What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Actually I played him since day 1 because he is one of my favorite characters. Then NDC came :D

Also... funny it is that today I was wondering about if there was a tier list at super smash. Cool to know.

And for the end, now I can say Kabal goes 5-5 with Ermac.
I'm saying people that go to tournaments, and no Ermac doesn't

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Kabal is broken as fuck, damn He was since 1995 xD But it takes real balls to rule at highest level, and the fact that at MLG there was tons of Kabals and none other then REO made to top 8 is good enough prove - at least to me . (correct me if am wrong)
If he would be nerfed for second time or third (cant remember) that still wont stop kids from complaining because REO would still whoop ass.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I wish the community said this over a year ago about me rather then saying "OHHH GOD, PLEASE NERF SUB ZERO!! HE MUST BE THE FIRST CHARACTER NERF AND NERFED BADLY IN EVERY PATCH!!!"

at least the community has mostly removed its head from its ass and actually will let things develop next time.
Look at it this way. You were so damn good you made SZ look broken. Not many people can say that.

I just want to be able to poke through cage f3 pressure :( or at least armorable without a high chance of meter drain
Then again I do like watching dizzy make top 8s just by checking people with like 30 f3 in a row
Oh wait this is about kabal? You know dis mofo has a block infinite some characters can't crouch block under :)

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat

Balance patch is for balance, listening you kunglao would still have safe spin and shit like that...
Kung Lao has a safe Spin? Thats news to me. Anyway Kung Lao already has considerable holes in his game making him unable to teleport in the air and thus making the move all but useless in the process is not a fair nerf. Adding a frame or 2 of start up to his 21 or his spin would be fair, making his x ray punishable on block and have it's damage scale more in combos would be fair.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
95% of the community doesn't have the scene necessary to "Grind shit out"

Just sayin
Didn't stop Curbo from getting where he did. :p

Carl is 2 time EVO champ with no one to play offline every week.

I was making top 8 not having consistent gatherings. Not to mention I proved that Reptile's NJP combo was viable, which set all the other execution shit in motion.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I'd personally like to see Kabal banned...but its too late in the game for this to happen, IMHO. There are Kabal players that have feelings of loyalty and like him (I know its a , "not my problem" kind of deal) but we alienate a few players that have put a decent amount of time/effort into perfecting the stuff that makes him so good. Another problem is that if we ban kabal, the next best character(s) will be scrutinized and subject to the same ban hammer. We don't want Kenshi/Cyrax/Sonya/Freddy players to fear their main is in question of getting the boot as well...

And the "grind shit out" argument is a valid one, to an extent. To beat a good Kabal player you must beat the player, because the character is on a different level than 90% of the cast; doing this in a best 2/3 or 3/5 set is nearly impossible. To make the adjustments needed and to figure out the tendencies of every different Kabal out there, you would have to "grind shit out" VS every Kabal beforehand to stand a chance in tourney setting.

Just my .02...

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I cut my teeth in a game where this kind of thing was frequent not only at high levels but on my lower lower lower level too

Now am I saying that Kabal isn't FUBAR? Absolutely not, it's definitely an egregious error that he still got off the way he is. Regardless, he's not the worst top tier I've ever faced and he certainly isn't the first.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I cut my teeth in a game where this kind of thing was frequent not only at high levels but on my lower lower lower level too

Now am I saying that Kabal isn't FUBAR? Absolutely not, it's definitely an egregious error that he still got off the way he is. Regardless, he's not the worst top tier I've ever faced and he certainly isn't the first.
Kabal's fucked up until you played ST Akuma or Ivan Ooze.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Kabal would still be number one if you just nerfed the stupid machine gun blast and make it more like Kitana's instant air fan. I think the real problem with Kabal is his Ex Dash. That thing is just beyond dumb.