What's new

Injustice 2 Top 8 is set for CEO 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here for years, Juggs. And I'm sorry if I would rather see a guy like Biohazard who constantly plays out of his mind and adapts with his characters in the moment then some chair throwing manchild who plays the exact same Darkseid game plan we see from any top player.

Yes, money is on the line and I can respect the attitude of "they're going to play strong, top tier characters to hedge their bets." But can you honestly tell me watching Darkseid, Black Adam or Aquaman, or any Atrocitus other than Tekken's, is half as hype as Biohazard with Bane or Harley, Whiteboi with Scarecrow or anyone playing a character that isn't an assumed top 5 entry because of their incredible tool set?

I mean, FFS guys. I wrote as a spectator, saying I would rather see Biohazard or something other than top tiers, and commented on a silly, borderline dangerous "pop off" and you guys are acting like I insulted Madzin's mother and heritage.
You're throwing darkseid into the top tier mix as if he's common lmao. I swear people will cry about any character sonic fox uses.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've been here for years, Juggs. And I'm sorry if I would rather see a guy like Biohazard who constantly plays out of his mind and adapts with his characters in the moment then some chair throwing manchild who plays the exact same Darkseid game plan we see from any top player.

Yes, money is on the line and I can respect the attitude of "they're going to play strong, top tier characters to hedge their bets." But can you honestly tell me watching Darkseid, Black Adam or Aquaman, or any Atrocitus other than Tekken's, is half as hype as Biohazard with Bane or Harley, Whiteboi with Scarecrow or anyone playing a character that isn't an assumed top 5 entry because of their incredible tool set?

I mean, FFS guys. I wrote as a spectator, saying I would rather see Biohazard or something other than top tiers, and commented on a silly, borderline dangerous "pop off" and you guys are acting like I insulted Madzin's mother and heritage.
I know you have, but that post looked straight out of GameFaqs. And being negative for virtually no reason is toxic.

Madzin came from a different continent and beat one of the best players in our scene to make top 8. His pop off was perfectly reasonable. No one was hurt, and he was probably talked to afterwards and told never to throw anything again as it could be dangerous. But I'm sure he didn't plan to do that, it was a heat of the moment thing with adrenaline and redbull flowing through his veins.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela

Dude....where are all of these amazing, same old same old, easy win button darkseids you're talking about? I basically watched the whole tournament and only saw sonic fox (who's darkseid is absolutely a thing of beauty and tricky as fuck...) and Madzin for a few games play him. I don't get it.

Darkseid has some of the coolest and most unique setups and conversions in the game.

I saw more Harley, GL, scarecrow and bane than I did darkseid.

I'm not saying everything you said was nonsense, though I do think you're being pretty damn precious about the Madzin pop off, but tweedy's post perfectly summed up the crux of your post. You are fitting the mold of someone who falls into the "man this isn't hype.....everyone plays the same 3 characters....I mean 5.... I mean 7.....no wait ten!" crap.

Madzin is clearly intense and very competitive and is the opposite of some other "just for fun and the community experience" players and there's nothing wrong with it. Even if I wouldn't act like that, especially the part where he was shushing and kind of punking the crowd in an earlier set, you gotta remember the guy is constantly playing to a "hostile" crowd and like other international players feels extra pressure to prove something in such an NA dominated scene.

I thought it was hype and made the day more memorable.

What about mani, pig, and others famous pop offs? It makes things fun, it's not all that serious.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I know you have, but that post looked straight out of GameFaqs. And being negative for virtually no reason is toxic.

Madzin came from a different continent and beat one of the best players in our scene to make top 8. His pop off was perfectly reasonable. No one was hurt, and he was probably talked to afterwards and told never to throw anything again as it could be dangerous. But I'm sure he didn't plan to do that, it was a heat of the moment thing with adrenaline and redbull flowing through his veins.
I guess we just have to agree to disagree. As a spectator, the back story is icing on the cake and the cake is their performance. I get what Madzin goes through to come here, but between the two, I'd support Biohazard hands down because I feel he is a more entertaining, interesting and gutsy player.

And sure, I get that Madzin's pop off probably wasn't planned. But I've never been one to give a pass for something idiotically childish and dangerous because it didn't hurt anybody. People not controlling themselves in the heat of the moment has lead to plenty of accidents and tragedies. We don't know or could see if he was disciplined or remanded for that after the match. We can only speak to what we saw.

