What's new

Question - High Tech Inconsistencies in midscreen bnb's

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I've been having this problem recently which I used to think was just my execution, but after taking it to practice mode I realized it's probably something more and I'm wondering if others have seen the same issue.

When doing burst cancels into 33~bf2, I've noticed they sometimes juggle too far for me to run and keep comboing. Sometimes I'm still able to regardless on male characters, so it's especially a problem with females, but I can visually see that they're sometimes being launched further away. I've tested to see if I can get a timing on the cancel where it will always work properly, but it seems either random or so tight that it wouldn't reasonably be done consistently. No matter whether I cancel early or late, take the shortest or longest run possible to convert, the results seem random. It also seems to happen more often when cancelling off b33, but I can't be sure about that.

What's strange is that I can never get this to happen off 33~bf2 by itself. At any range, 33~bf2 juggles consistently, and I can convert 10/10 times. This makes me think that maybe it's possible the cancel into bf2 is taking the properties of a cancel from the original starter instead of the 33? I thought it might have to do with how the opponent moves back on strings like b33, making 33 connect on a moving/warped hitbox or something, but then it still sometimes works anyway? I don't know what's going on

@colt could you maybe take a look at this? I know you guys have already worked hard on fixing the FA stuff, but if this doesn't get fixed it could really hinder HT being developed for tournament play

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So I've been having this problem recently which I used to think was just my execution, but after taking it to practice mode I realized it's probably something more and I'm wondering if others have seen the same issue.

When doing burst cancels into 33~bf2, I've noticed they sometimes juggle too far for me to run and keep comboing. Sometimes I'm still able to regardless on male characters, so it's especially a problem with females, but I can visually see that they're sometimes being launched further away. I've tested to see if I can get a timing on the cancel where it will always work properly, but it seems either random or so tight that it wouldn't reasonably be done consistently. No matter whether I cancel early or late, take the shortest or longest run possible to convert, the results seem random. It also seems to happen more often when cancelling off b33, but I can't be sure about that.

What's strange is that I can never get this to happen off 33~bf2 by itself. At any range, 33~bf2 juggles consistently, and I can convert 10/10 times. This makes me think that maybe it's possible the cancel into bf2 is taking the properties of a cancel from the original starter instead of the 33? I thought it might have to do with how the opponent moves back on strings like b33, making 33 connect on a moving/warped hitbox or something, but then it still sometimes works anyway? I don't know what's going on

@colt could you maybe take a look at this? I know you guys have already worked hard on fixing the FA stuff, but if this doesn't get fixed it could really hinder HT being developed for tournament play
Yeah, I've noticed this too but thought perhaps it was just my execution. That's why I ended up doing starter~QBRC, 33~bf4 instead and taking the consistent damage.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah, I've noticed this too but thought perhaps it was just my execution. That's why I ended up doing starter~QBRC, 33~bf4 instead and taking the consistent damage.
It's a problem though when it's leaving significant damage on the table in combos that should work. Off 121 you lose 6% without fist charges and up to 8% with two charges

skater11

The saltiest
That's the reason I dropped her honestly. Her combos seem so inconsistent. And just like you, I thought it was just my execution. Even if it is, they could make bf2 pop them up a bit higher to make the cancel window a bit easier.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Only just started messing with Jacqui this is really a pain the main problem is that she cant combo 33,bf2 ~run 4,bf4 when her back is facing you. You would think this is not an issue, its only a stance, but doing the cancels means you have to run, which changes your stance. So in essence it doesn't matter about what stance you start the combo in.

She just needs it to work in either stance. @colt

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Only just started messing with Jacqui this is really a pain the main problem is that she cant combo 33,bf2 ~run 4,bf4 when her back is facing you. You would think this is not an issue, its only a stance, but doing the cancels means you have to run, which changes your stance. So in essence it doesn't matter about what stance you start the combo in.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter since max damage combos involve 4u4 instead. I'd much rather they fix that input than 33~bf2 tbh.

Even then, f2u2 after the run cancel is the second best damaging BnB. Not much use in using 33~bf2 at all tbh.

Cosmos

Noob

Mid-screen you should really be looking at qbrc into stanky leg. Optimal damage and it's really not too difficult with practice. Will also help just getting stanky leg in general so it inadvertently optimises corner damage.

Not to mention 33 realistically isn't a starter even as a punisher.

stosn

Noob
Its stance specifick, and you get different stence from different timing of cansel. I tested it a lot, so this combo is usless

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
It also depends on the string itself.
If you go for121bf4 the juggle becomes even harder than after 33bf4.
In general its just not worth it using bf2 unless the opponent is cornered.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
it's a stance-specific bug involving 33 on hit. Same reason why 33-low rocket hits only sometimes in the corner. Same reason why 33-(ex)low shotgun makes them stagger different distances