What's new

General/Other Input Bug?????

Shawi

Noob
So I was trying some bounce cancel combos for jokes, and I noticed an issue with negative edge (release check).

When I try ji2 12 BC with negative edge off, I sometimes get ji2 1 BoZ!!! So I thought wtf!

Changing to negative edge on, I try ji2 12 BC and every time I get ji2 1 BoZ, Which makes sense.

Why am I getting ji2 1 BoZ when negative edge is off. Two video links show it below. Inputs are the same every time when negative edge is off but sometimes I get the bounce cancel and sometimes I get BoZ!!!

I posted this day 1, yeah its impossible to play shazam with that release check on as some cancels are impossible to do. It comes to no surprise that its still in there lol I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended

Shawi

Noob
Dude I get bounce cancels all the fucking time in this game ;~:
LOL! The bug is when I DONT get the bounce cancel. With negative edge (NE) on, you expect the game to take the 2 before the db rather than the mb after it, therefore giving BoZ. This is SUPPOSED to happen with NE on.

With NE off, I am TRYING to do a bounce cancel, but instead, the game gives me BoZ - this should NOT happen = Input Bug v.2.0

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
LOL! The bug is when I DONT get the bounce cancel. With negative edge (NE) on, you expect the game to take the 2 before the db rather than the mb after it, therefore giving BoZ. This is SUPPOSED to happen with NE on.

With NE off, I am TRYING to do a bounce cancel, but instead, the game gives me BoZ - this should NOT happen = Input Bug v.2.0
I'm like the complete opposite. I always some how throw out bounce cancels. Even though the input is supposed to be bb/ff it works with db/df. Supaaa annoying

Shawi

Noob
I'm like the complete opposite. I always some how throw out bounce cancels. Even though the input is supposed to be bb/ff it works with db/df. Supaaa annoying
Hahaha, yeah that is something completely different. I am purposely using db for the bounce cancel because it is easier.

Shawi

Noob
Not a bug, you are hitting db too soon. I get the BC 100/100 times.
I don't get it. I am putting in the inputs in the correct order, if it is too soon then I should be getting 12. In actual fact, try the df bounce cancel and input it as soon as you want. You will always get the bounce cancel, no matter how fast/soon you input it.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

You are actually inputing DB and not BB, according to your input display, and also doing it very fast. It makes life easier, but its probably counter productive in the long run (especially with NRS track record for dodgy things happening alot)

Clean inputs = clean output.

AssassiN

Noob

You are actually inputing DB and not BB, according to your input display, and also doing it very fast. It makes life easier, but its probably counter productive in the long run (especially with NRS track record for dodgy things happening alot)

Clean inputs = clean output.

DB works as well, was posted by one of the programmers as soon as the game came out.
Also works in MK9 when it comes to tag assists.

With this DB-shortcut, Cyborg can cancel his trait into a MB B3.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
DB works as well, was posted by one of the programmers as soon as the game came out.
Also works in MK9 when it comes to tag assists.

With this DB-shortcut, Cyborg can cancel his trait into a MB B3.

It most likely only works because the DF input overlaps as a forward though. Same reason you can do DF,D,DF in street fighter to get shoryukens.

So db, b is the same as bb when inputting specials/attacks. Its still a bug though, i wasnt gonna deny that the bug was happening as he clearly shouldnt be getting BOZ, but probably could help iron it out by using bb/ff instead.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Instead of hitting your dedicated MB button try hitting 123 at the same time after hitting 12. Its easier if you piano the 123 during the 12 input.

AssassiN

Noob
It most likely only works because the DF input overlaps as a forward though. Same reason you can do DF,D,DF in street fighter to get shoryukens.

So db, b is the same as bb when inputting specials/attacks. Its still a bug though, i wasnt gonna deny that the bug was happening as he clearly shouldnt be getting BOZ, but probably could help iron it out by using bb/ff instead.

No... DB is not the same as BB, they just have 2 ways of canceling strings into MB B3 and MB F3.