What's new

Question how to throw tech

omooba

fear the moobs
is there some secret option select throw teching tech that i don't know about cus it seems like high level players tech throw at a suspicious rate. i know a lot of games have something like this sf4 and recently found out sf5 might have it too sooooo if one of you professionals could let me in on this would really appreciate it

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
90% of the time you have to tech a forward throw so that's the hard part taken care of. After that it's just reaction

There's no option select for throw techs. Fortunately, XL increased the throw escape window.

Throws are 50/50s because they have 1 animation. The meta involved with throw escapes correlates with positional advantage. Meaning that your opponent is more likely to throw towards the corner if their back is against the corner, or if you're closer to the corner.

Being aware of your position onscreen will increase your chances of escaping a throw.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Totally unrelated to this thread by I just want to ask: Is there a "zoning" (or projectile spamming) character in SFV? I mean like Kitana whose instant air fan is a crucial part of game plan, she also has a good ground projectile. I'm really in love with all the instant air spammable moves. I'm trying to learn SFV.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Totally unrelated to this thread by I just want to ask: Is there a "zoning" (or projectile spamming) character in SFV? I mean like Kitana whose instant air fan is a crucial part of game plan, she also has a good ground projectile. I'm really in love with all the instant air spammable moves. I'm trying to learn SFV.
Im not a huge sfv fan but i think guile has a cool little projectile. Although idk if u can do it in the air

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Does anyone actually know if plinking covers both bases in regards to throw teching?

Good question.

I'm pretty sure a system was put in game where the first button within inputs is chosen with priority over the others.

Let's say you were mashing 1 but accidentally hit 2, it'll probably just ignore that 2 and go for the input you wanted.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Good question.

I'm pretty sure a system was put in game where the first button within inputs is chosen with priority over the others.

Let's say you were mashing 1 but accidentally hit 2, it'll probably just ignore that 2 and go for the input you wanted.
That's what I would assume too, and it would be stupid as hell if plinking did work. I was just curious to see if anyone has actually tested it

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
If you're holding block, you can't. If you're not holding block, you can throw tech. Guys that complain about the throw tech generally have developed the habit of blocking everything on reaction - including throws. Guys who use evasion and blocking to defend have a much easier time with it.

If you're holding block, you can't. If you're not holding block, you can throw tech. Guys that complain about the throw tech generally have developed the habit of blocking everything on reaction - including throws. Guys who use evasion and blocking to defend have a much easier time with it.
Oh so to tech a throw you can't be holding block, say on a wake up?

I don't think you can in any situation, but if you can on wake-up - that would be news I'de like to know.
Oh ok. So to tech a throw say a forward throw you'd have to press 2 or 4 immediately after the throw starts? That's it no movement on the pad/stick?