What's new

General/Other - Kenshi I keep hearing Kenshi is bad...

I was watching Pig play against Mr Mileena. Pig had a little excitement in his voice when he was doing the Possessed Tele options.

No, he's certainly no KJ, Sonya, or D'Vorah...but he's certainly not "really bad".

Everything he does is punishable which is a commonality in this game for half of the cast lol
yeah that clarification helps lol Balanced Kenshi is certainly his worst variation. It apparently loses to Piercing Mileena free.
These two quotes right here make it completely apparent to me that you have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
This character is bad , I was very excited to play as him and he was first character I tried out when mk came out. I droped him after 2-3 days and started to play erron black. Im not a pro player but 2-3 days was enough for me to tell that he is garbage. He needs a major buffs to his zoning to be viable.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
the problem with that is that those negative thoughts are facts, he is not good in the slightest, and you have no idea how much that hurts to say since kenshi is my favorite videogame character of all time, he is absolute garbage in this game but i will still use him because i love the character, yeah i will have a few back ups but my main is still kenshi. there is zero debating that he is bad because it is fact when all he can do is keep away and he fails at that. badly, you have no idea how much i wish this wasnt true. but it is. trust the kenshi mains on this ones, the people who have tried from day one to make him amazing, we have been cracking our heads together since the game came out to get some really good tech. we havent found any that redeems how horrible he is. he still has a chance to be good if someone finds a magic piece of tech that makes him incredible, but that is a very very low chance. typing all that out literally hurts when talking about kenshi because i dont want him to be this bad. but. he. is.
So your telling me my two mains in this game Reptile & Kenshi are garbage?...great.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Is this true, I was going to get this game but keep hearing my main is really weak, which is kinda putting me off, I know it's early but can anyone clue me in on the Kenshi situation thus far?
It's called downplay for buffs. NRS representatives read this forum and if they see that a character is not good enough, they'll buff that character by some luck.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I swear I feel like I'm the only one who uses Kenshi balanced, in a balanced way. I don't sit back and throw projectiles all day unless it's required. I'll go in on someone and rush them down with his slow normals. Mixing between rush, and keep away has always been my playstyle even if the character isn't really great at either.

Over all I think he is decent. Not terrible, but not great.

JDM

Noob
Kenshi isnt unusable. Id say balanced or possessed does extremely well against grandmaster sub zero, and does pretty well against a good amount of the cast.

Or maybe i just play people who don't know the Matchup. Hes definitely n out great but use able imo

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kenshi isnt unusable. Id say balanced or possessed does extremely well against grandmaster sub zero, and does pretty well against a good amount of the cast.

Or maybe i just play people who don't know the Matchup. Hes definitely n out great but use able imo
In my "living MU " chart I currently have balanced as 5-5 or better vs sub and 5-5 vs Cassie w potential 4-6

Pig Of The Hut

His friends who I assume are also pretty good since they too play competitively.
I'll check archive and be real w it

FTR possessed is best, been doing well w it in many MUs and is his only hope

This Kenjutsu up playing from people is absurd

Balanced is ok

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
1. Nothing in a launch NRS title ever stays the same. Don't condemn a game by its first month.
2. Because others can do what he does easier doesn't make him bad. Just more work.
3. Fun does not necessarily mean easy. I friggin' love hitting his AA because its just that godlike and it makes the character a blast for me. Same as how I really liked the rhythm of Shazam combos. Its just a thing. If you like something don't let how others feel about him deter you.
4.Even if he isn't top tier he isn't ass. He'll just have a higher demand on smart play than other cast will and if we can see the occassional IGAU Scorpion in Top 8 then you can't really rule anyone out.
5. If you ain't hitting tournies its not like its a career choice. Go have fun and enjoy a new MK.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Pig could I get a peak at your living tier list sometime? You lab a lot and I'm on a busted ass PC port. I'd like to get a feel for who you feel has the best options so far.

Also how do you feel about Swarm Queen D'vorah so far? Thought she might work for you as a backup.
@Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Pig could I get a peak at your living tier list sometime? You lab a lot and I'm on a busted ass PC port. I'd like to get a feel for who you feel has the best options so far.

Also how do you feel about Swarm Queen D'vorah so far? Thought she might work for you as a backup.
@Pig Of The Hut
I'll PM u it but just a heads up I'm not sending this to discuss it

As annoying as it sounds I don't wanna discuss it but will share