What's new

I can't take ranked games seriously with that combo breaker nonsense

Imagine this, you're about to win a game, you've spent most of your metre on a combo and then bam, combo breaker and they get all that health back. This has happened to me alot. I left SF5 because it was tailored to casuals but Injustice 2 doesn't seem any better. What happened to the time when fighting games didn't have all this bs?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Clashes and combo breakers have been a mechanic in NRS games since some of the first MKs.

You have to have the foresight to understand your opponents meter, how much meter you have, and which of your moves are clashable. Universally F3 and B3 are not so any combos utilizing B3 can be ended with F3 for unclashable damage and a knockdown.

Personally I love the clash system. It gives the game an extra layer and promotes putting thought into meter management and the betting system.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Imagine this, you're about to win a game, you've spent most of your metre on a combo and then bam, combo breaker and they get all that health back. This has happened to me alot. I left SF5 because it was tailored to casuals but Injustice 2 doesn't seem any better. What happened to the time when fighting games didn't have all this bs?
UMK3/SF2 and a few others have netplay, you are welcome to find ways to play them.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Like Zoidberg said, clashes have been a mechanic for a while. They are an Injustice staple mechanic, and clash is most definitely not suited for casuals. Casuals just super as soon as they have full bar so they don't save any for clash, never mind know how to trigger it lol. Make sure to go through the game's tutorial to become familiar with the game's mechanics.

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
Learning how to finish an opponent with unclashable damage is a great thing to know. It will be a tool that can make a difference of you winning the match. What character do you play? The community for your character would gladly help you. I know flash has a few different unclashable things he can do

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
I like to just do one hit of different strings back to back when they're low on health and watch them hold forward til they die. It's hilarious because they want to clash so bad.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Shrug. It's not only part of the game, it adds depth and strategy. It's by no means a scrub-saver and, lest we forget, you get one too, so it's not like it's some unique thing you can't take advantage of yourself.

I'm just going to start zoning and spamming with red hood now
Tbh red hood has a mediocre zoning game. If you want to "zone and spam" as you call it play deadshot.

The clash system is not tailored towards casuals. Good players won't let people clash or make them take damage if they do. If you're spending all your meter on combos maybe you should at your meter management.

scootleberry

Gombaaay...
If anything the clash system is not for casuals at all. As youphemism said, casual just mash super. Clash adds another layer of thought to the game and more mind games. How much are they gonna spend? Should I spend x amount to win or do I lose on purpose to keep me meter for a winning combo etc. if you can't handle the deeper level. Go play Star Wars masters of terakasi