What's new

Breakthrough Is Batman Broken in Injustice?

Is Batman Broken?

• Total voters

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I guess it depends on what your interpretation of solid is. Batman is def a strong character but he has problems. Without Bats I dont feel that you would be able to put Batman in the same category as your Superman's, Black Adam's, Doomsday etc. To be honest I dont feel as though he should be on the same category as them with bats. I feel in the current state of the game(which can change being how young this game is) Batman is high tier, but not top tier, which IMO Superman is top tier. Batman is a jack of all trades master of none character, which makes him a fair character. If Batman is not balanced, I would be interested in hearing how you would balance Batman. I really dont feel like he needs to be nerfed or buffed, I feel Batman is fine the way he is.
Of course without bats.... without orbs black adam is shit, without F23 superman is shit, without slide killer frost is shit.

No one wants them gone, just slightly less powerful.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Push block pressure, dash over jump happy Batmans. Those are the 2 pieces of advice I give to anyone with trouble against the Bat.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Of course without bats.... without orbs black adam is shit, without F23 superman is shit, without slide killer frost is shit.

No one wants them gone, just slightly less powerful.
Cmon man you know for a fact that Batman depends more on his trait to start up his offense(zone, rushdown, make things safe, do high damageing combos without meter,extends combos, pressure etc) than those other characters with there traits and exceptional qualities. Black Adam and Superman are amazing even WITHOUT orbs and F23 like you mention. Those things just make them even more stupid. Bats does not need to be weakened, I could see if the bats dont go away if you hit Batman, but cmon, without him beng able to call bats 1 at a time if need be, Batman would be a mid tier character at best. He has short ranged normals,no wake up, and his zoning is mediocre without Bats. All he would have left would be a good cross up J2, decent air control, and an awkward jump arc. Bats is the only exceptional thing about him IMO, let him have at least that(and not nerfed).

JaredL

Cmon man you know for a fact that Batman depends more on his trait to start up his offense(zone, rushdown, make things safe, do high damageing combos without meter,extends combos, pressure etc) than those other characters with there traits and exceptional qualities. Black Adam and Superman are amazing even WITHOUT orbs and F23 like you mention. Those things just make them even more stupid. Bats does not need to be weakened, I could see if the bats dont go away if you hit Batman, but cmon, without him beng able to call bats 1 at a time if need be, Batman would be a mid tier character at best. He has short ranged normals,no wake up, and his zoning is mediocre without Bats. All he would have left would be a good cross up J2, decent air control, and an awkward jump arc. Bats is the only exceptional thing about him IMO, let him have at least that(and not nerfed).
And a parry. And an awesome B3. And with his 1 at a time bats his zoning is amazing. And don't just say 'decent' air control. He has two anti air specials, and an air to air anti air and his weird jump where he uses his cape. His pretty fucking good in the air.

And I don't think I ever said I wanted them to not do 1 at a time. I just think adding a second or so more to each bat in cooldown, would help, or maybe less hit and blockstun.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
And a parry. And an awesome B3. And with his 1 at a time bats his zoning is amazing. And don't just say 'decent' air control. He has two anti air specials, and an air to air anti air and his weird jump where he uses his cape. His pretty fucking good in the air.

And I don't think I ever said I wanted them to not do 1 at a time. I just think adding a second or so more to each bat in cooldown, would help, or maybe less hit and blockstun.
His air to air is good if your preemtively doing it and anticpating your opponent, but toe to toe it gets beat by alot of shit. His sky graple is slow as hell and can easily avoided and then Batman is left at a disadvantage if the opponent is too close. Up batarangs are good when meter burned or when used in conjunction with bats, without than its decent. The parry is good when you cn actually get it off and god help you if you dont becuase your going to get pummeled. As for his B3, its good but its not something that is going to make Batman s tier. The rest of the things you mention I already said they were good as well.

My point that im trying to get across is that Batman has a little bit of everything and a lot of tools for almost everything, but not one aspect of his game is exceptional, top tier, or OP. I can see your point as well for nerfing the cool down time or hit stun, but there are pretty big things going against him already (when it comes to his range and his poor wakeup) that he needs bats the way they are becuase if not than there is no reason to play the character over some of the other characters in the game and he will need a buff. If anything Batman is as balanced a character as you can get, he has good things going for him and he also has his drawbacks.

JaredL

His air to air is good if your preemtively doing it and anticpating your opponent, but toe to toe it gets beat by alot of shit. His sky graple is slow as hell and can easily avoided and then Batman is left at a disadvantage if the opponent is too close. Up batarangs are good when meter burned or when used in conjunction with bats, without than its decent. The parry is good when you cn actually get it off and god help you if you dont becuase your going to get pummeled. As for his B3, its good but its not something that is going to make Batman s tier. The rest of the things you mention I already said they were good as well.

My point that im trying to get across is that Batman has a little bit of everything and a lot of tools for almost everything, but not one aspect of his game is exceptional, top tier, or OP. I can see your point as well for nerfing the cool down time or hit stun, but there are pretty big things going against him already (when it comes to his range and his poor wakeup) that he needs bats the way they are becuase if not than there is no reason to play the character over some of the other characters in the game and he will need a buff. If anything Batman is as balanced a character as you can get, he has good things going for him and he also has his drawbacks.
I don't see these drawbacks.

He doesn't have a bad match up..

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
No, that is not a bad match up. That is a 5-5.
Lol ok, I would love to hear your reasoning behind this. In what possible way is Batmans matchup with Aquaman even? The only thing Batman has to get in on Aquamans ridiculous range is bats. Once a good Aquaman player shuts that down there's nothing that Batman can do. Aquaman will out zone, out prioritize, and will AA any type of offense batman will attempt. The only way an Aquaman is loosing that matchup is if they fuck up.

It's funny how this game works, it's so true to the comics, batman is a master I hand to hand combat so his cross ups and mixups would be expected to be god like, deathstroke uses guns, so his zoning game is expected to be crazy, superman can deal some crazy damage for free, as we would expect from superman lol, so the balance from a competitive perspective is yes a bit off so batman will get picked on, but it's just the way the game was made. We're gonna have to deal with it

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Not so much how much damage someone does (I mean how would Batman even put a dent into Superman unless everyone in the game has taken a "happy pill") that stuff can be tweaked, buffed, nerfed w/e those are balance issues, but I agree NRS has done an amazing job with keeping the fighting styles and nuances of each character true to there comic book counter parts. I'm going out to say that this is the best comic book fighting game of all time, and Capcom needs to take notice and learn from NRS on this one. There is so much fan service in this game it's ridiculous. From the comic series, to the promotions, to the DLC characters and skins, NRS has hit the nail on the head with this one.The game is a gem, and it aint over.Never have I seen a game being adopted and accepted by so many different players from different scenes( marvel, SF,Tekken, anime etc.) goes to show that this game is awesome. I just hope that NRS don't ruin a good thing they have going.

Not so much how much damage someone does (I mean how would Batman even put a dent into Superman unless everyone in the game has taken a "happy pill") that stuff can be tweaked, buffed, nerfed w/e those are balance issues, but I agree NRS has done an amazing job with keeping the fighting styles and nuances of each character true to there comic book counter parts. I'm going out to say that this is the best comic book fighting game of all time, and Capcom needs to take notice and learn from NRS on this one. There is so much fan service in this game it's ridiculous. From the comic series, to the promotions, to the DLC characters and skins, NRS has hit the nail on the head with this one.The game is a gem, and it aint over.Never have I seen a game being adopted and accepted by so many different players from different scenes( marvel, SF,Tekken, anime etc.) goes to show that this game is awesome. I just hope that NRS don't ruin a good thing they have going.
All true I guess my point is more aimed to the fighting styles.

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

So Batman's been my main since the release and doomsday used to get picked on because nobody knew how to deal with him. Now everyones bitching about my main character because they 'Can't block my crossovers' or they say that he has too many mixups that lead up into combos. Does anyone think that this is bullshit or agree with them?
I think that's a joke. No way is Batman broken. The game has been out what a month. People need to relax with the "broken" characters. Give the game a few months at least.

regulas

Your Emporer
So Batman's been my main since the release and doomsday used to get picked on because nobody knew how to deal with him. Now everyones bitching about my main character because they 'Can't block my crossovers' or they say that he has too many mixups that lead up into combos. Does anyone think that this is bullshit or agree with them?

He's not broken so much as is a free handicap, that is because he is comparatively easy to use. His strings just have properties built in that take away a lot of the skill needed normally to use a character, and his combos have huge leeways on chaining strings that make it (again) comparatively easy to do basic combos. This basically means that Batman acts like a handicap at anything but high tier play, and especially for someone new to the game fighting Batman always is a pain because even if he is equally new, he will play better because it doesn't take as much effort on his part.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't think any character in the game is "broken". Batman is a very easy character with a lot of options. So naturally he is going to have complainers. He is one of the most used characters... so people associate that as OP. I mean look at Deathstroke... he isn't broken... overused and easy. Same thing. :16Bit

JaredL

Lol ok, I would love to hear your reasoning behind this. In what possible way is Batmans matchup with Aquaman even? The only thing Batman has to get in on Aquamans ridiculous range is bats. Once a good Aquaman player shuts that down there's nothing that Batman can do. Aquaman will out zone, out prioritize, and will AA any type of offense batman will attempt. The only way an Aquaman is loosing that matchup is if they fuck up.
That's why REO lost to Tom Bradys aquaman.

webreg

Noob
This thread is classical example of this Injustice TYM bullshit that is going on. 1/3 idiots that got beaten by Batman and claim he is too overpowered and needs to be nerved, 1/3 idiots that downplay the character because they fear nerfs and 1/3 people that complain about the first 2/3. Fantastic discussion. Keep at it.

JaredL

This thread is classical example of this Injustice TYM bullshit that is going on. 1/3 idiots that got beaten by Batman and claim he is too overpowered and needs to be nerved, 1/3 idiots that downplay the character because they fear nerfs and 1/3 people that complain about the first 2/3. Fantastic discussion. Keep at it.
I dunno man, I think the people who complain about people discussing things are the worst.