What's new

Injustice - Filipino Champ calls out the MK community, "if we played MK none of you would ever win"

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
Anyway, it's fun seeing how defensive this community gets towards other people wanting to play their game. The guy is trying to start some friendly (his shit talk is fake) competition then everyone explodes saying that a Capcom game player would never win in Injustice (which is a game designed to be more like a Capcom game might I add). Let's face it. Everyone will be on equal footing and the game is different enough from MK9 so that the Mk pros won't have much of an advantage.

Didn't Justin Wong like.... not win much in MK?
He really didn't take the game seriously though.
That's a nice excuse.
Justin Wong: Longest competitive series of fighters for me would be the Marvel series. It is what I grew up on in the arcades and on Playstation 1. Its pretty much what got me sucked into the FGC. I use to play MK and I stopped for a couple of reasons.
1. I wanted to focus more of my attention on the Capcom games
2. The area I am from is mainly focused on AE2012/UMVC3 players.
3. The online is terrible.
@Juggs To each his own, or however the saying goes.​

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anyway, it's fun seeing how defensive this community gets towards other people wanting to play their game. The guy is trying to start some friendly (his shit talk is fake) competition then everyone explodes saying that a Capcom game player would never win in Injustice (which is a game designed to be more like a Capcom game might I add). Let's face it. Everyone will be on equal footing and the game is different enough from MK9 so that the Mk pros won't have much of an advantage.
Like seriously, what is it with this line of reasoning? How is it that we're the only ones that can't want "friendly competition"? His shit talk was obviously fake and our shit talk is obviously real and personal. I mean, GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIT.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Like seriously, what is it with this line of reasoning? How is it that we're the only ones that can't want "friendly competition"? His shit talk was obviously fake and our shit talk is obviously real and personal. I mean, GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIT.
Rampant fanboyism yo

On both sides

Vagrant

Noob
Does everyone see what happens when we let anyone sign up for this site? I hope your happy..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Look let's stop trying to put J Wong and Chris G on blast here. FC Champ is the one making all the statements. J Wong and Chris G are fantastic fighting game players and cool dudes. They haven't been calling us out, FC Champ is so focus on him.
Collateral damage, lol. They're just really the only examples I can use, aside from Arturo. But Art is my homeboy, can't do him like that, lol. And it's funny too, because I would say Jwong and Chris G are the exceptions to being good at MK9, since they're gdlk at every game they play.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
This motha fucka right here.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I take everything Filipino Champ says with a grain of salt (pun intended?) and you all should too. He calls out every game that I coincidentally like (Persona, Anime fighters, Mortal Kombat, etc) and will just call it ass and then continue to believe that if he played <insert any fucking fighter here> then he would be one of the best automatically. But he won't play it because he doesn't want to "advertise" a game he thinks is bad. Didn't Justin Wong and Valle try to be good at MK and fail? Or were they just too focused on other games? I doubt Filipino Champ has any mental complexity for anything that doesn't have UMVC3-esque projectiles/camping/zoning/whatever and Lame dhalsim playing to pick up any other game so he decides to just call every other game ass and talk about communities that he knows nothing about. He sounds stupid.

This alone makes me want to practice this game a lot harder since I will be attending East coast Throwdown and CEO for Injustice as being one of the games i'll play. I will practice as much as possible for the possibility of keeping Filipino Champ out of the tournament first round or anyone else similar as him. And i'm sure there are others with the same idea as me, but better. lol

Thanks for the encouragement, F. Champ. I now want to play Injustice even more than before.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Hahaha! It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see the MK pros get bodied just to see the salt mines put into production. Then there could be like a revengence moment where they all come together and devise a strategy to win.

This alone makes me want to practice this game a lot harder since I will be attending East coast Throwdown and CEO for Injustice as being one of the games i'll play. I will practice as much as possible for the possibility of keeping Filipino Champ out of the tournament first round or anyone else similar as him. And i'm sure there's others like me, but better. lol

Thanks for the encouragement, F. Champ. I now want to play Injustice even more than before.
That's the point of him doing this. Just some competition to hype the game up. I doubt he was 100 percent serious in what he said. Just a little trash talking to light a fire underneath the MK9 community.

Death

Noob
Why not EVO 2013? Even if the game won't be there. Just stream it from a hotel room. All those Capcom players will drop the game by 2014 anyway, so let's not wait until then.
Well most likely need that year to close the gap in general fighting game skills

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
That's the point of him doing this. Just some competition to hype the game up. I doubt he was 100 percent serious in what he said. Just a little trash talking to light a fire underneath the MK9 community.
I like the idea too since competition is the reason why a fighter progresses and shows up main eventing more majors and tournaments. I don't see how the opinion of some prominent FGC member can kill the hype of a fighter or keep anyone from playing the game at tournaments. I play "the most hated fighters" yet I see myself having a blast playing them at tournaments. Isn't that the reason we are all buying this game?

Hence why the salt in this thread makes no sense.

JAP

Combo maker
Because everybody know their champion Perfect Legend, he doesn't win our games, he only wins Mortal Kombat, but when he crosses over to the other games, no chance. So I'm calling out all you guys out there, the reason why you guys play the other games, is because the skill level is lower, you can't play the harder games, so let's all play Injustice, let's all be competitive, and you know, I'll see you guys at the next tournament.

LOLROLFLMAO¡¡¡¡

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
TYM uses the "It's just for hype" excuse all the time, but when F Champ says it he is a dick?

Calm the fuck down and have fun with the game. If F Champ dominates every tourney you can still enjoy the damn game. He probably isnt and he KNOWS he probably isnt, but if he does then he will have put in a lot of effort to do so.

Also I feel like the old members are much more ignorant on this topic than the new members :rolleyes: