What's new

Infinity War Discussion.

trufenix

bye felicia
if there's a line about half the asgardians surviving, I missed it, then again the theatre was full of fuckin degenerates also I had to piss at one point
Nope. Just a not-so final sounding distress beacon and a bunch of missing Ragnarok characters in the opening shot and a comment from somebody who spoke to the writer at a talk at a school.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Nope. Just a not-so final sounding distress beacon and a bunch of missing Ragnarok characters in the opening shot and a comment from somebody who spoke to the writer at a talk at a school.
That distress beacon was made before everyone was killed so I don't think that means a whole lot, and just because they weren't shown doesn't mean shit in fact thats the entire complaint that as it stands they were all just killed offscreen. And randoms on the internet are not strong sources.

God Confirm

So it was confirmed from the Director on Twitter, that Valkyrie is still alive, and half of the Asgardians are still alive too. They were able to escape in a pod.

He did not confirmed yet if Korg is still alive :(
That's good shit. Director for which film? And why didn't they include a few seconds of footage to show this in the film

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
if there's a line about half the asgardians surviving, I missed it, then again the theatre was full of fuckin degenerates also I had to piss at one point

Nice, do you feel smarter than everybody else now that you were able to get that off your chest?
Not smarter, per se. But there is a certain pleasure in pointing out how inferior you are at paying attention to superhero films than I am. I'm sure you'd probably beat me at a drinking game, so it's all good.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
The amount of genocide Thanos wages is unfortunately inconsistent across the plot. If you missed the one line about asgardian's surviving, you would assume he just decimated them like he did Nowhere and the Forge.
On a related note - whatever happened to MorbidAltruism? Been forever since that guy posted here.

God Confirm

Not smarter, per se. But there is a certain pleasure in pointing out how inferior you are at paying attention to superhero films than I am. I'm sure you'd probably beat me at a drinking game, so it's all good.
I can't drink like I used to you'd probably expose your superiority there too

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Ok so I just watched the movie so I can finally chip in my thoughts. Also haven't read the rest of the thread because I kinda just want to give my 2c without any sort of, interference I guess.

Not my favourite. Maybe it's because I just came out and the ending was kinda... weird... and seemed rushed with the amount of characters who died. It's basically just a giant retcon for MCU I'm guessing since all the characters who died were mostly sort of one-offs like Panther, Bucky, Sam etc. Even though they all have pretty good places in the comics and were generally well received by the MCU community

Thor's the best character in the movie free imo. Great lines, great scenes
Banner gets a close second for me just for comedic purposes mostly.
Captain America looks cool (beard) but his shield(s) are kinda weird for me, was hoping he'd get some cool new one but still retain some of the old things (Like being a shield)
Iron man was pretty cool when you take into account his whole PTSD thing.

Everyone else kinda just whatever to me.

Starlord is my least favourite character in the MCU by far.

gg otherwise

Cursa

Oh and I hope Red Skull makes a comeback and liked how Captain Marvel was mentioned at the end and hope it eventually leads into Civil War 2

Cursa

I like you Cursa but Star-Lord is awesome
"Hey man we literally have the chance to beat Thanos which is basically what I want to do since it would be way easier to kill him but instead I'm gonna try and get my girl back (Fair enough I guess) and then taunt him and try to... punch the dude who literally has the power of 4 infinity stones (Not fair enough)"

Starlord is cool in the Guardians movies but boy did that scene tilt me a lil.

Also the whole "Looking into the future and getting outcomes" thing seems to be a real big plot device so that everything works out for the heroes in the next movie. It took away suspense for me, not sure how much since I'm still working over everything in my head, but it took it away. Especially since it says "Hey most of those characters who died may or may not have actually died" Which took away the point of killing them in the first place imo.

At least that's my opinion, looking at the movie for what it is at the moment. In the next movie I'm sure more will be outlined and everything I just said is pointless but for now, yeah.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
"Hey man we literally have the chance to beat Thanos which is basically what I want to do since it would be way easier to kill him but instead I'm gonna try and get my girl back (Fair enough I guess) and then taunt him and try to... punch the dude who literally has the power of 4 infinity stones (Not fair enough)"

Starlord is cool in the Guardians movies but boy did that scene tilt me a lil.

