What's new

How to prepare for Injustice and learn other Fighting Game mechanics?

axeman87

Noob
With Injustice being Back Block, I was thinking of getting a fighter that has this to get used to it.

MK9 is the first fighter I've played for anything more that just the lolz and I've mostly only played MK fighters in general so I'm very used to a Block Button and the mechanics that come with it.

I've played a little SSFIV and thats about it really. I was thinking of grabbing SF Vs Tekken maybe.

For those that have played it, is it comparable to anything, or does it play closer to MK9 overall with learning another fighter, despite having Back Block doing more harm that good?

Briyen

Noob
With Injustice being Back Block, I was thinking of getting a fighter that has this to get used to it.

MK9 is the first fighter I've played for anything more that just the lolz and I've mostly only played MK fighters in general so I'm very used to a Block Button and the mechanics that come with it.

I've played a little SSFIV and thats about it really. I was thinking of grabbing SF Vs Tekken maybe.

For those that have played it, is it comparable to anything, or does it play closer to MK9 overall with learning another fighter, despite having Back Block doing more harm that good?
i was thinking about that too for a bit! i'd probably go with UMvC3 because it has 3 buttons for combos like InJustice and back to block, and super heroes hah

MK9 has the same combo/juggle system though as injustice , which i love

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Its a cross between Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and SSFIV. It has a SSFIV feel and movement along with its original character blueprints. Like MVC3, you can land an insanely damaging combo from hit-confirming off any kind of normal into a universal juggle button and you call in your partner for a gangbang of juggles (for most characters) and maybe even a super move. It even has a poor man's X-factor being Pandora mode.

It's heavy on combos and footsie conversions (like MK9 kind of), so you better have good execution coming into this game. I like it a lot, and its really cheap in price. A patch is coming out that's hopefully going to overhaul all the balance issues. Give it a shot.

If you don't like other fighting games, then don't play them. You can prep for Injustice just fine playing only MK. You just need to level up hard and knowing your spacing, as that's universal in every fighting game.

It wouldn't be a bad idea dabbling in other fighting games though, like SF4. The new dash and new blocking system can take some time getting used to. In fact, the most difficult time I've had adjusting from MK to SF wasn't the block button, but the dash.

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city

sfxtk is garbage.... stick with ssf4 or blazblue

axeman87

Noob
If you don't like other fighting games, then don't play them. You can prep for Injustice just fine playing only MK. You just need to level up hard and knowing your spacing, as that's universal in every fighting game.

It wouldn't be a bad idea dabbling in other fighting games though, like SF4. The new dash and new blocking system can take some time getting used to. In fact, the most difficult time I've had adjusting from MK to SF wasn't the block button, but the dash.
Well... I dont really mainly because they just feel so camp. MK does and always has felt badass, which is how I like my fighters, not full of flashing lights, ridiculous poses and even sillier moves.

Nothing stood out for me about the dash difference between MK9 & SFIV, although I only played it for a couple of weeks and never touched it again.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I play MK9 for lulz. The game is garbage. Injustice seems like a UMVC3 copycat with the idiocy of MK9 engine.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Playing other games won't really prepare you for Injustice, in my opinion. As I've been taught before, your fighting game fundamentals will be forced to undergo adaptation whenever you step into other fighters, because no two fighters are ever the same 100%.

The only thing you can do is keep yourself strong with what you specialize in and be ready to tackle Injustice hard when it lands.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
NRS is an excellent team, who knows what they are doing ..... their experience with MK, in the past, I'm sure they will delivery something very good on Injustice ..... Maybe Injustice will be even a better game than SSF4 AE, who knows ? I always liked MK over SF, so, I think Injustice is another FG franchise that come to stay ..... NRS know how to do a fg game.

axeman87

Noob
I guess spacing on cross over punches is the main thing I can think of that will affect the absence of a Block Button.

Hows the Back Block going to work anyway? You still move back, but Block an attack so how do games like SF detect a block instead of moving. Assuming the mechanic is as simple as Block if Incoming Attack if holding Back.

