What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
lmao no.

She's solid but she has a lot of cases where she gets stomped due to the opponent having poke related shenanigans that she has to struggle to deal with.
Agreed, while it maybe "outside looking in" from my side i have been watching a lot with some of the new and old cast etc

The struggle match up wise is still real and dont even get me started on how she does depending on the variation someone might choose lol

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Hmm... looks like holding down 3 and then pressing 1 or 4 will no longer give you throw and stance switch. This means while using EX low rocket and holding it there, you'll have access to more moves for more mixups. If I played on something other than a 6 button stick, then I'd also map one of the buttons to throw and still have access to that as part of the mixup as well. Purely a buff for anyone who has that option on their controller.

Edit: Actually, I don't need an interactable button. I can just do that with 1+2 and have an automatic throw button instead. We in there!

Last edited:

FlyMike

-----
I've got the cyber skin and could give out my WBID as long as you hooligans don't wreck my account. I had never touched the mobile game and downloaded today and lucked into a Jacqui card. The requirements to unlock Jaq's and Cassie's new skin is pretty easy provided you have their cards.
Bro if you'd be kind enough, I'd definitely appreciate it and would be in your debt. I host sessions all the time, and especially this week for guys getting ready for Final Round. It'd be cool to have all the outfits, and definitely Cyber Jacqui for myself since she's pretty much my main. I don't have time to play that mobile game though. That's overkill lol.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Bro if you'd be kind enough, I'd definitely appreciate it and would be in your debt. I host sessions all the time, and especially this week for guys getting ready for Final Round. It'd be cool to have all the outfits, and definitely Cyber Jacqui for myself since she's pretty much my main. I don't have time to play that mobile game though. That's overkill lol.
Sure thing. I'll hit you up in a PM.

Terrencify

Jacqui The Feint God
I've been out for a while. I have been seeing alot of good combo videos and such with people using jacqui now lool. More 4u4 and the uppercut shit I forgot the inputs for that but meh. Any updated shotgun guides let me know.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
SonicFox sent out a tweet yesterday about showing off his NEW main for MKX. Later that evening i briefly caught him on stream playing Shotgun Jacqui. He also was stating how CHEAP she was. Could it be the rise of Ms Briggs?.......

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It's Warrior Predator apparently. And lol rise of Jacqui? No chance. She's decent....if she touches you, but at this point people should be strong enough in neutral and know how to zone with normals to keep her out.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Agreed this is no where near the "rise" of jacqui...we do tend to forget that sonic fox is an over all good player and hes messed around with a few characters..

But as stated she has to actually get in with those t-rex arms/normals and not only are there other way of keeping her out there are characters/variations made to still do so...plus if that isnt ppls thing then there are certain characters with better offense/options anyway to get the job done if they get bored and want to go in instead etc...

Short answer though? Nope lol

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
Jacqui most certainly does have short limbs. But does this really matter in her fight? I think Jacqui's walk speed pretty much makes up for her short arms. Although her poke game isn't strong. She no doubt has the fastest walk speed. A really hurts my soul that people would request her to have range. I think it's a big no. As a Jacqui main, I believe she does NOT need range on her normals. Imagine range with Full Auto variation. My conclusion to this is that Jacqui is perfect the way she is now. No more buffs, no more nerfs. What do you think about her short arms? Should she have range? Should they leave her be?

Meep8345

Noob
Jacqui most certainly does have short limbs. But does this really matter in her fight? I think Jacqui's walk speed pretty much makes up for her short arms. Although her poke game isn't strong. She no doubt has the fastest walk speed. A really hurts my soul that people would request her to have range. I think it's a big no. As a Jacqui main, I believe she does NOT need range on her normals. Imagine range with Full Auto variation. My conclusion to this is that Jacqui is perfect the way she is now. No more buffs, no more nerfs. What do you think about her short arms? Should she have range? Should they leave her be?
She doesn't need range at all. Everyone is downplaying Jacqui a lot I think she's actually a really really strong character. You can easily get people to whiff normals with her crazy walkspeed so if they gave her range she would be S++ tier lol.

OfficialYungmonster

She doesn't need range at all. Everyone is downplaying Jacqui a lot I think she's actually a really really strong character. You can easily get people to whiff normals with her crazy walkspeed so if they gave her range she would be S++ tier lol.
Exactly what I'm saying m everything said was so true. I never downplay jacqui, i even play Tanya and I don't downplay her.

Meep8345

Noob
Exactly what I'm saying m everything said was so true. I never downplay jacqui, i even play Tanya and I don't downplay her.
Tanya really isn't that strong but she isn't destroyed like people say imo. Only thing Tanya needs is b1 2+4 be -6 and she'd be goodish. Jaqucci staggers are a nightmare to deal with and her neutral honestly isn't that bad. She also has a pretty good run that can be hard to react to. She has crazy good offense which more than makes up for her sub-par normals range.

OfficialYungmonster

Tanya really isn't that strong but she isn't destroyed like people say imo. Only thing Tanya needs is b1 2+4 be -6 and she'd be goodish. Jaqucci staggers are a nightmare to deal with and her neutral honestly isn't that bad. She also has a pretty good run that can be hard to react to. She has crazy good offense which more than makes up for her sub-par normals range.
Yup, about Tanya, Pyromacer could use a buff , Dragonnaginata is her best variation. Jacqui's staggers are as good as kenshi's you're right. And I think if she did have the "better range" that all the Jacqui main crybabys want, she'd simply be op

Meep8345

Noob
Yup, about Tanya, Pyromacer could use a buff , Dragonnaginata is her best variation. Jacqui's staggers are as good as kenshi's you're right. And I think if she did have the "better range" that all the Jacqui main crybabys want, she'd simply be op
Might actually happen lol. Like what happened with mileena. Jacqui just requires good fundamentals to get in and get her stuff started and when she does it might be GG. I'm more scared of her staggers than jax or Lao lol

OfficialYungmonster

Might actually happen lol. Like what happened with mileena. Jacqui just requires good fundamentals to get in and get her stuff started and when she does it might be GG. I'm more scared of her staggers than jax or Lao lol
Yah, and plus when jacqui does get in she hits heavy so it's actually a really powerful asset she has

E

Eldriken

"you guys knock it off " he's the aggressor lmao. I'm just laughing at how mad he is over do and does
The fact remains that you're still responding to him. You're feeding into him because you thrive on this nonsense. Seriously, leave it alone and carry on about the topic at hand. If you don't like what someone has to say, ignore them. Simple as that.