What's new

Question - Flame Fists I am a Disgrace to the Wu Kang family

Lone

KHAOTIC
I've been working on it since yesterday, I got it to land twice out of many attempts. I can do fireballs and flying kick but not windmill punches. I believe it's the extra F that's causing me to miss it?

@Percimon, want to be more specific than just input WP as SF starts?

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
I've been working on it since yesterday, I got it to land twice out of many attempts. I can do fireballs and flying kick but not windmill punches. I believe it's the extra F that's causing me to miss it?

@Percimon, want to be more specific than just input WP as SF starts?
well, I always input WP when animation of attacks (i mean attacks before dd1) ends. For example, you want to do 112->dd1->fbf4. So you should press fbf4 when you see that animation of "2" in 112 string ends (because dd1 has really quick start-up so it's difficult to press fbf4 immediately when it starts).
+ watch your inputs in training mode!! it's very important, because if you press fbuf4 or smth like that (and it happens in most cases when you start doing dd1->fbf4 cancel) instead of fbf4, there'll be no WP.
As for me dd1->fbf4 cancel is as difficult as pressure with DFC in Dragon's Fire variation.

Lone

KHAOTIC
I find run cancels a lot easier but I've been doing them longer than the WP link. I figured it was time more than anything. So, I have to incorporate this and more consistent IAFBs :confused:

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Can someone give me tips on how to link dd1 into windmill punch???

Talking about flame fist.

Thanks in advance

I was wondering why nobody asked this question yet, I felt like it was impossible when I started picking up liu after the FF buff

I found that I could only get it consistently by sight. Input the cancel right as/right before liu slams his fists together. Once you get it a few times and see the moment you need to cancel its just a matter of practicing the cancel a bit everyday. It's important to note that this seems to only really work for the windmill punch cancel, the other cancels out of dd1 seem to workd best if done a little earlier.

Mad respect to any FF player, because those cancels are both crucial and difficult.

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
Wow seems like liu kang players have no execution at all. Just kidding. Can't really add much to that so all I could say is good luck murk and Liu Kang friends while I enjoy myself by playing Johnny

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Murk its all timing practice doing wp on hit then doing wp immediately afterwards and see how tight you can get the 2nd WP, even though it doesn't combo that timing you do to use the recovery frames to buffer the next wp is the same timing your going to use for WP, SF, WP or EX WP. i believe there is only a 2-3 frame Window to execute the WP or EX WP after regular Shaolin Flame.

in my recent Matches you can see me sometimes struggle to get the timing down, my corner combo with kang is F44 WP xx SF xx WP low fireball. you can also do it mid screen to blow up people trying to armor in between WP xx db2. just practice this because its the best way to keep people honest when they block WP, you can all so EX WP xx SF xx EX WP db2 for good chip that forces them to jump, but with a read you can do EX WP xx EX SF NJ into 60% combos for trying to do that.

I was wondering why nobody asked this question yet, I felt like it was impossible when I started picking up liu after the FF buff

I found that I could only get it consistently by sight. Input the cancel right as/right before liu slams his fists together. Once you get it a few times and see the moment you need to cancel its just a matter of practicing the cancel a bit everyday. It's important to note that this seems to only really work for the windmill punch cancel, the other cancels out of dd1 seem to workd best if done a little earlier.

Mad respect to any FF player, because those cancels are both crucial and difficult.
Yea this one thing is holding my flame fist back from leveling up. Its annoying lol

One of the reasons why I kind of dropped Lou. The timing for me is to inconsistent and you have to be on point with him always