What's new

In an unsafe world, where is the safety?

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Sure, if you decide to go for double or nothing... she still has a completely safe 50/50 which also doubles as the best armor baiting move in the game when used like this... the fact that she has a completely unpunishable 50/50 means she can never be considered one of the most unsafe characters in the game, right next to MoS Ermac and Mileena.
You're correct in that you can choose to be unsafe or not, but that's the dirt CO Sonya has: 50/50s on top of 50/50s. She is a high risk/high reward character and once you block what she does, she's punishable. I'm not referring only to 50/50, I mean the character as whole.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Clearly Goro and Jaqui are the safest characters in the game, when you look at their frame data.

Jaqui has 11 plus on block strings, ffs.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You're correct in that you can choose to be unsafe or not, but that's the dirt CO Sonya has: 50/50s on top of 50/50s. She is a high risk/high reward character and once you block what she does, she's punishable. I'm not referring only to 50/50, I mean the character as whole.
That's a fair enough statement to make, in which case looking at the character as a whole, is still half as likely to be unsafe on a 50/50 as Ermac or Mileena are since they have to guess twice, and the character as whole most the time will be going for double 50/50's, but making it safe by cancelling stance is ALSO her dirt and not an option Mac or Mileena have

I just don't think she can hold a candle to those 2 let alone other characters REALLY unsafe on their dirt, like Raiden or Sub, I guess calling her one of the safest isn't fair just because she can cancel her 50/50, you are right, thats her dirt and she needs it and she is one of the less safe characters in the game when she uses it, however she is still MUCH safer than a LOT of characters

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
That's a fair enough statement to make, in which case looking at the character as a whole, is still half as likely to be unsafe on a 50/50 as Ermac or Mileena are since they have to guess twice, and the character as whole most the time will be going for double 50/50's, but making it safe by cancelling stance is ALSO her dirt and not an option Mac or Mileena have

I just don't think she can hold a candle to those 2 let alone other characters REALLY unsafe on their dirt, like Raiden or Sub, I guess calling her one of the safest isn't fair just because she can cancel her 50/50, you are right, thats her dirt and she needs it and she is one of the less safe characters in the game when she uses it, however she is still MUCH safer than a LOT of characters
You're right, I agree with your point.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Most of the cast is safe on a lot of shit.

Kano is safe, F/T is safe, Goro is safe, Jax is safe...

The list goes on and on.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Shotgun Jacqui, mostly + on all her strings with 8 frame mid to frame trap. Anything that doesnt have a gap (everthing except 1,1,4) can be dialled into Shotgun to be -1 on block or spend a bar on hit for 30-50% safe 50/50.
Clearly Goro and Jaqui are the safest characters in the game, when you look at their frame data.

Jaqui has 11 plus on block strings, ffs.
I would agree, but have a look at the frame data on all her universal specials (bf1, bf4, bf2).

In terms of being safe in general, High Tech and Shotgun Jacqui are definitely up there, however her ridiculously punishable armour makes this less of a reality.

Jax and Goro are just as safe as Jacqui is and both have safe armour moves too. They'd be my top 2 picks.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I would agree, but have a look at the frame data on all her universal specials (bf1, bf4, bf2).

In terms of being safe in general, High Tech and Shotgun Jacqui are definitely up there, however her ridiculously punishable armour makes this less of a reality.

Jax and Goro are just as safe as Jacqui is and both have safe armour moves too. They'd be my top 2 picks.
You can end everything in either shotgun to be safe though, but you are right i would say Jax probably the safest character if you want to play him that way, but a lot of people opt to use risky overhead punches for mixups/armour.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can end everything in either shotgun to be safe though, but you are right i would say Jax probably the safest character if you want to play him that way, but a lot of people opt to use risky overhead punches for mixups/armour.
Yes, except in MKX there are situations when you have to armour (waking up, gaps in strings, etc). Jacqui takes a big risk every time she tries this because she is unsafe as hell. Someone like Jax, Tanya, Goro, Cassie can just throw their armour out and if it's blocked no biggie.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Anyone else think the reason the bottom tiers don't get many buffs is because they're already pretty safe (and that's supposedly their strength)? Imagine if Goro ran faster and had higher damage, all while keeping his safety/plus frames. Imagine Kono with a universal long range 50/50 that was safe. Or F/T with better damage. It'd be cheesy as hell.

E

Eldriken

Anyone else think the reason the bottom tiers don't get many buffs is because they're already pretty safe (and that's supposedly their strength)? Imagine if Goro ran faster and had higher damage, all while keeping his safety/plus frames. Imagine Kono with a universal long range 50/50 that was safe. Or F/T with better damage. It'd be cheesy as hell.
Kono confirmed for KP2? :DOGE

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Goro is the safest with everything being plus or barely negative, and telestomp hard to whiff punish now.