Clearly I'm in the minority here and I'll leave this thread alone so you guys can get hyped in peace. But I'm sorry. I've heard all these fantastic things about Madzin. And then the one match everyone is raving about, I didn't personally see anything that made me stop and say, "wow, that was so impressive. I'd never see that kind of decision making and talent at my offline scene or online." I did see that tournament level play from Biohazard, and yet he lost and the winner Donkey Kong'ed a chair up on stage. I just don't get it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I would rather not. I saw that match between Madzin and Biohazard and was like, "Oh Madzin? He was some big, beloved name in MKX. People must be excited to see him." And then all we saw was the same, uninspired Darkseid and Atrocitus gameplay while Biohazard played out of his mind. He then scrapes by with a win and throws a chair like a kid having a tantrum. I hope he loses first match in top 8. He is not the kind of champion we deserve.
Plz go find an oak tree, uproot it, bury yourself underneath it and reroot it k? Thx plz bai

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I guess we just have to agree to disagree. As a spectator, the back story is icing on the cake and the cake is their performance. I get what Madzin goes through to come here, but between the two, I'd support Biohazard hands down because I feel he is a more entertaining, interesting and gutsy player.

And sure, I get that Madzin's pop off probably wasn't planned. But I've never been one to give a pass for something idiotically childish and dangerous because it didn't hurt anybody. People not controlling themselves in the heat of the moment has lead to plenty of accidents and tragedies. We don't know or could see if he was disciplined or remanded for that after the match. We can only speak to what we saw.

Clearly I'm in the minority here and I'll leave this thread alone so you guys can get hyped in peace. But I'm sorry. I've heard all these fantastic things about Madzin. And then the one match everyone is raving about, I didn't personally see anything that made me stop and say, "wow, that was so impressive. I'd never see that kind of decision making and talent at my offline scene or online." I did see that tournament level play from Biohazard, and yet he lost and the winner Donkey Kong'ed a chair up on stage. I just don't get it.
Jesus fucking Christ stfu

If bio would have won that last hit he honestly might have done the same

Cashual

He knocked a elementary school style chair of plastic about five feet, I really think you're being overly dramatic. Was it over the top and fairly childish? Yes I think so, but playing it up to be some violent act with the potential to really hurt someone is pretty hyperbolic.

Tweedy

Noob
Madzin never got a top 8 at a big NA major like this on MKX, despite going to quite a few. He had two or three 9ths and 13ths. He missed his flight for Combo Breaker, comes into this 20k pot bonus major and gets into top 8 in a last hit last round scenario.

Pop off was not over the top at all lol.

Cashual

Are we really downplaying Harley now?
I don't really know the MU at all, so I'm unfamiliar with options to counter, but she looks pretty damn good to me!

Some of her pressure and sort of unorthodox zoning options in concert with more standard zoning, useful trait that seems available constantly, some good mobility and what appear to be tricky strings/tantrum cancels, and some respectable damage add up to be a strong character on paper, and we've seen how good she is the last two days.

Again I don't know a lot about her but it appears pretty self evident that she can compete and gives even certain top tier characters a hard time. So I agree with tweedy, we need to drop the narrative that she's some low tier hero constantly outgunned (no pun).

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She's really good and I think people should start doing stuff like MB rolling cupcakes and punishing tantrum stance more BUT it's not like when people start doing that she will be optionless, it's just another layer to playing against her.
She's a strong character and I don't think anyone could say otherwise... Her and Catwoman.
I think some people downplay them and others up play them but both are top 10 material for sure so I don't see the real issue...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah Harley is lit, she has huge meterless damage in a game where a lot of characters don't really have that, decent mixups, good spacing, great mid screen zoning.

I too wanted Biohazard to win, I felt really bad for him just barely losing yesterday, barely missing top 8 EVO last year, and just barely missing out on the money in ESL season 2, I'd like to see him win a tournament. But Madzin is great and anyone who isn't a robot would turn into s chair throwing madman with that much excitement.

I admit I was bummed when Bio lost, but I still busted up when Madzin smacked that chair. No reason we as spectators can't be good sports even when the guy we are rooting for loses *shrug*. The popoffs and emotional play is something that makes the game fun to watch, which felt like it was missing during MKX.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it

It DEFINITELY wasn't so calm tf down

Status
Not open for further replies.