What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
That's true.
I do wish I played friday like I did on Saturday. I need Sonya exp as well, not knowing that match up really made me nervous against showtime. Still managed to get a game off of him thankfully.
Dude I feel yer pain on the Sonya MU, that character is the reason I have been knocked out of like 3 out of my last 5 tournies, and I FUCKING HATE HER lol. I am juggling a lot of characters atm to see how well I do against her, I just don't know if I can handle the Reptile/Sonya MU anymore, it's way too infuriating.

Lulzlou

Noob
Dude I feel yer pain on the Sonya MU, that character is the reason I have been knocked out of like 3 out of my last 5 tournies, and I FUCKING HATE HER lol. I am juggling a lot of characters atm to see how well I do against her, I just don't know if I can handle the Reptile/Sonya MU anymore, it's way too infuriating.
Well besides Blake a few months ago online, I never fought a high level sonya online or offline. I went by what I saw from videos but it wasn't enough to take the set. Its heavily in kabal's advantage so I don't know how hard you have it lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well besides Blake a few months ago online, I never fought a high level sonya online or offline. I went by what I saw from videos but it wasn't enough to take the set. Its heavily in kabal's advantage so I don't know how hard you have it lol
Well waaaay to be a dick about it! :p

coolwhip

Noob
LBSH, if your character can't consistently punish tele 3, or even do it half of the times, he loses badly to Kung Lao. Kung Lao beats Kenshi 7-3.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
naaaa.. kabal shouldnt be nerfed. all the other characters should just be buffed to be extra super insanely too good like he is.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
True Lao players teleporT , make the read then properly react

Tom Brady
@perfectlegend

For god sakes tell these people how kenshi Lao really is
i'm not saying you're wrong in any way. noone knows kenshi like you do, BUT did you seriously just name Tom Brady as a TRUE lao player...lol just asking, if so then hell ya i've beaten a true lao with nightwolf.

coolwhip

Noob
If you are 2-8 with Kung Lao, then so is Smoke.
Not really. Don't get me wrong, Smoke loses decisively to Kung Lao. I think it's a solid 6-4. Look at how Perfect Legend makes it look free against Wafflez. And yes, a lot of that should be attributed to PL's skill, but it also shows how Kung Lao can jump all over the screen and do whatever he wants against Smoke.

However, it's not as bad as Kung Lao against Kenshi. For one, if Smoke punishes one teleport with D+1, he can get 50% damage. That's not to say that it's easy, but that alone makes it slightly better than the Kenshi match. Smoke's hitbox, while big, isn't as retarted big as Kenshi, and has a slightly better chance of dealing with tele 3, not to mention, potentially win SOME air to airs (with Smokes air grab). In addition, Smoke has really good pokes that make it somewhat bearable up close. Again, don't get me wrong, it's still bad as Kung Lao has faster normals, and punishes Smoke bomb up close better than anyone in the game, but I don't see how it's as bad as Kung Lao-Kenshi.

Death

Noob
Kenshi actually has losing matches. Kenshi loses horrid to Kung Lao, some say it's 2-8 even. I think I also remember Pig saying he loses to Cyrax, Reptile, and maybe some others 4-6. Kenshi also has a ton of 5-5s. You cannot compare Kenshi to Kabal, they are completely different subject.
Kenshi actually has losing matches. Kenshi loses horrid to Kung Lao, some say it's 2-8 even. I think I also remember Pig saying he loses to Cyrax, Reptile, and maybe some others 4-6. Kenshi also has a ton of 5-5s. You cannot compare Kenshi to Kabal, they are completely different subject.
Lol Yeah I'm sure kenshi loses to them. Kabal is fine. Kabal still has to take risks. He's not as bad as what a lot of ppl think

coolwhip

• Resets off antiairs are the hardest resets in the game for Smoke. He's getting 22%, not 50%, unless he hits KL way high in the air and can just use 2~sb (only smoke to ever do this was CDjr)
  • Kenshi deals with tele 3 just fine with the Pig anti-tele 3 tech. Plus he can just armor through every single time, Smoke cannot. Every time KL presses down, up, Smoke is put into a guessing situation, while Kenshi can just vomit some armor and be fine.
  • "potentially win SOME air to airs (with Smokes air grab)." Lol, wut? You obviously do not know the match up if you believe smoke's air grab to be a determining factor here.
  • How are Kenshi's pokes any worse than Smoke's? His d1 may have a little less range, but his d3 has more range and lowers his hitbox even more than Smoke's. Plus he can cancel any of them into spirit barge and LBSH, it is pretty safe. KL will be pushed back. Hell, he can even cancel to EXSC and be at advantage and put KL into a 50/50 situation unless he chooses to armor. Kenshi's got it better than smoke there.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i'm not saying you're wrong in any way. noone knows kenshi like you do, BUT did you seriously just name Tom Brady as a TRUE lao player...lol just asking, if so then hell ya i've beaten a true lao with nightwolf.
I was quoting someone who understands the game at a different level than most

He is extremely knowledgeable about every MU from a bird's eye view with inner game understandings

coolwhip

Noob
Tom will be the first to say his Kung Lao isn't good, but he plays the Kenshi match-up very well. In fact, by his own admission, his Kung Lao is designed to beat Mileena and Kenshi.

