What's new

General/Other Issue with 2,1,4 corner combo

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr
OK, I tried to find something about this, but I couldnt. Ive got the freddy comp. pack w/ Umk3 Sub. I just noticed this morning during a fight, the took it to the lab to test. The corner combo; 2,1,4~freeze, njp, njp, 2,1,4 during the second 214, when subs supposed to freeze his opponent during the 1, he doesnt, and now Im whiffing the 4! :confused: Has anyone else noticed this, or did they do this purposely and I just didnt get the memo?

You can`t NJP after 214 freeze, becouse your opponent will fall to the ground. U cant use 2 times 214 in one corner combo, try to 224

214,freeze,(B1)2,224 is propaby best corner combo after 214 but timing on B12 is tricky, im Using 214,freeze,4,224

You can end combos with slide if u kill opponent

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
You can also use 224, freeze, 4, 214... I prefer 224 because people jump over me when I try to start with 214 too often.

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr
You can`t NJP after 214 freeze, becouse your opponent will fall to the ground. U cant use 2 times 214 in one corner combo, try to 224

214,freeze,(B1)2,224 is propaby best corner combo after 214 but timing on B12 is tricky, im Using 214,freeze,4,224

You can end combos with slide if u kill opponent
Yea, I was thinking 2,2~freeze, njp, njp, 214 when I was typing. I had just woken up, so I was kinda out of it. I'll try using 224 instead of the second 214, but I could have sworn that you could use two 2,1,4's in that corner combo before! I might just be losing my mind.

As far as the slide, I dont like using slide in the corner due to the fact that it knocks them out of the corner. I usually wait a sec, then D4 to prevent any type of wake up attempt.

Metalic

Noob
Can't 214/212 twice in the same combo unless you use a reset. Still messes me up time to time myself.

zee

Icy
Can't 214/212 twice in the same combo unless you use a reset. Still messes me up time to time myself.
You CAN use two 214's in a corner combo, you just have to start close to the corner. :/

Jip, 214, Ice Blast, 214, X-Ray is a stupid simple 53%. Try it.

Creepy00

Noob
OK, I tried to find something about this, but I couldnt. Ive got the freddy comp. pack w/ Umk3 Sub. I just noticed this morning during a fight, the took it to the lab to test. The corner combo; 2,1,4~freeze, njp, njp, 2,1,4 during the second 214, when subs supposed to freeze his opponent during the 1, he doesnt, and now Im whiffing the 4! :confused: Has anyone else noticed this, or did they do this purposely and I just didnt get the memo?
I recently made a post about this in the sub combos thread, Check out, it will help you. Talked about what sub corner combo is better depending the situation.

Metalic

Noob
You CAN use two 214's in a corner combo, you just have to start close to the corner. :/

Jip, 214, Ice Blast, 214, X-Ray is a stupid simple 53%. Try it.
Whoops, meant you can't get the freeze twice. Or if you can I've been missing out