Also the whole "Looking into the future and getting outcomes" thing seems to be a real big plot device so that everything works out for the heroes in the next movie. It took away suspense for me, not sure how much since I'm still working over everything in my head, but it took it away. Especially since it says "Hey most of those characters who died may or may not have actually died" Which took away the point of killing them in the first place imo.

At least that's my opinion, looking at the movie for what it is at the moment. In the next movie I'm sure more will be outlined and everything I just said is pointless but for now, yeah.
The thing about Star-Lord flipping out is that Strange knew it was going to happen and how it would end, so I’m not too bothered, but yeah it was dumb

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’m wondering why Thanos even fought anyone at any point in the movie when he can use the reality stone to turn them into blocks or some shit, he shouldn’t have even been touched by any character

Cursa

I’m wondering why Thanos even fought anyone at any point in the movie when he can use the reality stone to turn them into blocks or some shit, he shouldn’t have even been touched by any character
It's part of his complex imo.

The fact that Strange knew what was going to happen makes the Time Stone/Strange waaayyy too much of a convenient plot device imo.

Don't get me wrong I think the movie was fucking fantastic but I don't think it was a perfect movie like a good amount of people think it is.

Wigy

There it is...
I would also agree I found starlord less likable in this film @Cursa

Thanos I thought was very well developed though. Really surprised me.

Thor has just been getting better and better from his kinda boring beginnings and now is one of the faves.

Hoping they kill black widow and hulk goes ape.

Cursa

Daily reminder that Thor was the best character in the whole movie.

Only thing I kinda wished is that his eye was still gone. Or if they eventually end up using the time stone (If that's what they use) then a side effect of it is he gets his eye back.

Man people who aren't in infinity war and have died in other movies being brought back too? Like other villains? That'd be pretty sick imo.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
The first time I saw the movie was in 3D at the movie theater and I fell asleep during the most important parts (battle on titan, gamoras sacrifice, most of wakanda), but I saw the ending and still liked the film but wasn’t blown away by it. Then I downloaded it, got to see all parts I missed on a shitty bootleg copy and fell in love with it. It’s not perfect but it’s a damn good film, and even though everybody assumes some characters will be back, there is no guarantee. I dont care if they have a sequel planned in the near future. I was sure iron man, cap and maybe even Thor were gonna be killed in IW, and pretty much everyone died except them.
So the survivors are the original avengers (Thor, IM, cap, hulk, BW, and possibly Hawkeye), rocket raccoon, war machine, nebula, and michonne, right? Did I miss anybody?

Cursa

The first time I saw the movie was in 3D at the movie theater and I fell asleep during the most important parts (battle on titan, gamoras sacrifice, most of wakanda), but I saw the ending and still liked the film but wasn’t blown away by it. Then I downloaded it, got to see all parts I missed on a shitty bootleg copy and fell in love with it. It’s not perfect but it’s a damn good film, and even though everybody assumes some characters will be back, there is no guarantee. I dont care if they have a sequel planned in the near future. I was sure iron man, cap and maybe even Thor were gonna be killed in IW, and pretty much everyone died except them.
So the survivors are the original avengers (Thor, IM, cap, hulk, BW, and possibly Hawkeye), rocket raccoon, war machine, nebula, and michonne, right? Did I miss anybody?
Basically.

There's no guarantee that they'll come back but I feel like that more will come back than stay dead. Hope I'm wrong though. Just a little weird that they made movies for Spiderman and Black Panther just to kill them in IW even though their movies were basically just done to set up for IW (particularly Black Panther's)

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Yeah I do expect SM, BP, and the Guardians to come back at the very least. I agree with whoever said Gamora should stay dead. It would really cheapen her sacrifice and possibly the whole IW film if she were to come back IMO

Cursa

Well Spiderman is supposed to have another movie next year and Guardians are supposed to have one in 2020.

From what I've heard. I feel like it'd be hard to make a Guardians movie with 1 guardian.