down :p

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
By respect I think Stosn means Reptile has to keep it in mind, he can't do forceballs outside of juggle enders for oki coz of the machinegun which you can use as a counter on reaction. He also can't randomly activate any of his dd3's unless he wants to eat hella lead.
You can also test them with it, see if they can punish the machinegun. If they can't, go fuckin nuts and type a J on their chest with bullet holes all Zoro style and shit.
If they do, that's where you can pull out ex machinegun, low rocket, uprocket, and run up whatever to keep them on their toes. You can both can punish each other's ranged tools but you gotta be alert (and in the right range/willing to spend a bar).

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

If you do f2u22+4 from max distance there is no gap in the string.
Ya this was known I think, just like Sonya's B14 from a distance (no gap). You can also cancel F2U2 into stage interactables :p It looks really weird and dumb!

Unfortunately, F2U2 from a distance won't close the gap with DD4 =\

Last edited:

Cosmos

Noob
By respect I think Stosn means Reptile has to keep it in mind, he can't do forceballs outside of juggle enders for oki coz of the machinegun which you can use as a counter on reaction. He also can't randomly activate any of his dd3's unless he wants to eat hella lead.
You can also test them with it, see if they can punish the machinegun. If they can't, go fuckin nuts and type a J on their chest with bullet holes all Zoro style and shit.
If they do, that's where you can pull out ex machinegun, low rocket, uprocket, and run up whatever to keep them on their toes. You can both can punish each other's ranged tools but you gotta be alert (and in the right range/willing to spend a bar).
Yeah but we're talking about the matchup at high level so machinegun should be punished on block everytime from the right range with slide or at the least he'll run into some stagger pressure unless you make yourself safe with exguns.

From full screen obviously he can't throw out forceballs it's an easy punish.
However from mid-screen it's not the same as you have to respect his other zoning options and slide bypassing low rocket and guns.

For example from mid-screen you aren't reacting and tech-shieding spit because of both of their startup's. So if you block or neutral crouch spit you're then in a scenario where he can slide under reversal guns if you try to keep him in check reading a spit or a forceball. If you start to respect his slide as an option that's where the opportunity to set up a forceball in the mid range arises.

Not to mention even if you were just doing guns on reaction to forceball he can just bait guns with exfastball, if you react and guns he'll take 4% before you get launched by forceball then he can run in and combo into forceball oki.

Let's be serious here at high level no Reptile is just throwing out dd3's. There are safe setups for getting those out.

I don't mean to sound condescending i'm just being honest, it really doesn't sound like you're playing Rep's that know the matchup.:oops:

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
I really needed to see some vs Kotal play. You did me a solid here. Thanks for sharing man!
I have problems with Kotal 2, if your guys have tips would be appreciated. Counter poking isn't working b'cus of her hitbox. Her long range moves are slower dan his. On the other hand don't know when to hit him when he is in her face. A cool video would help :). It's a pain playing against a good Kotal.

stosn

Noob
part 1 of online ft10 vs IgatPower95. Yes, this player does not know the matchup, but who cares? :D
UPD : part 2 here

Last edited:

stosn

Noob
Thirst part of my set with my mate - Dock. His Takeda is good, in my opinion Ronin is bad MU for HT Jacqui, because hit normals ridiculous.
And yes - sorry for the quality :(

Last edited: