What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
Staff combo ends in escrima

1f14-df2-b3-j3-j3db1 ~ 35% meter less, its 39% with the staff j3 starter.

The timing on the b3 is super tight. I suggest holding forward until they are at the arc of the fall then pressing b3.

So, as a newbie I hope this actually turned out well.

Visual of what the BNB midscreen Staff combo looks like. Fail or is this fine?
(combos in the description of the video)

No this is fine. One thing better you can do is after the b3, ji2, you can do a 3 before you do 1~Flying Grayson

So your combo would be this
1f1~EX Ground Spark, B3, Ji2, 3, 1~Flying Grayson=39%

Reactions: Roy

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
The first few combos above are no longer possible. DB3 MB with staff was nerfed - no longer wall bounces. The others look pretty cool, the damage is great, I'll have to give them a shot.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
The first few combos above are no longer possible. DB3 MB with staff was nerfed - no longer wall bounces. The others look pretty cool, the damage is great, I'll have to give them a shot.
Can you mark the ones that are no longer possible so that I may remove them please?

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I laugh at these combos
Then can you provide better combos please, Im trying to find out what his highest, meterless bnb is. If you have some please share, as I'm sure we would all be very appreciative.

DARKazen

Noob
Random corner stuff

112 delay (seems to be like maybe 5 or so frames? It's not a lot, but enough that you'll notice it) 112 d1xxKali Fury j.1xxwingding 31%
Most of my corner stuff stems from this basic combo. You can also throw out j.3 instead and attempt to throw out some oki pressure if you don't like your options ending the combo at neutral and risking them teching out of the corner (matchup dependant.)

Feel free to MB the wingding for a bit of extra damage if it will win you the match, or put you in a nice chip situation leaving them with almost no hp.

112 delay 112 delay 112 112(don't delay this one, you need to input it asap) 31% optional xxSuper for 40%
You can xxKali Fury the 3rd 112 and follow up with d2 for an easier 31% but you won't be able to get a Super off, and the d2 leaves them really low to the ground so you can't really follow it with anything and afaik Ground Spark oki is unsafe in the corner.

Actually just messed around and found out you can follow the xxKali Fury on the 3rd 112 with a j.2 with nets 32% and is all around better than d2. Yay stuff.

Gonna post midscreen stuff (a.k.a the viable stuff) as soon as I lab out what the highest potential damages I can get are. Gonna work on removing d2's from my combos, or just noting that they are just swag combos, the scaling on it is extremely weak and it wastes a ton of gravity.

HMD

Noob
I have a staff and escrima and staff combo both doing 45% one meter... but I haven't uploaded the staff only one yet I'll do it later today :) unless you guys want notations now I guess I could do that

*staff*: j2, 1, f1, MB Shockwave(not sure what it's called but I'll call it shockwave for now), 2, b3, j2, 3, 1 , BF3

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
I have a staff and escrima and staff combo both doing 45% one meter... but I haven't uploaded the staff only one yet I'll do it later today :) unless you guys want notations now I guess I could do that

*staff*: j2, 1, f1, MB Shockwave(not sure what it's called but I'll call it shockwave for now), 2, b3, j2, 3, 1 , BF3
I saw this one too, had trouble getting the 2 and b3 to link consistently though. Any advice?

HMD

Noob
there is an exact moment after the MB shock wave where y
I saw this one too, had trouble getting the 2 and b3 to link consistently though. Any advice?
basically after the MB shockwave you want them to fall as close as possible to you before using two... also there is a moment where you can cancel part of the recovery of the shock wave if you can get the cancel as soon as possible then your good to get the B3

Reactions: Kas

DARKazen

Noob
Midscreen stuff

Major thanks to NightwingDayZero for pointing out f213. Made a lot of midscreen stuff so much easier for me, and the damage on it is spectacular (also if you want some shennannigry on block, xxGround Spark if you're pushed far enough from the opponent, or if they push block.) You can also MB the Ground Spark at any time during charge, and nobody can tell until you actually let go of the charge, so you're not committed to the move at all.

