What's new

Infinity War Discussion.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
One thing that really bugs me is in GoTG 1 in the jail lineup monologue, they say Gamora is “The last of her kind”. Then Thanos tells Gamora her planet has been thriving since his genocide there. Thanos seems to be forthright and not lying during the whole movie. I am starting to find more and more continuity errors during the second viewing.

I didn't give a shit about the movie, went to see it because my Friends wanted to. I only wanted 2 things of this movie: a beat down to Ironman, and a beatdown to Thor. Failed to do both. Thor even has his last moment of "my penis is bigger" in a non-sense final clash with Thanos. Fuck off with your bullshit. Thanos should have suplexed the shit out of Thor and walk out like a boss.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Right, I'm going by your theory saying the people who disappeared are actually the ones who are alive.
Right im just saying she could have ended up dissolving to thus being alive. Idk i just don't think they'd kill all those people to just to bring them back next movie. Itd feel like a copout

The Farmer

Dr Strange is an important film because Mordo explains that alternate realities are created from using the time stone. The bill comes due as he says. Its been used 3 occasions now. When strange first tests it on an apple, Dormammu, and Thanos himself at the end of the movie.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Parker? Or Quill. I was furious at Quill. Like hold it together for one second. But then I realized that Strange allowed him to freak out........ But yeah I teared up when Spidey died.
My impression is that it wouldn’t have worked, that it would have been another failed attempt like all the others, and that Thanos was still too powerful for it to succeed. Mantis even said that she had trouble holding him because he was so strong.

If you look at the movie, everything that was supposed to work failed; and I think the message was that it was inevitable Thanos would get the stones.. The important thing is what happens after (and that’s what Strange saw in his time travel).

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I didn't give a shit about the movie, went to see it because my Friends wanted to. I only wanted 2 things of this movie: a beat down to Ironman, and a beatdown to Thor. Failed to do both. Thor even has his last moment of "my penis is bigger" in a non-sense final clash with Thanos. Fuck off with your bullshit. Thanos should have suplexed the shit out of Thor and walk out like a boss.
Iron Man very nearly died

every single asgardian was murdered making the last movie a complete waste of time, including thors brother, and then he still got the shit kicked out of him by thanos at the start

Right im just saying she could have ended up dissolving to thus being alive. Idk i just don't think they'd kill all those people to just to bring them back next movie. Itd feel like a copout
You must not be familiar with this universe. Everything is a cop out and they do not do well with lasting consequences.

Dr Strange is an important film because Mordo explains that alternate realities are created from using the time stone. The bill comes due as he says. Its been used 3 occasions now. When strange first tests it on an apple, Dormammu, and Thanos himself at the end of the movie.
He also uses it on Thor's beer in the post cutscene doesn't he? And Thanos definitely uses it on vision.

Last edited:

The Farmer

Looking forward to Ant Man and the Wasp. I feel it’s going to has as big of implications to A4 as Captain Marvel.

The Farmer

Tony shived with his own weapon, nearly died, only be alive to see everyone around him perish. I’m sure he feels on top of the world. Thor watched his brother get murdered along with half his race. Yea, everything is coming up roses for Thor...... K guy.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
So i dont think the people who disappeared are dead. I think theyre actually the ones who are alive. Its kind of a crazy theory but i think thats whats going on
Completely agree. Some of the ones that are alive are precisely portrayed by actors who don't want to continue. The tables will be turned somehow.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I thought Chris Hemsworth wanted to be Thor still?

What I loved but also found weird about Infinity War is that it really is a Thanos movie. Thanos is the main character and he’s the only character that gets any development. The Avengers and Guardians characters are already established, so this was really about Thanos and the fight and nothing else.

I love this movie and I think it’ll become even better once Avengers 4 rolls around so we can see the conclusion. I see Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor as having completed arcs and as being fully developed as characters without any more solo movies coming out. I could see A4 as concluding these characters in one way or another. Likely with killing Iron Man and Captain America, having Bucky take over as Cap, and if it’s true that Chris Hemsworth wants to stay and if they are done with solo Thor movies, they could send Thor somewhere off into the cosmos or whatever and just bring Chris Hemsworth back for appearances here and there so he doesn’t need to be bound to a multi movie contract. If that is what he was wanting, I dont know.

Maybe in A4 it would be cool to see Shuri or Okoye fill in as Black Panther while T’Challa is “dead”, hopefully Hulk stops being a pussy, and however they bring back some of the dead characters, they can do it in a way that doesn’t feel cheap and shitty.

What was the deal with Hulk anyways? Was he just shamed because of getting beat up by Thanos earlier?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I believe all the Asgardians are dead now right? Maybe Valkyrie and Hela are somewhere out there, and maybe Loki pulled another fast one, but everyone else is dead.

Also, Hulk is definitely feeling ashamed/inadequate right now. I assume A4 will have Thanos hurt/kill Black Widow and Hulk will go absolutely berserk.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
That's what was so good about it.

When the credits started rolling I kept thinking it's gonna stop and start rolling back and cut to Strange reversing time to turn out he's given Thanos a fake time stone or something lol
This is actually not very far fetched from what's going to happen, When Thanos snapped his fingers he didn't actually kill half the universe but they got absorbed in the soul stone.

Strange have foreseen every possibility and told Tony there is all but one way they could win. The one way being is to let Thanos win so Strange will get absorbed with half the universe inside the soul stone, Then strange can work from within the soul stone to create an alt reality where Thanos never even gotten his hand on the gauntlet or any of the infinity stones.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I thought Chris Hemsworth wanted to be Thor still?

What I loved but also found weird about Infinity War is that it really is a Thanos movie. Thanos is the main character and he’s the only character that gets any development. The Avengers and Guardians characters are already established, so this was really about Thanos and the fight and nothing else.
I loved the focus on Thanos, They made him look humane with a twisted vision, like the kind of villains that you can sympathies with but not sure if you should because of how ruthless he is. His motive is way better than in the comic where he did all this just cuz he wanted to smash the death chick.

What was the deal with Hulk anyways? Was he just shamed because of getting beat up by Thanos earlier?
I believe he was just in ptsd having experienced his first utter defeat ever, Thanos mopped him like he was nothing. Hes too ashamed and maybe even afraid to come out after that and just need sometime to recover.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Tbh I dont like the Soul stone idea because that seems like it takes too many leaps in logic.

- While powerful, the stones by themselves have not shown an ability so OP that would imply they can store half of all life in the universe
- Strange has never used or interacted with the Soul stone, so being able to program in something so grand as this while also tricking Thanos seems a bit much
- Everyone knows that Marvel will reset everything somewhere down the line, but it would feel kinda cheap that Thanos couldn't get his W after everything he did
- Strange seemed to care much more about Tony surviving than giving up the stone. After all, if he had a plan to store everyone who was killed in the Soul stone anyway, why even bother with the fight
- Adam Warlock has been the traditional foe of Thanos and may come back in to finally win the day. Or maybe it's passed on to Captain Marvel, as was shown in the post-credits.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
i expect hulk to play a huge role in a4, possibly being the one who actually kills thanos. theres no way they end this era without redeeming him.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
every single asgardian was murdered making the last movie a complete waste of time, including thors brother, and then he still got the shit kicked out of him by thanos at the start
This. This right made it SUPER depressing for me, like bro just had his mother & father die on him, killed his sister and watch his only brother die before him.

There was multiple moments where I indeed teared up a little bit...