What's new

Injustice @ PAX East Day 2 Recap - Preview of S.T.A.R. Labs

Le Froglet

GT: TheFrog 87
I've never heard someone say "that's awesome" so much in such a short space of time, then again people never say "awesome" in the UK.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
1 out of 10 modes doesn't appeal to you and that somehow ruins your hype or how excited you are? lol I think S.T.A.R. Labs is fine. We have PLENTY of training/practice options as it is, as well as a solid game with a great roster and tons of depth in the gameplay. The best story a fighter has to offer. One mode that is meant to help draw in a different audience is cool with me. I think it looks like fun, a different kind of fun. Loved Catwomans alt. Exactly what I was hoping for.

BrokenAngels00

Longtime Lurker
1 out of 10 modes doesn't appeal to you and that somehow ruins your hype or how excited you are?
I think the main reason people are upset is because the time and money spent on making these could be used to add more characters, would increase gameplay just as much as these things.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I think the STAR Labs look incredibly fun. Sure they may seem like a waste to the tournament crowd but for fans of comics or fans of the characters they add a totally different way you can play with your favorite character.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Who the fuck cares if the minigames look shit? You're still getting possibly the best fighting game in years which is going to be extremely fun and awesome.

Minigames are just extra, there's no way you're not liking 1 out of 240 or so

Too many resources wasted on these mini games. If they'd allocated more resources elsewhere we could have had a much larger roster and probably more stages.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Too many resources wasted on these mini games. If they'd allocated more resources elsewhere we could have had a much larger roster and probably more stages.
It was probably a different team that worked on the mini games so it's not like the main part of the game was neglected.

It can be frustrating to see 'fluff' in a fighting game but at the same time, appealing to a wider audience will only grow the fan base long term, which can only be a good thing.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
But then we wouldn't have a challenge tower mode, and I'd complain about that. I honestly do like the mission mode. My only problem is that they sucked at the missions and made them look terrible. I look forward to playing the mission mode.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I must admit I busted out laughing so hard when Aquaman was calling the shark and then it all of a sudden attacks him. NRS you so crazy.
I was slightly disappointed that the shark didn't decapitate aquaman. Too much MK I guess lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
Gotta disagree. While it was frustrating that the demo guys couldn't complete even a single minigame, the games themselves looked like garbage. I can't help but wonder how much time and how many resources were wasted on this fluff, while almost every player can think of a character they would have liked to be included in the roster. In the time it took them to create 240 time-wasters, they could have released at least another 4 characters. Such a let-down.
I think creating another 4 characters would take longer, chap.