What's new

I know theres alot of threads but...

TWOFACE_23

Can someone tell me a few combos to start off with ? In the official combos thread theres like 20 and i dont know witch ones are good for kitana beginners..

For beginners
F21 JK fan dash fan dash 2 fan dash 2 cutter - 37%
F41 dash 2 lift dash dash B2 fan dash fan dash 4 cutter - 38%
21 fan lift dash njp dash b2 fan dash fan dash 2 fan dash 2 cutter - 36%

Later on
F21 njp dash 4 fan dash 4 lift dash dash b2 fan dash fan dash 4 cutter - 45%
F41 dash 4 lift dash dash b2 fan dash fan dash 2 fan dash 2 cutter - 41%
21 fan lift dash fan dash b2 fan dash fan dash 2 fan dash 2 cutter - 38%

If I were you I would master this combo before anything:
F21, NJP, 2 fan, dash, 2 air lift, dash, dash, B2, air fan, ground fan, 2 cutter, 40%

Pretty easy combo once you master the NJP, the way I do is I wait for Kitana's jump animation to start after the F21 and then I jump and slip through 1 and 2.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
These guys covered it, but you need to also master dash blocking.

ff~block~f

It will make your double dash that is required in many combos easier plus it is a good skill to have when you need it (fullscreen aaAir Fan ^_^)

aj1701

Noob
This is one I can do fairly consistently, and I consider myself an advanced beginner :)

F21, B2~air fan, dash, fan, 2~cutter = 36%

I feel its not alot of moves, so there's not a lot to screw up.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
f+2,1, f+2~fan toss, dash, 2~lift, dash, dash, b+2~fan toss, dash, fan toss, dash, 4~cutter is very easy 40%.

jump in F2 1, B2 fan toss, dash, B2 fan toss. 37%, lol.

It's so simple, that I've never seen anyone do it except me.

SZSR

Noob
Hey guys, i'm teaching a friend how to play Kitana and showed them a stream but they wanted to know how to do the upwards air fan that Mr. Mileena does all the time. Since i'm a Smoke player, I couldn't show them much per strategy but I was able to show them combos and such.

So how do you do the upwards air fan throw?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You mean instant air fan? It depends. 16bit and CD both just do up, down, forward 1. But Mr Mileena and I do up, back, down, forward 1. The circular motion is much more natural IMO, but it comes down to personal preference. I've heard that it's easier to hit a standing opponent from fullscreen with the first technique, but I haven't had a problem with the other way.

If you're talking about the air fan going more vertical, I think you're referring to air fans being used twice in a combo. It's not a technique, it's a game mechanic to avoid infinites. It drops the opponent faster making it harder to continue a combo (but you can get a dash 2~cutter at the right distance). It's usually only used for an extra % or 2 in unbreakable combos. Also, from fullscreen it will not always connect as it is going upward.

You mean instant air fan? It depends. 16bit and CD both just do up, down, forward 1. But Mr Mileena and I do up, back, down, forward 1. The circular motion is much more natural IMO, but it comes down to personal preference. I've heard that it's easier to hit a standing opponent from fullscreen with the first technique, but I haven't had a problem with the other way.

If you're talking about the air fan going more vertical, I think you're referring to air fans being used twice in a combo. It's not a technique, it's a game mechanic to avoid infinites. It drops the opponent faster making it harder to continue a combo (but you can get a dash 2~cutter at the right distance). It's usually only used for an extra % or 2 in unbreakable combos. Also, from fullscreen it will not always connect as it is going upward.
That's what I do.