Kitana
Sonya
Smoke
Jax

In no order

Most under rated : kenshi , rain

Most over rated: reptile, RAI, mileena

Underused: Freddy
I really don't get how Raiden is "overrated" if only a handful of people use him. Also I can't say I agree with smoke being top 5.

Basically my unbiased reasoning for Raiden being top 5 or even top 3 is the fact that he has pretty much all of the tools to compete with anything in the game, assuming he does the right thing in the right situations/plays matchups right. Also he goes even with or has advantage over most of the cast. I remember back around EVO you said now I know I need to fear raiden (even though that was pre-nerf). I can't help but feel the reason you're demoting him tier-wise is because you don't really play many solid raidens.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
foxy is right,if you play with NIVEK you will change your opinion at once!!!!!!!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I really don't get how Raiden is "overrated" if only a handful of people use him. Also I can't say I agree with smoke being top 5.

Basically my unbiased reasoning for Raiden being top 5 or even top 3 is the fact that he has pretty much all of the tools to compete with anything in the game, assuming he does the right thing in the right situations/plays matchups right. Also he goes even with or has advantage over most of the cast. I remember back around EVO you said now I know I need to fear raiden (even though that was pre-nerf). I can't help but feel the reason you're demoting him tier-wise is because you don't really play many solid raidens.
At evo I had "zero" raiden experience but now I know exactly how to wreck him. I have played a lot of them ad I hope u come to final round mainly to hang out again but also to play about 20-30 offline matches w your raiden. I know where his holes are and as of now I don't fear raiden but I completely respect you w him. I know if I were to play u in a tourney it'd be one of the toughest matches ever.

I really hope we can play soon. We should get online games in during meantime , I don't think raiden is at advantage or even on some

B W1zZ

Noob
At evo I had "zero" raiden experience but now I know exactly how to wreck him. I have played a lot of them ad I hope u come to final round mainly to hang out again but also to play about 20-30 offline matches w your raiden. I know where his holes are and as of now I don't fear raiden but I completely respect you w him. I know if I were to play u in a tourney it'd be one of the toughest matches ever.

I really hope we can play soon. We should get online games in during meantime , I don't think raiden is at advantage or even on some
Well the way I see it strength is a weakness and weakness is a strength. I pretty much know where all of his holes are as well (interruptible strings, punishable teleport and superman etc). Basically my aim since I've been playing the character has pretty much been to push beyond the limitations he has and the developing of different strategies and tech for different situations. If someone or something is beating me the way I look at it is not that my character is weak or that the matchup is bad, but simply that I need to adjust my strategy, tech, and/or gameplay strategy.

For every weakness he has, he has a strength that nullifies said weakness. Like I've heard some other people say, Raiden is a very fundamental-dependent character, which in my opinion is why "JWOW" (justin wong) does well with him.

I don't think Raiden is on AS much advantage anymore, but he still has a lot of advantageous matchups imo. He's more balanced now than he was, kind of like Kung Lao post-nerf (I will continue to compete though, regardless).

But yeah we should play on PSN soon

MAN RAIDEN IS DUH BEST U IS STUPID I BE IN DAT TRAININ MODE USE INPUTS GONNA GET CROSSED UP ADD ME ON XBL PECKAPOWA ILL PECKA PLOW YA, BTW b321 IS THE BEST STRING IN THE GAME HOMEY

most raidens flowchart the fuck out of themselves and try gimmicky shit that doesnt work. I know because i was / am still tryig not to be one

Pig Of The Hut

MAN RAIDEN IS DUH BEST U IS STUPID I BE IN DAT TRAININ MODE USE INPUTS GONNA GET CROSSED UP ADD ME ON XBL PECKAPOWA ILL PECKA PLOW YA, BTW b321 IS THE BEST STRING IN THE GAME HOMEY
I smell 10 babalities coming someone's way lol

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Im tired of seeing this character mentioned in top 5 personally ive only played two Raidens that I consider good showings (B wizz, and FOREVER KING)

Those 2 players are totally solid and tops however i think raiden isnt near as good as you guys think unless theres something i just havent seen yet

I challenge every raiden in the book to ft10 - I desperately want someone to show me or explain to me why he's always being mentioned as a top 5 character yet we never EVER see raidens in tourneys or anywhere. Why is he so good?

Please dont mention JOP's raiden at evo because his raiden is light years behind B Wizz and forever king
The reason I know Raiden is one of the best characters in the game is strictly based on two things:
1. What the character has available to him.
2. Seeing how amazing he can be as a character with my experience of fighting against Nivek.

For the record, I was able to look past the fact that I was using CSZ, and that's not a great match for Raiden, nor did Nivek have the experience of fighting against him.

Thats my reasons.

He has everything a character needs.

