What's new

Strategy I Bring You the Gift of Pain - Patch 1.06 Discussion

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
i was asking what stings or normals end in hard knockdowns... not what is a hard knockdown
Oh. Sorry. I read that as a snarky comment like, "what about these tools that you're discounting?"

23, 123, Sword flip, sweep. There are others, but those are the most likely ones you'll use (since everything DS does basically ends in flip).

Oh. Sorry. I read that as a snarky comment like, "what about these tools that you're discounting?"

23, 123, Sword flip, sweep. There are others, but those are the most likely ones you'll use (since everything DS does basically ends in flip).
i wonder if you will get trait activation off full screen combo finisher? the 231 i think? the combo that ends in full screen gunshot push?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
i wonder if you will get trait activation off full screen combo finisher? the 231 i think? the combo that ends in full screen gunshot push?

I'm sorta theorizing on stuff like this as well. I'm almost certain that D2 xx Trait and 32 xx Trait will be guaranteed now. 23 xx Trait or 231, Trait could be a possibility.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm still very new to The Stroke, but was Trait heavily used to begin with?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm still very new to The Stroke, but was Trait heavily used to begin with?

The complete opposite. When I play DS I forget the 4 button is there.

I do use it very occasionally though against characters who have no way of reaching me from full-screen when they respect Guns too much.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
What's his most advantageous string?

Not sure at the moment, but you also have to consider a few other factors. Is it a hard knockdown, is it special cancellable, knockdown distance, etc.

23 is the only special cancellable HKD DS has. 231 has incredibly long range knockback.

The reason 32 and D2 work is because they are both special cancellable and have extremely horizontal/vertical knockbacks.

Rude

The complete opposite. When I play DS I forget the 4 button is there.

I do use it very occasionally though against characters who have no way of reaching me from full-screen when they respect Guns too much.
So what's with the panic over the trait...I guess it's a nerf?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Not sure at the moment, but you also have to consider a few other factors. Is it a hard knockdown, is it special cancellable, knockdown distance, etc.

23 is the only special cancellable HKD DS has. 231 has incredibly long range knockback.

The reason 32 and D2 work is because they are both special cancellable and have extremely horizontal/vertical knockbacks.

I know but it's good to start with the most advantageous string since we're not going to be doing any testing on 12 x Trait any time soon. I'm trying to approach this the same way I did Zod.

Rude

I get that. What I don't understand is this, "DS is low tier now" talk. What's that about? At worst, he seems mid-tier. Well-rounded. Solid. Like cupcakes.

Wouldn't it be kewl if DS could activate trait in the air?

3231 trait yo
Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahh.

Yo dawg, I'm Deathstroke and I'mma slash your head with mah sword skillz,
Thought that was it? Lemme slash you again!
I'm not done yet, I'll knock you up with an upward slash,
I'll give you a Liu Kang dragon kick to yo face, while you an' I are still airborne,
Then I'll give a voice message to my earth-shakin' lady and tell her I'll be back home in a minute,
After I've shot my target to hell!

'Tis the Slade life. Contract fulfilled.

Anyway, I think the changes are alright, except for that cooldown time, but I think we can manage.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I get that. What I don't understand is this, "DS is low tier now" talk. What's that about? At worst, he seems mid-tier. Well-rounded. Solid. Like cupcakes.

Dave is the only one that says DS is Low. And non-DS players think he's Top Tier. Nobody but us actual DS players know where he belongs. And frankly, we don't give a flying fuck.

Rude

I think DS is pretty great. He's hella fun to play. Tier be-damned.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Dave is the only one that says DS is Low. And non-DS players think he's Top Tier. Nobody but us actual DS players know where he belongs. And frankly, we don't give a flying fuck.

Actually, the DS forum is the most tier driven forum I've ever seen. It's pretty hilarious.