What's new

Interactables CAN BE BLOCKED in MKX by using the 'Block Button'

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I am all in for this game. I am LOL'ing at people who are butt hurt that we are not getting a recycled MK9. I trust NRS, and I am really looking forward to see more.
Exactly.

Let's not act like MK9 didn't have its fair share of flaws. It was fun as hell and I loved it, but they're taking MK in a new direction and I love the potential this game has.

I'm just happy they kept it on a 2D plane. As long as it's not 3D, I'm happy.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
LtLuthor said:
Turning them off would be the final nail in the coffin for Lex and Joker, who benefit greatly from BGB because of mine/teeth setups.
Oh, well. Shows you how badly they were designed. A character shouldn't rely on stage gimmicks to win.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I think Blocking character projectiles is good and needed and sensible. But being able to block say a log or a boulder being thrown at you is just retarded. You shouldn't be able to block environmental objects of large magnitudes like tree logs, boulders, barrels, temple gongs ect. You should be able to jump over them, dash out of the way or even shoot a projectile to stop them if your timing is good but not press the block button when a boulder is thrown at you and it just basically crumples off of your wrists lol. If NRS is making the next MK as realistic looking as possible by the way we can all see, they should also keep a realistic approach to what can injure a character in a semi realistic type setting they way they are seeming to make the game look and feel.

I think Blocking character projectiles is good and needed and sensible. But being able to block say a log or a boulder being thrown at you is just retarded. You shouldn't be able to block environmental objects of large magnitudes like tree logs, boulders, barrels, temple gongs ect. You should be able to jump over them, dash out of the way or even shoot a projectile to stop them if your timing is good but not press the block button when a boulder is thrown at you and it just basically crumples off of your wrists lol. If NRS is making the next MK as realistic looking as possible by the way we can all see, they should also keep a realistic approach to what can injure a character in a semi realistic type setting they way they are seeming to make the game look and feel.
X-rays

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I remember seeing a match a long time ago with Tylerlanter's Reptile playing against some Cryrax player who kept pressuring him by constantly jumping over and over from front to back with a jump 2 punch. Tyler couldn't do anything for like the first 30-45 seconds against the jump 2 pressure hits the guy was doing to him. Then some how the Cyrax player opened up tyler after tyler seemed to be getting frustrating just blocking the whole time and tyler's Reptile misjudge the move and was knocked down in the corner. But because of the block button tyler was able to recover and actually beat the guy because the block button was there lol. If that would have been Injustice (with that no block button stupid b2b system) tyler would have been crossed up and destroyed in under 45 seconds by the frame trapping b2b system. I'll never forget that match.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Exactly.

Let's not act like MK9 didn't have its fair share of flaws. It was fun as hell and I loved it, but they're taking MK in a new direction and I love the potential this game has.

I'm just happy they kept it on a 2D plane. As long as it's not 3D, I'm happy.
Is it true 2d with 2d hitboxes? Or "MK9 2d"???

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
This is awesome news! My hype was killed when I seen that ogre throw that corpse from the sea, but now my hype has returned. Interactables shouldn't be a problem if they can be blocked, but the ridiculous combos that involve them will be probably be in. Hopefully, NRS doesn't make them OP if so.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Being able to block the interactables gives me somewhat of a relief. Also this 3 different versions of a char definitely leads me to believe that stryker will not make it back. I mean seriously what can they possibly give the cop for 3 different iterations? unless you have stryker similar to Chris in MvC3, Stryker 2.0 similar to mk9, and maybe stryker a grappler :p

anyway, i'll keep an open mind until I see what the full game is about.

current interest
- 3 different version of a char (oh the matchup makers got their work cut out for them:D)
- Tons of new characters. Wonder what the ratio would be. Boon made it seem as if 50% of the roster is packed with new chars)

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Does the block button only block interactables or everything? Do i still need to hold back to block with the addition of an interactable blocking button or what?

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
What kind of retardedness is this talk about blocking interactables. How are you going to block a tree being thrown on top of you? You can maybe armor through it, dash out of the way, jump out of the way or special move yourself into the bark, but a normal standing block will stop a tree or statue from causing you damage or not knock you down! omg, That would be the most retarded animation in the game if that's what going to happen.

Neuvost

Noob
I'm not against being able to block interactables....but I am curious on how effective they'll actually be when you can do that.
I'm hoping they're not super effective at a competitive level. Interactables could be like X-rays from MK9: fun for the casuals, but competitive players will usually have a better option.

I will never understand the urge to call Mortal Kombat realistic. It's one of the least realistic games ever. "Realism" should not determine gameplay in a game about wizard-cyborg-demon-ninja-strippers. What's best for gameplay should determine how gameplay works, not your pick-and-choose version of what's "realistic."

Last edited: