What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Inability to Slide is seriously crippling me.

Durango

Enhancer
I know that his normal Slide can't wakeup and gets stuffed by people hitting him low. I use EX Slide instead.

However, whether I'm waking up or trying to chase down someone, Slide simply won't come out. Am I the only one having serious problems getting Sub-Zero's Slide to come out compared to MK9?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Im guessing you play on a PS4 pad? BF motions are notoriously hard for a lot of people on them. I had to buy a new pad because of it.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I know that his normal Slide can't wakeup and gets stuffed by people hitting him low. I use EX Slide instead.

However, whether I'm waking up or trying to chase down someone, Slide simply won't come out. Am I the only one having serious problems getting Sub-Zero's Slide to come out compared to MK9?
Is it possible that you experience something like what's described here? I really wanted someone to test it on systems other than PC.

Read coloured text if you want tl;dr.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
I also had problems with back forward inputs when I first started playing. (on ps4) With practice, I have gotten familiar with how to slide my thump on the dpad.

I would also recommend turning OFF "Negative Edge" in your gameplay options if you have not already. That helped me a ton with input errors after I turned it off.

I must say that I personally don't have that problem but I do with other stuff like d1 into b1...often turns into db1 -_-. But I'm thinking about switching to keyboard from pad cause you have 4 other fingers for inputs and I discovered that landing combos with keyboard waaay easier and more consistent than with pad even though I played on pad for years