What's new

I need a PS4 pad for tournament

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Planning on going to SCR as first major, I play on XB1.

I plan to buy a PS4 pad and titan one converter to get familiar with the pad before I go

Whats the general concensus on the best PS4 pad? Or what is the best if your opinion?

Danke.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Hori Fighting Commander 4 is the best PS4 pad out right now imo (and it's wired) aren't Titan One converters banned at basically every major now though?
He is using it to train on his xbone so he can get used to the controller. He won't use the convertor in tournament obviously, why would you need aps4 controller convertor when you are playing on ps4?

Jolt

Uprise
Hori Fighting Commander 4 is the best PS4 pad out right now imo (and it's wired) aren't Titan One converters banned at basically every major now though?
I think he meant he's using the Titan One for personal use at home (to familiarize with the pad).

But I 100% agree, the Hori Fighting Commander is possibly the best pad available for PS4. They also have a FPS controller with a touchpad, but I have not personally tried it

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I think that was a real person not a spam bot lol.
I'm not fully convinced lol who makes an account JUST to promote a single product when they don't even work there, and literally exclusively talk about it. The shit the dude said sounded like it was copy and pasted millions of times lol

The Hori fight commander pad is pretty good, being wired and all. The only problem I had with it was I found it difficult to do instant air teleports with Tanya with that pad than with the PS4 pad, just to let you know.

Jolt

Uprise
The Hori fight commander pad is pretty good, being wired and all. The only problem I had with it was I found it difficult to do instant air teleports with Tanya with that pad than with the PS4 pad, just to let you know.
Out of curiosity (definitely not saying that you're wrong since I've moved from pad to stick anyways) did you try any of the tweaks that the controller provides such as expanding or reducing the range of diagonal inputs? That could make a difference good or bad in the execution of such tactics. Same with rotating the d-pad even if it feels a little awkward at first

n1kosh

Train harder
Planning on going to SCR as first major, I play on XB1.

I plan to buy a PS4 pad and titan one converter to get familiar with the pad before I go

Whats the general concensus on the best PS4 pad? Or what is the best if your opinion?

Danke.
The first thing that you should know:
-his R2 always breaking down
-change block on R1

I just feel real comfortable with the Xbox One controller that I am just going to go with a converter and hope for the best. Probably gonna get both converters and see how they work. I'm just not a fan of the ps4 controller. It amazes how good some people are with it

Redux

Ex Phase
I have been using a Hori Fight Commander 4 for 3 months now, it is by far the best pad available.
just curious are the r1 and r2 on the front of the pad a bother, or is there a way to dsable them easily? I've been wanting to try out the hori for a while but am kinda hesitant because of that.

TKB

Noob
just curious are the r1 and r2 on the front of the pad a bother, or is there a way to dsable them easily? I've been wanting to try out the hori for a while but am kinda hesitant because of that.
They concerned me at first but are not even remotely a problem. Just don't use them. The biggest change is the buttons are placed slightly to the left from where they are on the dual shock 4.

Both of these are banned at majors.
He isn't buying a converter for the tournament, just to practice at home. He's getting a PS4 pad to practice on his X1

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Is that brook one a better converter?

I only really care about input lag, but if I like the hori enough I might use for XB1 tournament too so it being legal is a plus

+1 for the Hori FC4.
I like that pad a lot more than the DS4.
If you want to test out the DS4 pad, you can always attend one of your locals and try out the DS4 on a casual station.