What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Question about the Ninja Vortex: I've had some DS players try that against me recently and I just easily backdash out of it. Is the mix-up really in the vortex itself or will it be necessary to bait out the dashes and wake-ups as well? 'cause at that point it really isn't a vortex anymore.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Question about the Ninja Vortex: I've had some DS players try that against me recently and I just easily backdash out of it. Is the mix-up really in the vortex itself or will it be necessary to bait out the dashes and wake-ups as well? 'cause at that point it really isn't a vortex anymore.
I don't know, I caught Supes back dashing with the vortex plenty of times when I was playing a fellow STB clanmate, might be just timing...No idea -shrugs-.

karaokelove,

You can also do b1u2, you're still in range to catch them with the low

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't know, I caught Supes back dashing with the vortex plenty of times when I was playing a fellow STB clanmate, might be just timing...No idea -shrugs-.
Because it really isn't hard to see DS dashing in and jumping from a mile away. Press dem double Forward and boom, whiff punish.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
karaokelove
Mikman360
Hitoshura
Too lazy to tag others

Have any of you been using 123 as an ender? It's a hard knockdown and lets you 50/50 at all ranges. Weakens your combos but has more opportunity than sword flip.

Something like b1u2 j.1 123 as a basic combo.

Also j.1 has a phantom hitbox lol

What can you do after a blocked f.23? +9 is worthless with all that push and 3 is kind of slow. :v
Yups, that's the basis of the Ninja vortex. 123 and Ji1. it's beautiful, Ji1 provides a higher damage combo than J3, at the cost of some range.

F23 I prefer 32. On block, 32 is safe. You can just end there, or go into sword spin for more damage.
If they get hit, you can do 323, 12 xx Machine gun for 29%
32 will stuff even the fastest of reversals, but the perfect timing can be tricky.
B1 can miss if the opponent moves back and they're too far away. B2 is great though.

From what I know, only certain characters back dashes work. I have to do more testing. Even then, it's a guessing game considering only BACK dashes have invincibility. They have to guess which side you'll go to, otherwise they'll accidentally forward dash into your Ji1.

Reactions: RYX

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yups, that's the basis of the Ninja vortex. 123 and Ji1. it's beautiful, Ji1 provides a higher damage combo than J3, at the cost of some range.

F23 I prefer 32. On block, 32 is safe. You can just end there, or go into sword spin for more damage.
If they get hit, you can do 323, 12 xx Machine gun for 29%
32 will stuff even the fastest of reversals, but the perfect timing can be tricky.
B1 can miss if the opponent moves back and they're too far away. B2 is great though.

From what I know, only certain characters back dashes work. I have to do more testing. Even then, it's a guessing game considering only BACK dashes have invincibility. They have to guess which side you'll go to, otherwise they'll accidentally forward dash into your Ji1.
Also, what about Black Adam's Wake-up Lightning cage, Frost's Wake-up slide and Supes' Wake-up Super?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Also, what about Black Adam's Wake-up Lightning cage, Frost's Wake-up slide and Supes' Wake-up Super?

Adam's cage probably beats it, but that thing beats every wakeup shenanigan in the game.
Frosts slide will miss, if you can anticipate it like I do in the video, you can jump back and Ji1 punish it for a 35% combo
Superman's Super will most likely miss. It's too fast.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Adam's cage probably beats it, but that thing beats every wakeup shenanigan in the game.
Frosts slide will miss, if you can anticipate it like I do in the video, you can jump back and Ji1 punish it for a 35% combo
Superman's Super will most likely miss. It's too fast.
I think it'd be helpful if we were to make a list on characters/moves that could escape the Vortex much like DaiHuu 's LowGS safety list.

We should also do a list of characters/moves that could get out of his LowGS trap after a mid-screen Sword Flip.

^ nvm that one. I don't even think it's worth doing LowGS anymore since it's only 1% as opposed to 2.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Did you reply "AND with a nerfed character!"?
No he wasnt good enough for that, im saving that for a special occasion, but what happened was that he kept on saying that I sucked so I replied that he lost so what does that make him and we kept going back in forth for like 20 minutes lol

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I think it'd be helpful if we were to make a list on characters/moves that could escape the Vortex much like @Daihuu's LowGS safety list.

We should also do a list of characters/moves that could get out of his LowGS trap after a mid-screen Sword Flip.

^ nvm that one. I don't even think it's worth doing LowGS anymore since it's only 1% as opposed to 2.
So does that mean that we get... more charts :)

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
No he wasnt good enough for that, im saving that for a special occasion, but what happened was that he kept on saying that I sucked so I replied that he lost so what does that make him and we kept going back in forth for like 20 minutes lol

I love extended rage conversations