What's new

Tech - Impostor "Impostor Buffs", a video that shows off the ridiculous stuff that Shinnok can pull off

Seriously, people can you first lab stuff before overeacrting.
The followup for teleport comes out so quick you need to be doing it preemptively, which is when he can grab, do his low, do his OH etc. He can do it at any point in the jump arc and at certain heights it beats out uppercuts half the time. (at least i've seen my uppercut startup with jc and get beat out by a tele jk)

He didn't need this JIP buff, just makes this variation even more lame than before. Absolute hassle to deal with, not very hard to do.
It does create a mind game of course, and a very strong one. But again If someone is familiar with the MU he can antiair the initial teleport on reaction ,even Instant air teleport, before Shinnok's fastest air normal comes out of the tele. And if you block Shinnok's air attack out of the tele doing a second tele is a suicide, because the next attack will come out in like 30 frames.The only strong tool now is a deep ji4xxTelexxJi1 because you can't do anything about it.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Ok, I am so glad that including @D. R. there are now two people in this thread who actually tried to lab this before posting misinformation.
well I played against DR ALOT and I really only use reptile, and there has been times where I tried to armor out and I couldn't, It seemed like true blocked strings most of the time, just very well could have odd timing to armor out. Normals will not beat this.

well I played against DR ALOT and I really only use reptile, and there has been times where I tried to armor out and I couldn't, It seemed like true blocked strings most of the time, just very well could have odd timing to armor out. Normals will not beat this.
the Ji4 gives a lot of wierd blockstun, but as long as you input you armor or backdash as a reversal it will come out. Normals can't beat stuff that comes after Ji4xxtelexx...and only when it is the first or ,if it is deep enough, second Tele performed, in the video you can clearly see a lot of 10-20 frame gaps when ji2xxtele or ji3xxtele are used after a second or third tele in a row)

Wigy

There it is...
Seriously, people can you first lab stuff before overeacrting.

It does create a mind game of course, and a very strong one. But again If someone is familiar with the MU he can antiair the initial teleport on reaction ,even Instant air teleport, before Shinnok's fastest air normal comes out of the tele. And if you block Shinnok's air attack out of the tele doing a second tele is a suicide, because the next attack will come out in like 30 frames.The only strong tool now is a deep ji4xxTelexxJi1 because you can't do anything about it.
punishing an instant air teleport on reaction is just like this 'fuzzy guard b2 on reaction' stuff half the sub community try to sell.

zaf

professor
The funny thing about jump kick tele into j1 string being a true string is that you can mess with your opponent so much.

So after the initial jk tele j1, you can go overhead/low/ grab. Because the opponent is thinking about this and looking to react to it, it opens up other things.

You can do jk tele j1, then cross them up and land another jk tele j1 string... This is extremely annoying to use. Its not even a "gimmick". You are using their hesitation against them to more or less " loop" the blockstring. Honestly one of the best answers to all this is to take the initial Jump kick and get knocked down. Shinnok won't get a true follow up and you can get up and try to capitalize

D. R.

Noob
The funny thing about jump kick tele into j1 string being a true string is that you can mess with your opponent so much.

So after the initial jk tele j1, you can go overhead/low/ grab. Because the opponent is thinking about this and looking to react to it, it opens up other things.

You can do jk tele j1, then cross them up and land another jk tele j1 string... This is extremely annoying to use. Its not even a "gimmick". You are using their hesitation against them to more or less " loop" the blockstring. Honestly one of the best answers to all this is to take the initial Jump kick and get knocked down. Shinnok won't get a true follow up and you can get up and try to capitalize
Ji2xxtele~Ji1 combos on hit so taking the Ji4 is a gamble in itself. Noobe would take the Ji4 every now and then during our extensive sets. He quit doing that after taking 45+% combos.

zaf

professor
Ji2xxtele~Ji1 combos on hit so taking the Ji4 is a gamble in itself. Noobe would take the Ji4 every now and then during our extensive sets. He quit doing that after taking 45+% combos.
Thanks man. I'll work in the j2 then. Good stuff.

Who was noobe using BTW?

punishing an instant air teleport on reaction is just like this 'fuzzy guard b2 on reaction' stuff half the sub community try to sell.
My training partner does it a lot with Sonya's d2. Sometimes it loses to Ji1 or NJK out of the instant air tele, but he admits himself that it is only when I haven't been using it for a while and he even forgets about it. It is nothing like reacting to subs b2. Subs b2 is 17 frames. Instant Air Tricky Portal starts up in 18 frames in the air, it takes 2 frames to get to the neutral air and fastest attack out of the tele is a 6 frame ji1, so it is at least 26 frames of start up (there might actually be some extra frames when Shinnok appears on the other side). 26 frames is definitely reactable especially with a fast d2, beacause you don't need to guess whether he teleports in front or behind, d2 input works either way. And when you see Shinnok jump of course you have to be ready to hit him out of the tele.