Why do people hate this game so much? Never played it, but I was thinking of picking it up.
It's the most boring fighting game out there with the most evil company behind it and the most disqusting business practices dragging it even deeper into the shithole. And with all that it even goes further and doesn't do the Tekken characters much justice, but everyone was expecting that.

Does that answer your question, son?

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
It's the most boring fighting game out there with the most evil company behind it and the most disqusting business practices dragging it even deeper into the shithole. And with all that it even goes further and doesn't do the Tekken characters much justice, but everyone was expecting that.

Does that answer your question, son?
Yep. Thanks.

Will players from other games have a leg up on MK only players?
Which games would you recommend learning the basics of?

I was thinking about this today. With HBTB and legit cross ups, would learning SF4 at the basic be a good idea for those who want to be one step ahead of the competition when it drops?

What about the cancel ability of normals/specials? Im not sure if they are FADC-esque or similar to something else.

Thoughts, opinions?

Picking up SF4 wouldn't be a bad idea as the movement would be similar (unless they changed it so you can dash cancel in injustice).

For the most part, it probably won't be necessary to pick up another fighting game if you don't want to. Having solid fundamentals in MK will likely transfer over to injustice. In other words, level up hard in MK.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
To get use to BTB and crossups? If you can find AE cheap and it's that important to you go for it lol. Personally I would say to play through the extensive tutorial mode IGAU will have and play through the story. By the time you're done with those it should be second nature.

I already own SF4ae but never got into it, got hooked on fighting games with MK9 and decided to try others. Plus its only like $15 brand new if anyone wanted to buy it lol.

My foot is an avatar just because. Also, that is my actual foot. :D

While training/tutorial/story mode for IGAU Im sure will be awesome. I think people may be underestimating how different IGAU will play from MK9 and SF4 players are going to have a leg up for maybe the first few months while others adjust to the different gameplay. I actually already starting re-learning everything but dont plan to play it past IGAUs release.

This is a competitive gameplay forum, Im just looking out for any of the MK family moving to Injustice with the goal of being champ!

I highly doubt SF players are gonna dominate from the start. Injustice will be different from MK and SF. It doesn't matter what fighting game you've played, you will have to adjust just like everyone else. For this reason, you will need to develop solid fighting game fundamentals, not SF fundamentals. This means spacing and figuring out the ground game. You can develop both by just playing MK.

SLy

Noob
Will players from other games have a leg up on MK only players?
Which games would you recommend learning the basics of?

I was thinking about this today. With HBTB and legit cross ups, would learning SF4 at the basic be a good idea for those who want to be one step ahead of the competition when it drops?

What about the cancel ability of normals/specials? Im not sure if they are FADC-esque or similar to something else.

Thoughts, opinions?
Its not going to get you ahead of the game but its gonna keep you up to speed of how to block properly.
AE will definitely get your defense up for the time being..

Why is you're avatar a foot :confused:
This made me lol hard

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Play King of Fighters 13. Seriously. Its your best training tool for this.

Crossups. Negative edge. Mixups and cancels out the ass. The game itself is based on canceling moves into other moves and largely the good stuff is super cancels at the cost of meter. Play it, learn it, live it, love it. If you can get good at it you will own the ass off someone in Injustice as casually as you absorb its mechanics and own them with footsy mindgames.

KoF XIII is likely the best fighter on the market right now anyway in all areas aside from story and online mode. And it only loses in story to the Godliness that is MK IMO because Blaz Blue is a clusterfuck that requires one huge investment as you need to have played all its game to even start to get its stuff right. Its as bad as Kingdom Hearts at times though so yeah MK then KoF.

Go play KoF to prep for Injustice is my opinion. You'll do better learning it than Street Fighter because you'll learn cancels. Plus it has the SAME double KO thing if it matters. If the whole 3 man marathon aspect of team building throws you just focus on the 1vs1 aspect of the game and train up with your friends that way for Injustice. Either way use it to prep for this. Its your smartest choice as FADC is not the same as the kind of cancels in Injustice.