What's new

General/Other Is there ever a time...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Absolutely. Particularly against Cage or someone with superior rushdown who you want to make work to get inside, if I hit the B12 bounce into 212, I 2XFreeze just to get distance between us. If I end with a Slide, corner or not, I'm giving Johnny exactly what he wants by leading myself into his reach, but if I keep him away, I've got a better chance of locking him out than he does getting in, especially if he knows I'm not gonna just Slide my way into his grasp.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I use it if we're both at low life. If I know the opponent has meter to break and has less than 5% of health its usually wise to do it.

Dark_Rob

Noob
If you want 5% unbreakable damage, why not go for a grab and get 10% unbreakable damage?
Sometimes you aren't in range for a throw, like in a subzero mirror for instance where there might be an ice clone between you and your opponent.

PS. Has anyone ever tested if throws can be teched by a frozen opponent? Or is it free because they are frozen? I've never tried this because let's face it, if we land an ice blast were going full combo mode.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you grab a frozen/tranced/netted/speared... (lets just call it cc'd for crowd control) isnt it possible to break the throw since it considered a physical part of the combo? If I'm right, then its safer to double iceball somebody who has a breaker and less than 5% health

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm almost completely positive that I've seen people use breakers to break out of a throw attempt when frozen.

Not sure about techs, though.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you grab a frozen/tranced/netted/speared... (lets just call it cc'd for crowd control) isnt it possible to break the throw since it considered a physical part of the combo? If I'm right, then its safer to double iceball somebody who has a breaker and less than 5% health
I'm almost completely positive that I've seen people use breakers to break out of a throw attempt when frozen.

Not sure about techs, though.
Sometimes you aren't in range for a throw, like in a subzero mirror for instance where there might be an ice clone between you and your opponent.

PS. Has anyone ever tested if throws can be teched by a frozen opponent? Or is it free because they are frozen? I've never tried this because let's face it, if we land an ice blast were going full combo mode.

Just tested it. You can both escape and break a grab after a freeze. so i guess 5% double freeze or 30% xray are your only options.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Just tested it. You can both escape and break a grab after a freeze. so i guess 5% double freeze or 30% xray are your only options.
11% with b2 also. I'm pretty sure it can be escaped with armor but I've never actually tested for sure

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
11% with b2 also. I'm pretty sure it can be escaped with armor but I've never actually tested for sure
Hmm now theres an idea! im assuming the double freeze will give it unbreakable properties? Too bad the timing would be stricter than a grab or another freeze....

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

IDK about teching them, but you can use breaker on it.

edit: lol nvm ... I read the next few posts. haha