What's new

Injustice Tournament Stage Rules

Could this be a viable option to fix stage selection?

• Total voters

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Tehre was a lot of discussion on the recent podcast with Tom Brady, AK Pig Of The Hut, general m2dave, and @reo about stage selection rules (I only listened to the about the halfway point so maybe this was discussed). However, basically the problem is that there is no random stage that the players cannot see due to it showing in the backround. I may have a solution for this. Both players pick their characters, and then player 2 comes into stage selection, and the players use this stage in the match. You cannot see this until after characters have been selected, making it truely random. Thoughts? Tonight I will test if the player two stage is actually random although it seems to be.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
The only problem I see is that it is entirely dependant on one of the players. Problems will always arise when it comes to that.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The only problem I see is that it is entirely dependant on one of the players. Problems will always arise when it comes to that.
I mean what... is a player going to refuse to follow the rules of the tournament? As long as everyone understands the rules it could be fine. That would be the hardest part.

chores

bad at things
To expand on this, if you used the player 2 level select which is random AFAICT then each individual stage would have a 3.3% chance of being selected, except for Atlantis and Ferris which each (this is more of a gut feeling from playing a ton of matches using p2 select /not scientific) have a 6.6% chance of being selected. Also if you consider the two Arkhams and the two Wayne Manors to be essentially the same level then each of those two stages also have a 6.6% chance of selection.

I am not 100% certain on the 6.6% for atlantis / ferris. It'd be nice to have a developer [ @colt ] confirm that A) p2 level select starts on a truly random level and B) whether or not atlantis / ferris have a 6.6% chance or 3.3%. If someone wanted to test this I would do at least 500 random player 2 selects. The difference should be apparent.

chores

bad at things
its kinda goofy though that there isnt a 'random stage' button. is this like the first fighting game ever that doesnt have one? who was complaining about that feature lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Where did my post go :/ ?

This has been said twenty times, and yes it is effective.

Maybe we should make a thread about it in all caps and force people to read it when they come to TYM. Even then I highly doubt people listen.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Where did my post go :/ ?

This has been said twenty times, and yes it is effective.

Maybe we should make a thread about it in all caps and force people to read it when they come to TYM. Even then I highly doubt people listen.
I have read about it before, but it seemed to have been buried. So I figured I would make a thread. But even now not many people are interested. It is weird.

chores

bad at things
I have read about it before, but it seemed to have been buried. So I figured I would make a thread. But even now not many people are interested. It is weird.
they need to just patch in a button for random select. its baffling.

the only problem i have with this is in a tournament where there are several hundred games being played it is inevitable that people will mess it up. and all it takes is player 1 hitting "A" and then you have to wait through the 50/50 then the loading bar and then go back to player select which would cause the level to be different unless both players or a third party remembered the original level. what im saying is its abuseable and it adds time to the tournament. someone could see the level and do this on "accident" etc

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
they need to just patch in a button for random select. its baffling.

the only problem i have with this is in a tournament where there are several hundred games being played it is inevitable that people will mess it up. and all it takes is player 1 hitting "A" and then you have to wait through the 50/50 then the loading bar and then go back to player select which would cause the level to be different unless both players or a third party remembered the original level. what im saying is its abuseable and it adds time to the tournament. someone could see the level and do this on "accident" etc
I see what you are saying. The question is it worth it to use this, or do we just deal with the other bs?