What's new

Is There Still Hype For MK11 And Do You Think That They Should Continue To Support It?

Mr.Khen

I am you
No they are. They bitch about thing and then bitch about it when they get it. They don't know what they want. As a Sonic fan, I got a lot of experience of dealing with hypocritical fans. Being divided is not okay and leads to factions.
Ridicule? Dude I just had to correct someone on jump ins being too strong saying they were safe when they weren't. A lot of these issues are people blaming the game when it is them. Valid is prepatch Gears beign derpy. The biggest is how they are wanting mroe patches but complain in the past that the game was patch too much.
Factions are okay.. literally how things work irl, even us corresponding here is a some kind of faction
anyway, it's not rocket science, no player I know and met loves to bash the game just to irritate other players,
it's either you organically enjoy the game or not... it's SUBJECTIVE

Just because some people are only scratching the surface of the game mechanics are giving it a bad
critique doesn't mean their experience is "wrong" .. it's just casual..

is it really that impossible to believe that knowledgeable players find the game boring? is it tho now? ;)

Last edited:
Nay, maybe I was unclear, I said I want HUGE changes to the game's meta, rebuilding certain mechanics from the ground up, opening combo paths, reevaluating the variation system, etc. These are the kind of improvements I am HOPEFUL for. If they are not willing to support the game at THIS level than I do not really care about the support they offer and would rather see the next game.

Like if "support" is going to consist of holiday skins and easier brutality inputs that doesn't exactly rekindle my interest in the game.
When i say support.....im talkin patches and updates....not skins and brutals. I want things to change the meta as well. There are mechanics i dont like in this game. My whole point of my post was to say we never get to that bc too many people straight up bash the game instead of list out specific problems with the game. Now everybody doesn't do this...but the complainers do this alot.

Last edited:

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Factions are okay.. literally how things work irl, even us corresponding here is a some kind of faction
anyway, it's not rocket science, no player I know and met loves to bash the game just to irritate other players,
it's either you organically enjoy the game or not... it's SUBJECTIVE

Just because some people are only scratching the surface of the game mechanics are giving it a bad
critique doesn't mean their experience is "wrong" .. it's just casual..

is it really that impossible to believe that knowledgeable players find the game boring? is it tho now? ;)
The game being boring is something else and nto related to what we're talking about. Also, I don't like how you think it is okay to spread false information. We live in a world where fake news is popular, I think we should do the opposite instead of repeating the same cycle.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Hype was dead for me after a month of release. I have barely touched the game since then. Even the games I love, like MKX, 2 years is honestly enough to move onto something fresh. Maybe 3, but no longer.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
When i say support.....im talkin patches and updates....not skins and brutals. I want things to change the meta as well. There are mechanics i dont like in this game. My whole point of my post was to say we never get to that bc too many people straight up bash the game instead of list out specific problems with the game. Now everybody doesn't do this...but the complainers do this alot.
I think people that bash the game (myself included) are usually quite vocal about what it is they dont like about the game.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Imagine telling people "they need to take a break" as a defense to them saying they dislike a game. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

If you actually enjoy a game, you don't take a break from it to "rekindle" your love. Jesus.....the blind defense of this game knows NO BOUNDS. Every game I've ever loved....I can't WAIT to get home to play it. Even day 2 of MK11 didn't give me this feeling.
I've scored two thousand hours in Skyrim and I think it's a very addictive game. That said, after a few weeks I let it go and don't come back for at least a year.

There is gaming fatique, even for games you're crazy about.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I have no idea lol.

Its really hard to judge anything right now because the world is a touch crazy.
With out tournaments going on I don’t really pay attention to anything, outside of maybe weird drama involving SF6 and Ono.

I never had much passion for MK11 for various reasons, and I’ll be honest, with new consoles coming, I can’t wait to see what they can do with Injustice 3 on a new PlayStation and or Xbox. So I do kinda want them to move on and focus on a new game, and hopefully by the time it’s released the world will be a bit more stable.

Shits weird yo

There are still 50/50 in this game though. There is also a lot of guess work which I find much more irritating. When I knock someone down I shouldn't feel like I don't have the upper hand. Will they short delay, long delay, Up 2, Up 3, roll forward, roll back, jump, or immediately press buttons. I personally also find that rolls are not consistent for me....Maybe i'm just not as good at this game.....but when I try to roll it comes out like 50% of the time for me. Wake up armored attacks for me in MKX came out like 100% of the time. The combos have been so watered down in this game to make them shorter but not necessarily easier . I loved spending hours in MKX getting the muscle memory down for long juggle combos. I feel like I was rewarded for my practice by being able to execute nice combos that a casual player wouldn't be able to. I main Jade in this game who was described by NRS as " not a combo character" and I find the very limited corner combos she can do are extremely difficult to execute ......maybe its just me in this game again but in MKX I had no problems with corner combos. It feels like the things I loved about MKX were removed and difficult mechanics were added. I can't consistently flawless block and up 2/up 3......it's just to difficult of a mechanic for me to do. I don't even try anymore. it's sad because I felt like i was solidly good at MKX not amazing ......this game I just feel bad......i can't get an edge through hours of practice of combos. I feel like anyone can learn a character fully in a couple days since options are so limited. I feel like everyone plays each character the same and there is no room for a person to play a character in a unique way. MK11 has felt very slow and clunky to me from the first time I played it. Everything feels like its on a delay and there is so much recovery lag after every single move. I think Krushing Blows are horrible. Some characters have easy practical requirements and some are just never goign to happen. Being able to kill someone by just hitting 2 Krushing Blows then a Fatal blow is just stupid to me. Just like when I play Jade and hit someone with the upper cut KB and then immediately hit her armor breaking shadow kick KB for like 48% damage. I'm not complaining about the damage since Jade is severely lacking the damage potential other characters have but it's just a stupid and brain dead way of getting 48% damage. I would rather be rewarded and feel accomplished by juggling a long combo I've spent hours practicing to get that 48% damage. A simple upper cut and then a simple special move input for 48% is just dumb. Anyone can do that with no practice. Overall MK11 is just not a fun game to me. It actually feels very frustrating to play and I find myself not wanting to come back to it. I continue to play MKX and will always go back to it since it's much more satisfying of a game to me personally.
No offense, but what are you even talking about? Every fighting game has guessing.

it’s flagging a dead horse Atp.

NRS would be smart to add some new designers/developers in their team for their next ”Mortal Kombat“ project.

Last edited:

shezy

Noob
MK 11 the graphics are okay but the gameplay physics are very bad, I wish RUN was their, it's the game with zero creativity
they've changed the game to much . The feeling of real Mortal Kombat is fading away I've gone back to MKxl.
Destroyer fgc has been doing a great job streaming mkxl it shows that he also is still in love with mkxl keep it up bro and
thank you I appreciate what you do.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
If they drop support now they should quit making games all together, How are they gonna market their next game if they do that?

The game is not beyond saving but it needs bold changes to regain interest, fucking delete variations all together if that's what it takes.