What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Runway I have to ask something, what is this amazing thing that you are convinced that GL has that made, and makes him retarded?
It's not some "amazing thing", it's his whole set of tools. Most Green Lantern players clearly downplay:
1.)His mobility.
2.) His zoning. He can jump jump jump and throw out the projectile from the air, he can continue zoning on the ground...force the opponent to come in and try and make a read and eat a B1 or a lift.
3.)No good Green Lantern ever throws out lift in a punishable space.
4.) B1 is equal to or slightly below KF's slide.
5.)Had good damage and had frustrating OTG's
6.)He is also the only character I can think of with the best and most options at the very beginning of the match (player jumps he can get hit by lift, if they stand still or make a move they can hit by b1, if they duck or dash he can jump back and zone)

I mean c'mon man...GL has so many GREAT tools...he will still be deadly as fuck even with the scrubby ass OTG's gone. He's just really good and it's ANNOYING that you and some of the other GL's whine about him. ;)

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
GGA pimpimjim NY_Jailhouse

He is a mid tier character that gets absolutely wrecked in some MUs. This buff will help a little bit against characters like Aqua and Frost because there is more space that they have to respect. Non-Sinestro players overrate him.

I agree with you in saying that Aquaman has very good tools. Using them is another thing altogether. Tom Brady recently posted about how hard it can be to even get a combo going safely. There is no mix up. You block low and keep an eye out for the overheads. Once you learn to block him, he wont be damaging you with anything but trident rush on block. This makes the D2 anti air a necessary tool.

a LARGE portion of the cast can bypass the trait anyway. I really do believe Aquaman is top 5, but I also believe he's balanced and fair. Now more so than ever.
same goes for superman, so you have no right to complain. With supes is just block low bcs every overhead is reactable. Everyone who knows the matchup can block the jd3 cross up and you only have to worry about him in the corner.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I think its pretty sad that someone would drop playing a game, due to 1 change do they really love winning with this cheap ass vortex so much anyway, what happened to playing a game for fun anyway, i use all characters ranked, i use everyone for personal preference, id be bored using same character over and over, so im not aboout to drop a game just for 1 change im happy with all charecters even with this patch
*sigh*
i AM playing the game for fun but i have fun playing GL and heres the thing about playing green lantern he is really vulnerable to zoning and has no answer for it and online its even worse and there is nothing fun about being gunshot/fireball/laser etc to death and my character being unjustly nerfed when better chars got off free? the other characters i want to play are joker and shazam but the buffs they got dont look great either and they both can be outzoned, its not "im quitting because my character was nerfed" i just dont wanna be zoned to death trying to play who i enjoy using

again this is all hypohetical idk if GL ost his vortex but without it he isnt viable

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
he needed a mobility buff.... and b1 scales alot, the most he can get is 40% 2 bars give or take 2%

How much damage would you like to do off b1? Would you like the game to end after you land 2 b1's? 30-40% is fine for a combo that you can land out of range of most other character's combo starters. *I have no answer for superman's f2 so before you say "explain to me why superman gets 50% off his f2" - his f2/damage just got nerfed, so obviously it was something that needed attention.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
If smoke was in this game he would be the best character easy. anti zoning, crossup teleports, all charcters unable to dash block his smoke bombs in this game, resets. Some things we cant joke about.
Smoke OF this game. Not smoke IN this game. What GGA pimpimjim means is that Sinestro is a "high-mid/A-tier/good" character like smoke was in MK.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
there you go, no proof what so ever.

You sound incredibly stupid man.

You asked why would a GL follow up with b1 lmao. Why wouldn't they? B1 is punishable by itself, so why not follow it up to make it safer?

You keep asking for proof, which is idiotic because you have the game and you can find outfor yourself.

B1 is easily punishable. The fact that you think its safe shows me you know nothing about GL or the game itself and I dont like conversing with idiots.

It's not some "amazing thing", it's his whole set of tools. Most Green Lantern players clearly downplay:
1.)His mobility.
2.) His zoning. He can jump jump jump and throw out the projectile from the air, he can continue zoning on the ground...force the opponent to come in and try and make a read and eat a B1 or a lift.
3.)No good Green Lantern ever throws out lift in a punishable space.
4.) B1 is equal to or slightly below KF's slide.
5.)Had good damage and had frustrating OTG's
6.)He is also the only character I can think of with the best and most options at the very beginning of the match (player jumps he can get hit by lift, if they stand still or make a move they can hit by b1, if they duck or dash he can jump back and zone)

I mean c'mon man...GL has so many GREAT tools...he will still be deadly as fuck even with the scrubby ass OTG's gone. He's just really good and it's ANNOYING that you and some of the other GL's whine about him. ;)
you forgott to add the turbine crossup reset that is 0 frames if isn't blocked and can be done after a lot of combos.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
same goes for superman, so you have no right to complain. With supes is just block low bcs every overhead is reactable. Everyone who knows the matchup can block the jd3 cross up and you only have to worry about him in the corner.

Oh I agree. Just from massive amounts of experience he has become easy to block, but that F2 would just seemingly catch you no matter if you back dashed, jumped or tried to attack. Then he could trait up and carry you to the corner. It's always been F2 that's made Superman good. I'll be interested to see what the change in the hitbox does.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
How much damage would you like to do off b1? Would you like the game to end after you land 2 b1's? 30-40% is fine for a combo that you can land out of range of most other character's combo starters. *I have no answer for superman's f2 so before you say "explain to me why superman gets 50% off his f2" - his f2/damage just got nerfed, so obviously it was something that needed attention.
im not saying he should get more damage from b1 just that having that starter doesnt make him dumb good or even a top character, that and lm are all he has and he has other issues to balance him out

You sound incredibly stupid man.

You asked why would a GL follow up with b1 lmao. Why wouldn't they? B1 is punishable by itself, so why not follow it up to make it safer?

You keep asking for proof, which is idiotic because you have the game and you can find outfor yourself.

B1 is easily punishable. The fact that you think its safe shows me you know nothing about GL or the game itself and I dont like conversing with idiots.
as I said before, is easy to say that when you are only fighting bad GL players. a good green lantern blocks right away after his b1 and that's not punishible. You have no proof what so ever and I already tried the d1 and if the lantern knows how to block you are done. Also b1 easily punished? pathethic, seriously I'm not gonna bother with some one who only talks crap.

zaf

professor
I think that it would be best to wait for the patch to release before really making final decisions on what this will do to the game. Take Black Adam for example. Looks like he is getting hit hard. Without playing we wont know what his dashes will be like. They are not necessarily very slow and horrible now. They are definitely not as fast and/or far reaching. But we just dont know yet.
We also need to account for the overall change to the cast as well. Its not like he is the only one being changed. There is also the game mechanics itself being changed.

So it might take some getting used to, but ba could still very well be a top 5 cantidate