Full screen punish dive, happens to be one of the fastest moves in the game, armoured version also available.
Good pokes.
Safe strings, especially :r:bp:bk - into dive on hit will give 25%
Good damage midscreen and in corners.
Gets off the ground for free.
Can't be zoned.
Solid anti air with :fp :d:l:bp :bp :d:r:bp, :r:bp:fk - Electric Fly
Forces the opponent to the corner with every combo.
Armoured 30% Combo - :en Electrocute, :bp :d:l:bp, :fk:fk:bk - Electric Fly
Safe :x with decent range
Enhanced Teleport as a mix up
Easily hit confirmable strings
Can zone certain characters out with a mix up of Projectile and Dive, and can take most of the opponents life out with just that.
Can play the life lead game better than most characters.

Has everything a character needs, and if these things don't make him one of the better characters in the game, then I don't know what will.

Pig Of The Hut

Id like to come out and say it

PL changed my mind a little about raiden

Damn that was impressive

Pig Of The Hut

TOP 5:

Kabal
Raiden
Kung Lao
Sonya
Smoke

I had Kitana in there at 4th, but Ive changed my mind in the last few days.

Raiden is great.
id replace lao w raiden and leave kit in there no question

thats just my opinion

1. Jax
2. Raiden
3. Kit
4. Sonya
5. Smoke

yea kabal is off the list

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Why he's top tier? He's the ultimate defense and has the best get me the fuck out here game.

He may not have cyrax's damage or kabal's pressure but he excels in every other aspect of the game...

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pig Of The Hut said:

thats just my opinion

1. Jax
2. Raiden
3. Kit
4. Sonya
5. Smoke

Kabal has the most 7:3 match ups in the game. That alone propels him to the top 5.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I fail to see why kitana dosent beat sonya.... LK zones her out and can almost match her normals. Also id say jax is questionable
first of all sonya is disgustingly good and i believe is one of the most underrated... she WILL not get zoned by liu cuz her projectile is faster and lius iafb are so diffcult to hit since hes tall and sonya is a low hitbox character---sonya tears liu up cuz once shes in liu will loose cuz he has no good wakeups and cannot deal with pressure good, trust me ik cuz i play liu. second i have not played a kitana that has given my sonya any troubles, all u have to do is wait for kitana cuz she cant spam all day long and sonyas offence is wait better than kitanas so u take damage with kitana, breaker, spam repeat??? she will not even get a chance to do anything. jax also gets tore up by sonya cuz sonya can turtle him all day if she wants.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?

thats just my opinion

1. Jax
2. Raiden
3. Kit
4. Sonya
5. Smoke

dude like i think kit should definately be off the list. if u think about it all u have to do when playing against kitana is anti poke her back and sit back on her, her offence isnt tht amazing. i havent played a kitana that has made me think otherwise that she should be top five
my opinion top 5 and reason in no order:
Kung Lao: amazing footsies and added safe strings which makes him a beast. can hardly make mistakes or ull get blown up for it

Kabal: amazing zoning, easy to play mind games with and if played to the T near imposible to read or pressure.

Sonya:amazing offence, has a dive kick which relieves pressure and has enhanced kartwheel which if read right u can destroy and blow up ppl for their wakeups/ pressure

Johnny cage: amazing offence, probably the meanest pressure machine in the game. extremely overwhelming and if u read opponents right u can easily tear them up. some say he does bad against zoners... all zoners do is push themselves to the corner and thats when johnny will kill u. the red kick and ex nutsmasher if very good if used at the right time.

Smoke: has moves that are advantage on block which is really good, prolly best zoning/ anti zoning in the game. smoke clouds/perrys=ftw. hard to get in this character and builds meter like a champ

would also like to say that i have not fought a raiden that has given me troubles. on a bad connection sometimes he does cuz i cannot punish his teleport or JIP very good. but offline i garentee i will not lose to a raiden and ik its very bold but i have had LOADS of experience dealing with online laggy raidens. pretty sure i wont have raiden troubles

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Top 5 in order....

Raiden
KL
Smoke
Kabal
Human Cyrax/Sonya/Kitana

The fact that no one saw or experienced PL's KL besides it getting beat by slips in the stream has made him underrated again.
KL is absolutely stupid.

obliv1on911

Peace and Love
first of all sonya is disgustingly good and i believe is one of the most underrated... she WILL not get zoned by liu cuz her projectile is faster and lius iafb are so diffcult to hit since hes tall and sonya is a low hitbox character---sonya tears liu up cuz once shes in liu will loose cuz he has no good wakeups and cannot deal with pressure good, trust me ik cuz i play liu. second i have not played a kitana that has given my sonya any troubles, all u have to do is wait for kitana cuz she cant spam all day long and sonyas offence is wait better than kitanas so u take damage with kitana, breaker, spam repeat??? she will not even get a chance to do anything. jax also gets tore up by sonya cuz sonya can turtle him all day if she wants.
I guess you didn't watch the match between Reo Sonya and CD-JR JAX did you?
Well Sonya got destroy by CD-jr Jax...