What's new

Is Kotal Kahn the "perfect" character of MKX right now?

Is Kotal Kahn the best-designed character of MKX?

• Yes

• No

• What a stupid thread (aka I cant argue with logic, but like Subzero better just beacuse)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You make great points, but these factors do not affect outcome as much as you imply. It's not perfect yes, I agree. Nothing is though.

The biggest problem here is that if tournament results are not good enough than what is? Common opinion? A vote?
In my opinion, tier lists and such should be decided by match ups. As in, the character with the best match up chart is the best, second best, etc.

Now how you build that chart is up for debate.

Belial

Noob
In my opinion, tier lists and such should be decided by match ups. As in, the character with the best match up chart is the best, second best, etc.

Now how you build that chart is up for debate.
Even if so in a absense of a proper mu chart we have to revert to the next best thing (you know it)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Even if so in a absense of a proper mu chart we have to revert to the next best thing (you know it)
I think the biggest problem is that we as a community haven't nailed a good way to make one in this game. Either some variations are played more than others, or some characters aren't played as much, there isn't enough knowledge in the community to decide how it should best be done.

Take Kotal, for example. I'm sure there are match ups that say, War God does better in than Sun God. Now the question is, do we make a chart for each variation, or treat it as the best variation for the match up? You could argue that Kahn has utility in that way.

On the other end, you have someone like Quan with variations that don't necessarily complement each other. By that I mean that there is no reason to switch to Sorcerer if you main Summoner and vice versa. Do you treat him as three different characters with different charts?

It's an interesting topic and I'm curious to see how it develops overtime.

Belial

Noob
I think the biggest problem is that we as a community haven't nailed a good way to make one in this game. Either some variations are played more than others, or some characters aren't played as much, there isn't enough knowledge in the community to decide how it should best be done.

Take Kotal, for example. I'm sure there are match ups that say, War God does better in than Sun God. Now the question is, do we make a chart for each variation, or treat it as the best variation for the match up? You could argue that Kahn has utility in that way.

On the other end, you have someone like Quan with variations that don't necessarily complement each other. By that I mean that there is no reason to switch to Sorcerer if you main Summoner and vice versa. Do you treat him as three different characters with different charts?

It's an interesting topic and I'm curious to see how it develops overtime.
Obviously for purpose of tier list or mu chart variations should be treated for what they are - 3 different characters.

My initial question was not about tiers or character strength but about character design supported by Kotal results over 3 variations.

Xentex

Noob
My initial question was not about tiers or character strength but about character design supported by Kotal results over 3 variations.
To repeat myself, you asked an open question and spent 8 page refining the criteria you view as acceptable to answer the question.

Does any character have more balanced tournament results than Kotal Kahn across all three variations?

No, you're right, great observation.

Belial

Noob
To repeat myself, you asked an open question and spent 8 page refining the criteria you view as acceptable to answer the question.

Does any character have more balanced tournament results than Kotal Kahn across all three variations?

No, you're right, great observation.
I don't think I've had to refine any criteria there. Like i said my criteria was completely clear in op. Of course unless you see defending common sense against superstitions as such refining.

Xentex

Noob
I don't think I've had to refine any criteria there. Like i said my criteria was completely clear in op. Of course unless you see defending common sense against superstitions as such refining.
No, I think it's clear that you've executed a double flawless victory in this thread.