What's new

I need advice.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I really like this character (Mean Streak specifically)

I'm struggling tho I use him too honest. AFter F223 I'm reacting like it's -10 when it's -2.

But all of his strings leave him negative. He has the F4 and the d1 to check.

How are you all maintaining pressure with him? What are your little nitty gritty setups you are doing to open people up outside of whiff punishing them?

Would anyone mind sharing some pseudo setups they have with him. I'm just trying to break down my current mental block with him.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I really like this character (Mean Streak specifically)

I'm struggling tho I use him too honest. AFter F223 I'm reacting like it's -10 when it's -2.

But all of his strings leave him negative. He has the F4 and the d1 to check.

How are you all maintaining pressure with him? What are your little nitty gritty setups you are doing to open people up outside of whiff punishing them?

Would anyone mind sharing some pseudo setups they have with him. I'm just trying to break down my current mental block with him.
I don’t use him a lot but basically I’d say start not finishing your strings and staggering them into throws or more strings. Since they are all safe anyways. Staggers are great for Kabal. Make them guess whether you’ll finish the string or not. :)

Know your enemy frames. If they have no 9f mid then abuse your -2 and mean streak cancels. You can basically disrespect them forever since their only answer is D1. Anything other than that and you tag them with D1 and keep going in. Mix hat with raw staggers and there are just too many combinations for them to guess right enough. At that point you start building shadow frames and can do whatever you want if they start playing scared.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I just picked him up, but played Kabal in MK9. Imo, its good to start with f2 ndc, and mix from there, since you are +3

Also, pay attention, that this poke, has good range, and really decent recovery. So, I would recommend to keep that poke, as often as possible in your mixup game.

11, leaves you with decent pushback for whiff punish, if you get the respect, you can follow with b12/b1 into grab or NDC, what comes next, depends, on your opponents further response, so you need study your opponents habits, and IQ, level of understanding the mechanics and so on.

I like to use f3, ndc, because it gives you +8 , so no end of your turn, and its less likely that you will lose to a poke.

F22 law saw, is also good, or ex saw. It's a pseudo 50/50.

Finishing strings, pokes with ex saws, leaves you at -1, walk back, and punish pokes, or maintain pressure.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Awesome, I'll look into F3~NDC, F2~NDC, and using them to ensure I at least get F4 1+3 check off of them.

Basically I need to hit the lab a lot more and get more confident with his numbers and the options of my opponent, and you know, stop messing up the NDC and running into peoples faces.

Any other little tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are most of you ending your BNB's in hook slam? I was playing a Noob last night that would hold his breakaway to when I would do 4~hook slam. He would drop out after the 4 and he could 113 punish the whiffed hook slam. It was really really clever.