What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster Ice clone nerfed

DJ89

Noob
New here , so hi .

I don't know if you's have had the update yet , but it appears that the clone now has a cool down period , before you can put another one straight out , those that have had the update have you's noticed ?

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Looks like the Ice Clone freeze mid-combo in the corner doesn't work anymore. Can someone confirm this?

I am talking about:

B2, B2, D1, B12~Clone.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Looks like the Ice Clone freeze mid-combo in the corner doesn't work anymore. Can someone confirm this?

I am talking about:

B2, B2, D1, B12~Clone.
Still works. You just still have to time it when the opponent is close to the ground.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The b2 b2 d1 combo still works but you have to remember that if you start it while the clone is behind you for example, and disappears (during second b2) it wont come out after b12 because of the cooldown. Sounds like a pretty big nerf to me.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
After further read I stand corrected: 2 seconds CD is not a nerf. But why the hell clone disappears after blocked attack? THAT I'd call a big nerf.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So apparently Raiden's superman has hitbox in from of hurtbox in MKX instead of how it was in MK9 lol.
I didn't know why what was happening to SZ's clone pre-patch worked that way, but it's a bit clearer this time.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
After further read I stand corrected: 2 seconds CD is not a nerf. But why the hell clone disappears after blocked attack? THAT I'd call a big nerf.
They still have to get around the clone to hit you. Seems reasonable.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
They still have to get around the clone to hit you. Seems reasonable.
I remember autopiloting Raidens getting frozen during their teleport into b312 that pushed both Sub and themselves into clone in MK9.

Raiden's TP is shit now, but other characters with neutral tp may be MUs that sometimes can be affected by this change. That, and oldschool aggressive subs that would step in front of their clones sometimes got hit. Not that they needed to do that a lot in mkx though...

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
have you test it out? I thought after a clone disappears you have to wait 2 seconds more? I'm using PC so I can only wait and looking around to anticipate the upcoming nerf