What's new

Injustice Comic #1 and 2 Review

Solo

Shadow Priest
There will be spoilers!!! This just a review for those who don't have, and is interested. I must say very good comic. Best .99 cents I've spent in my life.

Here is an online scan of Issue 1: EDIT NO SCANS PLEASE. ~ STORMS

Here is the Amazon link to buy them:
http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1358891439

So here is the review:

Issue #1

It starts out with Batman looking over Gotham City, but he notice how the city is quiet. He talks about how "The night is no longer broken by crime." He goes on to say, " In a way this what he always dreamed of, but this no dream. This is a perversion. This is a Nightmare. It is the silence of fear. The silence being broken by Marching feet." And it show this army marching. Robots maybe?

He goes on to say " Our world is now ruled by the Iron Fist -- of A Man of Steel " So maybe Superman took over the world? Idk? Then we go back 5 years into the pass. It starts with this fan service moment of Lois Lane. Then Superman hears trouble in Metropolis, and Lois Lane has a lead on some unknown source for her reporter duties. Her and Superman share a kiss and they leave. Plus, She's pregnant.

Superman gets to scene, but the goddamn Batman is already there taking care of the bad guys. Him and Batman goes to the Top of a building standing over Metropolis. Superman gets ready to tell him the news, but THE GODDAMN BATMAN ALREADY KNOWS! He says because of his body language. Then says I haven't see you this nervous since Doomsday.

Then we jump to Jimmy( a Reporter that works with Lois Lane) and Lois, they are in some warehouse spying on this suspicious guy. Jimmy is holding a camera up to face and the suspicious guy puts a gun to his to face. We jump back to Bats and Supes:

Superman want Bats to be the Godfather of his child. Then it's this epic scene of them standing over Metropolis. Back to Jimmy and Lois, Jimmy gets shot and we find out it's the Joker and Harley Quinn . Joker says " Ew.. I got some Jimmy on my shoe."

TBC

Issue #2

We start off seeing Superman at Metropolis docks. He finds Jimmy dead, Joker's card, and Lois is missing.

Back to Batman, he is at STAR labs and seems it has been broken into. He ask the scientist what was stolen. He say a small amount of equipment, but you guess why we called you instead of Superman. It was Kryptonite Batman said. Scientist say "We're not monster, we trying to see if Kryptonite could cure diseases and stuff. " Superman hears them talking and bust in. Superman tells Batman he can't see Lois and begs Batman to help him. So Batman contacts the entire Justice League.

We see Green Arrow, Cyborg, Wonder Woman, and Flash. Wonder Woman checks the Docks. Flash runs throw the entire Metropolis and find something.

Flash carries Batman there and it's another STAR lab. He finds the Scarecow hit with Joker Gas. Wonder Woman get the truth out some random guy at the docks. He claim he saw joker hijack a submarine and go under water. Again, Superman hears it bust into the waters. He picks the entire Submarine up and bust through it. The Joker is doing something to Lois, and gas is release. It seem like Superman was passing out, but he ends seeing Doomsday.

It does seem like they're already in their armor. I don't think they plan on telling us, maybe within the game. Everyone shown in the comic was already confirmed. I don't think we'll be seeing Darkseid by the way the story is going either. Ed Boon loves surprises, so we never know.

This is also out of character for The Joker. Joker normally doesn't mess with Superman unless he's paid to. So could Lex be the mastermind behind this?

Overall.. I will give this a 5/5. I still feel like the comic might be pointless because they might recap this in the game. Still, It was a very good read. I will review Issue #3 when it's release.

Thoughts? What would you a rate it on a scale of 1-5?

I hope you're right about the Joker, he's usually alone, and man, if NRS fuck up the source material. Get ready for a crazy backlash, stick to the roots man!

Reedoms

Noob
This is also out of character for The Joker. Joker normally doesn't mess with Superman unless he's paid to. So could Lex be the mastermind behind this?
I have a feeling Vandal Savage might be behind this. Lex typically doesn't endanger innocents in his escapades, especially Lois since she is the only person he actually respects.

Solo

Shadow Priest
I have a feeling Vandal Savage might be behind this. Lex typically doesn't endanger innocents in his escapades, especially Lois since she is the only person he actually respects.
Very true, but The Joker take things a bit too far. Causing him to act out of his own will sometimes. Regardless of the plan.

I hope you're right about the Joker, he's usually alone, and man, if NRS fuck up the source material. Get ready for a crazy backlash, stick to the roots man!
NRS will have to deal with the many DC Fans.