On to the combos

Quick Note: Always cancel f213 on the first hit of the 3 unless you are trying to push them full screen and ground spark oki.
f213xxKali Fury is the basic opener for combos so I'm just going to post what to do after that (though if you want to do a pretty nice tick throw setup, you can xxGround Spark the f213 on the first hit, it combos.)

f213xxwallslam (not sure what the notation should be, bMB?) j.2 d2 j.2 112 35% (definitely worth 2 meters IMO)
j.2 112xxGround Spark
j.2 112xxKali Fury [insert whatever here] 30%+ This combo only works if you carry them to the corner, which btw, if you're on aquamans stage (the section with the portal on the right hand side) you can carry from standing at the starfish on the pedestal all the way to the corner, so it carries quite a bit.
j.2 f213xxKali Fury 29% (hard to link and not really worth it when you have higher damage options, 28% without Kali Fury)
j.2 f213xxFlip Kick 29% (have to hit them when they are pretty high up)
j.2 d2 j.2 112 29% optional f213xxSuper or you can just super after the second j2 for 35%

f3 stuff
f3 j.2 d2 j.2 112 28%
f3 j.2 d2xxKali Fury j.2xxWingDing 29% MB 30% (I promise you it's possible, it's just horribly inconsistent at the moment. Might rely on character body type, or just be a lot of 1 frame timings, not sure at the moment.)
f3 j.2 d2xxKali Fury j.2 1xxSuper 35%
[SWAG] f3xxdash d2xxdash 1xxKali Fury j.1xxWingDing 22% MB 24% (2 side switches and an uppercut in there! Not to mention if you mistime the dash cancel into d2 your dash cancel into 1xxKali Fury will just make you swing in the opposite direction of your opponent for like 40 frames, and if that kind of confusion isn't a top tier tactic, then I don't know what is! Also if you mistime the j.1 you can MB and even though your wingding originally misses the MB will still hit.)
f3 d2 j.2 j.1 112 25% (you can also cancel j.1 into wingding if you so prefer... or pick a more damage combo.... suit yourself)

maybe more to come... not really finding anything better than what I've already discovered

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
I have tech im working on that gives his midscreen bnbs more damage, but ill have to do more investagting after work. Ill try and record footage of my findings.

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
Thanks saitsu for your input a lot of help. was not aware of the potential of j3 j3 db1 for dmg.

Anyone having success with jump ins? Ive played a few characters now and I find Nightwing's jump ins with escrima to be the hardest to land! Am I just too used to JC Deep JP or is anyone else noticing that they just dont jump in because of it? Aside from j3 of course. Speaking of which; combos off J3? Right now i just do j3 f213 db3 escrima.

Also from D2 anti air I just j3 db1 for 19%. Anyone got better?

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
You can combo off of j3 if you time it properly. Ive been using it as an air to air. Also, the stun off jdb3 almost seems like it gives enough time to dash in and get your bnb, but probably not. Good mixup potential though.

My main issue with KW is getting in against projectile characters/full screen game. I feel like at full screen he has no options.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
You can combo off of j3 if you time it properly. Ive been using it as an air to air. Also, the stun off jdb3 almost seems like it gives enough time to dash in and get your bnb, but probably not. Good mixup potential though.

My main issue with KW is getting in against projectile characters/full screen game. I feel like at full screen he has no options.
Against any zoning character, select the Atlantis stage. The ram overhead will slide you either right in front of them or right behind them, every time.

DARKazen

Noob
Thanks saitsu for your input a lot of help. was not aware of the potential of j3 j3 db1 for dmg.

Anyone having success with jump ins? Ive played a few characters now and I find Nightwing's jump ins with escrima to be the hardest to land! Am I just too used to JC Deep JP or is anyone else noticing that they just dont jump in because of it? Aside from j3 of course. Speaking of which; combos off J3? Right now i just do j3 f213 db3 escrima.

Also from D2 anti air I just j3 db1 for 19%. Anyone got better?
Not sure what you mean by jump-ins being hard to land... are we talking mid combo or are we talking about trying to open somebody up with a jump-in? You can get combos off of both j.1 and j.2 and I don't think j.3 is a great combo starter unless you REALLY need the extra range on it to connect with a zoner throwing a really bad fireball. j.2 has extremely easy timing to combo after, remember its a dial-in system, so you just throw out j.2 and wait like a few frames and start buffering what will come next. The game is EXTREMELY lenient with its buffer window, as can be proved by doing j.df1 with Harley and then inputting a dial-in right away and watching it happen when you hit the ground.

At any rate, converting off of j.1 or j.2 is just as simple as pasting in any of the above linked combos that you happen to like. The scaling will change slightly, but the gravity should be almost identical... MAYBE 1 frame links wouldn't connect, but that's about it. Converting off of j.3 will eat gravity, and make certain moves push as opposed to launching, which is why I don't recommend it. Still if you have to I would do j.3 f2xxKali Fury j.3xxWingding 35%. Don't bother meter burning that Wingding unless you have them in the corner, in which case there are better options, but yeah, midscreen the MB version won't hit at all.

Also I don't think he has trouble against zoners (unless you mean cyborg.) Block reversal with Ground Spark and get what ground you can while they either eat it or block it. You can also fake jump-ins once you get in range by just neutral jumping into j.3xxwingding. I also feel like staff would have some pressure against zoners once you hit half screen, though I don't ever use staff stance *gasp* and I pretty much am always in Escrima.

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
Not sure what you mean by jump-ins being hard to land... are we talking mid combo or are we talking about trying to open somebody up with a jump-in? You can get combos off of both j.1 and j.2 and I don't think j.3 is a great combo starter unless you REALLY need the extra range on it to connect with a zoner throwing a really bad fireball. j.2 has extremely easy timing to combo after, remember its a dial-in system, so you just throw out j.2 and wait like a few frames and start buffering what will come next. The game is EXTREMELY lenient with its buffer window, as can be proved by doing j.df1 with Harley and then inputting a dial-in right away and watching it happen when you hit the ground.

At any rate, converting off of j.1 or j.2 is just as simple as pasting in any of the above linked combos that you happen to like. The scaling will change slightly, but the gravity should be almost identical... MAYBE 1 frame links wouldn't connect, but that's about it. Converting off of j.3 will eat gravity, and make certain moves push as opposed to launching, which is why I don't recommend it. Still if you have to I would do j.3 f2xxKali Fury j.3xxWingding 35%. Don't bother meter burning that Wingding unless you have them in the corner, in which case there are better options, but yeah, midscreen the MB version won't hit at all.

Also I don't think he has trouble against zoners (unless you mean cyborg.) Block reversal with Ground Spark and get what ground you can while they either eat it or block it. You can also fake jump-ins once you get in range by just neutral jumping into j.3xxwingding. I also feel like staff would have some pressure against zoners once you hit half screen, though I don't ever use staff stance *gasp* and I pretty much am always in Escrima.
I dunno, i just find my jump ins wiff a lot. I dont really know why. Im sure ill get used to it. My friend plays harley and crouches a lot and i literally can never hit him with j1 or j2. I think im underestimating the active frames and hitting the button too late. That j3 combo is nice and easy thanks a lot! Happy to see so many active knowledgeable Nightwing posters.

DARKazen

Noob
AHHHH I get what you mean now. Yeah, you can't do them too low to the ground, and I think this was a design decision, not just a product of the engine. They're trying to make a different game, not MK9 1/2 so they really did a lot of fixing to separate this game from the rush down pit of hell that is MK9 (note I thoroughly enjoy that game.) You have to commit to a lot more in this game, like dashes and also jump-ins. Start them higher up and use j.2 as it's active for longer and the hitbox is REALLY disjointed on it. Also this game doesn't let you take breaks between moves so as soon as you connect the j.2 you'll have to be buffering in your next combo.

As for a d2 conversion, I feel I failed you here but here goes;

d2 j.2 d2xxKali Fury (it's a tight and weird timing, but once you get it down, it works for all characters d2 with very slight differences in timing) j.3xxWingding for 25%
I kept trying to get f2xxKali Fury to work in this combo but it simply doesn't, you'll be literally like a pixel out of range to connect with j.3, however, if you are near a corner, it's an option, so pay attention to spacing.

Also something that you can do if you can react and read your opponents jump-ins.

j.2 d2 j.2 2xxKali Fury j.3xxwingding 28%

You can do some similar stuff with j.3 but the timing is harder and you pretty much have to go straight into Kali Fury after the initial j.3.

Hope this stuff helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.