What's new

Question Is your character better, same, or worse?

BxKeyz

Noob
overhead punch, b2 up punch, dash forward, f1 stone punch

side switches with no stamina
lol i don't man, may be i'm the only tremor player affected by the stamina patch..i played tremor since day one, so that's about 2 years playing him with strong offense regardless the nerfs he received and also i was able to adapt...But this time is Stamina and is a huge part of this game and for nrs to try and balance the game out by increasing the usage of stamina it hurts me(and i'm pretty sure i ain't the only one). because before i would flash parry through projectiles and other situations but now i'm just getting blown up because the stamina bar blinks red. My point is, i don't think nrs should have touched the stamina, they should have just nerf who ever had to nerfed individually..yea i thank you but i wasn't talking about corner switching i was talking about overall..

Cassie: Better, due to being practically untouched (had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for these nerfs)

Jaqui: only used HT: 10/4/16 High tech has met it's very unfortunate sudden tragic and very unexpected death. RIP, she is now trash, gone, dead, goodbye&goodnight.

Sonya: Worse but still good

Kotal Kahn Sun god: Idk yet, seems solid, may even be Kotal's strongest variation now. But as a character overall with plus frames off pizza and b1 a high he is worse.

Tanya: Better

Slasher Jason: Same??

Cryomancer Sub Zero: I didn't play him prepatch so I can't really speak on his behalf, but I feel like he is a lot better with these changes. Have been playing him the most after this patch.
I'd say Slasher got worse. Losing safe, meterless high damage 50/50s in the corner definitely hurt him. But the gains in armor were better I suppose.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I'd say Slasher got worse. Losing safe, meterless high damage 50/50s in the corner definitely hurt him. But the gains in armor were better I suppose.
He didn't get worse, the 50/50 in the corner was a small part of his game plan. A strong part but small. He is definitely better as he can stagger with less risk.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Cybernetic Kano: got better due to universal changes. He's probably top 10 now with very strong zoning and footsie
Warrior: worse IMO. Too many strong zoners around, he has terrible footsie with slow walk speed and mediocre normals. ex BF1 being plus sound good but it pushes everyone away from him, then if they back dash (oh fuck Kano) they can start throwing shit on him again, really?
High Tech Jacqui: got murdered. Now officially bottom 5

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Wargod=worse
B1 was WG's main pressure and sword 50/50 string. Now it's low profiled all the time. WG is still good but definitely worse

Blood god=worse
The Nerf on obsidian was something I wasn't expecting. Now ur taking more dmg and u don't build as much meter. Still good but worse

Sun god=better
I think this is kotal's best variation now. Expizza pressure is better coz no armored launchers. He's dmg is out of this world even with out meter. Still has mid tick throw. New meta open new possibilities to use he's grab. Love it. Universal buffs he received were very welcomed and helps compensating the b1 Nerf. Open to debate

Down 2

Noob
Jax= Worse
Why would they take away his armor on dash punch? It's already an unsafe move but it served as a great way to close distance.. In my opinion it should have two hits of armor kinda like Johnnys shadow kick.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I'm unsure about Tempest no wakeup hurts a lot but these new strings are fantastic so I guess he's a mixed bag.

I didn't play Spec Ops pre patch but Cassie's b12 feels more powerful then ever.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Tarkatan = Worse. Not by too much though

Master of Storms = Quite a bit better! DoT increase was huge and some new string adjustments help

Summoner Quan = Could be Top 3 now. Insane zoning, still has fun to blockables and defense isnt a huge issue anymore because his worst MUs were nerfed.

Pretty Lady = Much better! Stamina changes help her become more of a true zoner. two hits on armour improves her previously lacking wakeup game

Warlock = Destroyed. Could be bottom 3. Basically variationless quan with F3. Which is still a good move, but no reason to pick this variation over a solid secondary character.

Sorcerer = Largely Unchanged.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Special Forces stayed the same. B1 change makes it difficult to punish any thing out of that tiny s1 range, and without drone active she has weak punishes anyway. But the stamina changes made her zoning with homing missile even more annoying to deal with.

Sorcerer improved. Zoning improved due to general changes. Lost long range overhead but it's still a good mid and we have f4 now anyway. Less plus on skull doesn't really matter. Still excellent to use in the corner.

myri

Time Warrior
Kung Lao: Hella buffed, yeah lads we in there!

Bo' Rai Cho: Hella buffed!

Sektor: Tiny buffs but Sektor was already good.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Cmon Cage is still super solid

I don't think he's top 10 anymore he's Mid tier IMO
The question was and i quote-

"IS YOUR CHARACTER BETTER, SAME, OR WORSE?"

I think the answer your looking for is worse. Seeing as you said "I don't think he's top 10 anymore he's Mid tier IMO" So if he's dropped in the tier list doesn't that make him worse than he previously was?

Trying to be politically correct and neutral all the time is hurting the facts.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Jax= Worse
Why would they take away his armor on dash punch? It's already an unsafe move but it served as a great way to close distance.. In my opinion it should have two hits of armor kinda like Johnnys shadow kick.
They couldn't fix the OHDP bug so they took out the armour as a temporary fix i think until they iron out the code.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hat Trick Kung Lao: Much better, the universal changes helped his variation specific tools and actually helps him play zoning, got better normals, and juggle consistencies, spin is one of the best anti-airs in the game and also works as a wakeup, but his pressure game is mostly the same, he still loses matches, in general, but there is a lot he can do now.