Pig Of The Hut

coolwhip

• Resets off antiairs are the hardest resets in the game for Smoke. He's getting 22%, not 50%, unless he hits KL way high in the air and can just use 2~sb (only smoke to ever do this was CDjr)
  • Kenshi deals with tele 3 just fine with the Pig anti-tele 3 tech. Plus he can just armor through every single time, Smoke cannot. Every time KL presses down, up, Smoke is put into a guessing situation, while Kenshi can just vomit some armor and be fine.
  • "potentially win SOME air to airs (with Smokes air grab)." Lol, wut? You obviously do not know the match up if you believe smoke's air grab to be a determining factor here.
  • How are Kenshi's pokes any worse than Smoke's? His d1 may have a little less range, but his d3 has more range and lowers his hitbox even more than Smoke's. Plus he can cancel any of them into spirit barge and LBSH, it is 100% safe. KL will be pushed back. Hell, he can even cancel to EXSC and be at advantage and put KL into a 50/50 situation unless he chooses to armor. Kenshi's got it better than smoke there.
My tech works only against poor Laos

Smart Laos wait read punish

My tech works against autopilot pocket laos

my tech doesnt work against delay 3, 2 and infact gets blown up hard

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Not really. Don't get me wrong, Smoke loses decisively to Kung Lao. I think it's a solid 6-4. Look at how Perfect Legend makes it look free against Wafflez. And yes, a lot of that should be attributed to PL's skill, but it also shows how Kung Lao can jump all over the screen and do whatever he wants against Smoke.

However, it's not as bad as Kung Lao against Kenshi. For one, if Smoke punishes one teleport with D+1, he can get 50% damage. That's not to say that it's easy, but that alone makes it slightly better than the Kenshi match. Smoke's hitbox, while big, isn't as retarted big as Kenshi, and has a slightly better chance of dealing with tele 3, not to mention, potentially win SOME air to airs (with Smokes air grab). In addition, Smoke has really good pokes that make it somewhat bearable up close. Again, don't get me wrong, it's still bad as Kung Lao has faster normals, and punishes Smoke bomb up close better than anyone in the game, but I don't see how it's as bad as Kung Lao-Kenshi.
i couldnt agree more,while smoke vs lao is without question in lao's favor i will never believe that smoke loses to anyone worse than 6-4,no character that can get 70% from 1bar or 1 mistake loses to any character 7-3.

coolwhip

Noob
coolwhip

• How are Kenshi's pokes any worse than Smoke's? His d1 may have a little less range, but his d3 has more range and lowers his hitbox even more than Smoke's. Plus he can cancel any of them into spirit barge and LBSH, it is pretty safe. KL will be pushed back. Hell, he can even cancel to EXSC and be at advantage and put KL into a 50/50 situation unless he chooses to armor. Kenshi's got it better than smoke there.
I love Pig, but even he will tell you that in the heat of the moment, his anti-tele 3 tech isn't always super viable and it would take very good reactions and self control. Also, Kenshi cannot armor out of tele 3 every single time, since against KL he doesn't build meter the way he does against other characters where he can just touch them everywhere on the screen. In fact, given KL's mobility, late tele 3, and cross overs, Kenshi will be eating a lot of combos and will waste that meter on breaking.

Smoke's anti air grab is not a determining factor at all, but I said he can at least win a few air to airs with it given the right read. Kenshi can't do that at all so when Kung Lao is in the air, Kenshi can't do shit as if the KL player teleports mid-air, Kenshi is fucked.

Kung Lao being pushed back doesn't really do much against Kenshi since we all know Lao can just get back in at any time.

i couldnt agree more,while smoke vs lao is without question in lao's favor i will never believe that smoke loses to anyone worse than 6-4,no character that can get 70% from 1bar or 1 mistake loses to any character 7-3.
Kung Lao has no reason to ever use meter against Smoke and he's building it like crazy becuase of all the free blockstrings he gets on Smoke. It's not uncommon for Laos to break twice a round vs. me from all that fucking meter they get.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Tom will be the first to say his Kung Lao isn't good, but he plays the Kenshi match-up very well. In fact, by his own admission, his Kung Lao is designed to beat Mileena and Kenshi.
yeah lol ive heard him say that on multiple occasions. brady may not be a TRUE LAO player but he is a TRUE MK player. i've always thought this since the days of the Silent1 tom brady shows. he knew his stuff back then and he still knows his stuff now. which is part of what makes him such an excellent commentary.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Kung Lao has no reason to ever use meter against Smoke and he's building it like crazy becuase of all the free blockstrings he gets on Smoke. It's not uncommon for Laos to break twice a round vs. me from all that fucking meter they get.
you make a good point but i still dont think its as bad as 7-3.

coolwhip

Noob
So you're complaining that Kenshi cannot just barf something out, he actually has to make a read for once in his life? No other character in the game ever has to do that.
I'm not complaining about shit. I'm a Lao player, so the last thing I'll complain about is the Kenshi match-up. And I was merely answering your question that asked "what can stop you from reacting to late tele 3?"

Pig Of The Hut

what prevents you from reacting to delayed 3 and then using EX RK or EX SC?
Well first off ex rk works 30% of the time, usually they're in a position inside of its hitbox you waste one bar to get punished for 42%

EX SC if timed perfectly you trade 12% for 9% , you spent 1 full bar of meter for a 3% trade giving him now more meter w meter advantage

Also slightly delayed 3 comes out before you can input ex sc in most cases unless you're luke skywalker