What's new

In case you missed this...CLASH SYSTEM CHANGES

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
You know these rapid cancels may just make Grundy have some options he shouldn't in order to stay safe. I wonder if I can cancel his stuff into swamp hands or his seismo stomp for a high low mixup or something. Given how slow his moves are its more likely I'd start with one of those since they are pretty fast for him and then cancel into one of his meatier moves just so he could get it off while they were in block stun.

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
You know these rapid cancels may just make Grundy have some options he shouldn't in order to stay safe. I wonder if I can cancel his stuff into swamp hands or his seismo stomp for a high low mixup or something. Given how slow his moves are its more likely I'd start with one of those since they are pretty fast for him and then cancel into one of his meatier moves just so he could get it off while they were in block stun.
cancels at the coast of meter tho... remember that

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
cancels at the coast of meter tho... remember that
I am, but I'm not forgetting that Grundy gets chain grapples that do sick damage. I think the meter cost for him to go for a mixup or stay safe is about as smart as using meter for extra cancels in the middle of the combo to extend stuff for guys who do less but hit confirm easier. Only difference is that Grundy would be a guy who front loads his meter expenditure to the beginning of the combo to give him an easier time landing his combos. Dude's to slow for much , but a single rapid cancel could be all it takes for him to get the hit he needs to nearly clear one of your two bars of health with a chain grab setup. Kind of hoping he can use seismo stomp or hands to screw someone's wakeup and go for resets once he's on top of their body after the combo.

May just get a chance to enjoy Grundy yet. I hope so. Till Green Arrow was in he looked really awesome out there even though he was about worthless. I just love his animations and chain grapples so if I can make him work then I'd love to have a back pocket Grundy.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I see yellow (wonder woman shield smash), red(harley quinn extended gun juggle), green (grundy's knife swing ground bounce), and then white is on bats, nightwing, and cyborg. I was going to infer that maybe some are based on whether meter is used for specials or normals, but there doesn't seem to be a clear difference between the colors. Perhaps its just character color coordinated? I'm new to the extended meter burn stuff, but I imagine it won't take long to figure it out as I've played many other fighting games, just not those anime ones.

Here's a great video from PAX East - Black Adam (Nerd Josh) vs Aquaman (Arturo Sanchez)
There are some great examples of meter usage throughout the match.
Watch for 1:03 Aquaman meter burns his special to achieve a ground bounce to extend the combo
1:09 Black Adam meter burns his lightning bolt to get two strikes
1:15 Aquaman meter burns his water shield that I believe causes his opponent to be blown back
1:28 Black Adam Block Escapes for one meter then follows up with his lightning bolts using more meter
1:34 Aquaman meter burns his ground pound move which causes it to double.........
2:10 Official description of "METER BURN" a.k.a EX version