Ninjutsu Scorpion: Much better, universal changes helped him alot, including the hurtbox of jump attacks being active one frame earlier than the active frame of the hitbox much in turn made his anti-airs incredibly consistent, among one of the best anti-airs normals of the game, on top of that the universal changes such as stamina nerf made Ninjutsu a freaking wall to go through since everyone else is like him now.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Venomous Dvorah: Worse imo.
F22 went from being one of her best tools to being one of the worst.
F34 is unsafe to 8f and now we rely on it.
Stamina changes are awful as shes gotta go in.
Losing EX spray in a meta with triple stack armour moves was huge.
New armour move sends full screen, can be beaten by crossup the same as her EX ovi stabs, has bugs where the armour doesnt activate or the move has no hitbox.
Ovi stabs only has 1 hit of armour and is unsafe, no changes there but its objectively worse than most other characters who got safety or added extra hits.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Pyro Tanya. -Better

-Universal stamina changers help her zoning
- tele cancels only cost half a bar of stamina so she can be plus 2 twice when in your face
- Has one of the best armored attacks in the game now. (2 hits of armor, can be combo'd off an anti air in the corner, pseudo 50/50 if they get hit with it standing)
- buffed fireball damage. Not the damage I wanted buffed for her but it's better than nothing.
-tele into tele recovery frames glitch removed which is fine cause it wasn't intended in the first place.
- recovery frames shaved off teleport. Almost back to the recovery on release day I think.

Definitely better

Would've liked some changes to her normals but oh well. Pretty okay character in the new meta.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
The question was and i quote-

"IS YOUR CHARACTER BETTER, SAME, OR WORSE?"

I think the answer your looking for is worse. Seeing as you said "I don't think he's top 10 anymore he's Mid tier IMO" So if he's dropped in the tier list doesn't that make him worse than he previously was?

Trying to be politically correct and neutral all the time is hurting the facts.
I never implied "you're all wrong he's not worse but he actually is"

I'm replying to the people who I think are being little over dramatic by saying his "pressure is fucked now" and "Buttons are useless" which to me is implying that he is shit tier which I followed up I think he is mid tier

I was not a politically correct asshole and telling they're em are "Wrong" I was implying he's not as bad as they think

Last edited:

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
lol i don't man, may be i'm the only tremor player affected by the stamina patch..i played tremor since day one, so that's about 2 years playing him with strong offense regardless the nerfs he received and also i was able to adapt...But this time is Stamina and is a huge part of this game and for nrs to try and balance the game out by increasing the usage of stamina it hurts me(and i'm pretty sure i ain't the only one). because before i would flash parry through projectiles and other situations but now i'm just getting blown up because the stamina bar blinks red. My point is, i don't think nrs should have touched the stamina, they should have just nerf who ever had to nerfed individually..yea i thank you but i wasn't talking about corner switching i was talking about overall..
I hear you. It hasn't hurt my game play with Tremor a ton though. I see it mostly mid screen when i do things like b1 into ex rolling cutter.

It used to work as kind of a mini option select for me. Id do b1~ex rolling cutter into a micro run into f121. If they blocked, fine. Ill take the plus frames and pressure. If they got hit if get a combo off f121.

Now unless i have 100% stamina to start with, Ill run out of stamina doing the micro run and end up getting a punishable forward dash.

Buff tremors dash, and I'm good. Honestly, is there a character in the game with a worse forward dash??

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I never said he is not worse?

I'm replying to the people who I think are being little over dramatic by saying his "pressure is fucked now" and "Buttons are useless" which is implying that he is shit tier which I followed up I think he is mid tier

I was not a politically correct asshole and telling they're em are "Wrong" I was implying he's not as bad as they think
Fair play. I just saw that you only commented on kang but as a cage player i was expecting you to give your 2 cents about the character but because you didn't really say if he was worse or not it seemed like you were avoiding saying it. Say it and it shall set you free lol

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Fair play. I just saw that you only commented on kang but as a cage player i was expecting you to give your 2 cents about the character but because you didn't really say if he was worse or not it seemed like you were avoiding saying it. Say it and it shall set you free lol
No worries man I probably could of being less lazy about it and gave a proper synopsis
So I got no problem with you saying how it looked to you.
i wasn't very concise either.

Wigy

There it is...
Worse:
Mileena (piercing) She's still amazing, but she is obviously worse because of the nerfs she received.
Mileena (all variations) She received an unneeded nerf to her damage. Complete bullshit.
Tanya (Naginata) she got the most bullshit ass nerf to her damage. She should 100% get it back.
Better
Tanya (Kobu Jutsu) she got armor back on her first rekka. She's looking good. Personally there are somethings I would give her but that's a different topic.
Tanya (Pyromancer) She's looking fucking amazing. Again like I said before, there are somethings I would give her but she's looking great.
did she not have like mid 40's with ease in the corner?