What's new

Video/Tutorial - Takeda How to Deal with Takeda f12 2+4 cancel pressure.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Holy fuck he was possibly wrong about the character being viable or not, can we just fucking discuss the options presented int he vid & stop wasting time with blowups?
i like the ideas man, this is why i made the thread, i do not know everything

talk to 16 bit, talk to anyone who i was with at Combo Breaker and you will realize that you are wrong about me, i have grown up since the INJ days of trying to be the best flash or best takeda or whatever, and people who really know me, KNOW that i am not passive aggressive, i don't do that pussy shit. if really felt some way about repraptor getting top 8 with these strats i would have made a huge deal about it. i would have tried to blow up and discredit his opponents confrontational, but i digress this was not my intention. redraptor was downplaying himself all weekend while i stood there and told him he was a good player, you can ask him this yourself.

also about spreading lies, Lying implies that the information is objective. if i THINK takeda sucks does not mean i am lying when he turns out to be good. just means i was wrong and i admitted to everyone at combo breaker, just not on here or publicly because 16 bit gave me good advice on sharing my opinions on forums and what it does and i tried to stop that, hence why i did complain at all about takeda since combo breaker (you can ask him yourself if he told me this, and i was trying to take it to heart).
Its ok to be wrong about a character's viability. Lord knows I've been wrong too. I will apologize for that talking point. But like I said, the making of this thread had a sense of passive-aggressiveness to it that I didn't like. Maybe I was wrong about that too, but I felt the need to say something.

My points have been made. Carry on.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Man I was going to post that video... damn you @Wemfs !!!

@Zyphox i love you but Takeda does have options to blow up armor (see video above). You have to counter their armor with your own but if it gets blocked then ggs. It basically turns it into a 50/50 situation for both players. Some characters armor are so slow that you can do a tele cancel and block in time to punish.

If they are looking to armor out, you can just do f12 and go from there. They can OS armor after f12 (either blocking the next hit of the string or armoring right after f12) but then you can just do f12 then block and punish.

For Quan you don't have to worry about his armor because it gets stuffed by kunai.

Some characters can't even armor through because their armor comes out so slow. This includes: Ferra/Torr, Kotal Kahn and Goro

They can backdash but you are pretty much safe midscreen. In the corner, they can blow you up but if you do a tele cancel you can do the same.

Like others have said, you can also throw in f12+4 to mix them up, and some characters can't armor through it at point blank range.

I don't think this really hurts Takeda, it just evolves the meta. If you watch my matches vs. King I attempted to blow up his armor with EX Fist Flurry but I guessed wrong and he ended up blocking it. I tried it again the 2nd time he armored through my string but it didn't come out. :(
there we go this is literally all i was asking for, a discussion for options, i know i don't know everything, which is why i posted the video on tym and all takeda players can learn from the responses. i didn't see your video before posting this so my bad on that. i just don't understand why people have to blow me up still when i have good intentions.

Wigy

There it is...
This forum is a like the diary of a girl on her period these days. Can everybody stop being mad drama queens. He posted this information who gives a shit why, its useful.

Zyphox

Its ok to be wrong about a character's viability. Lord knows I've been wrong too. I will apologize for that talking point. But like I said, the making of this thread had a sense of passive-aggressiveness to it that I didn't like. Maybe I was wrong about that too, but I felt the need to say something.

My points have been made. Carry on.
had it been anyone else making this thread with the exact same words i guarantee you would not have taken it that way, all i ask is for the benefit of the doubt, before getting blown up about something i'm not doing. i'm really trying to have a change of heart, exploring my options. maybe i should have it made known so that everyone can hit there reset button when it comes to how they think about my post? i'm really just trying to level up and intake as much knowledge as i can get and spread information to help people instead of trying to say takeda sucks and shit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think Takeda is probably better than was thought, but we should have learned our lesson by now about assuming character tier placement from early Top 8's.

Remember Ares, Green Arrow, Rain, Cyber Sub Zero

Generally not a great idea. Better to just keep labbing and see where the chips fall.

Last edited:

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
As someone that lost to @RedRaptor10 in Winner Finals. I learned the matchup to "some" degree Thursday at GGA with him. But in the heat of the moment and the staggering of strings it's pretty difficult to react and punish any and everything. Yes I admit I could have known more about the matchup. But I really do emphasize the stagger of F1,2,2+4 or F1,2+4 can become overwhelming. Alot of times I attempted to armor what I thought I could but nothing ever came out. The string feels like it has some strange block stun properties.

@Zyphox really do appreciate you putting out a video to inform the community. Even if they "blow you up" for it.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
During the NRS stream people felt Lasher was going to be OP due to the overhead.

It wasn't until today that I even remembered he had that variation. I'm guessing Lasher isn't as versatile as the other two?

If Takeda is a telepath, how did he not see this coming?
I have tech with Lasher and use it alot. But until I'm recognized as someone actually playing takeda I'm not sharing shit

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
WTF that was trepound going around saying that bro, don't even try to say that it was me saying that shit, when trepound lost to him thats what he was saying and i was defending repraptor, SMH TYM never fucking change.
Don't shoot the messenger. All I'm saying is two guys came up to michaelangelo and started telling him you said that. Didn't know the guys. But that's what I heard. You seemed like an alright gentleman during our encounter but have been known to be salty. So I believed it

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
i've wanted to make this thread and video for 3 days now but i got sick after combo breaker and couldn't do it. anyway before i say anything, again congrats to @RedRaptor10 for making top 8 at Combo Breaker. this video is in no way shape or form trying to discredit you or any players that you played at Combo breaker because MU knowledge is a skill you must learn in NRS games. i think you did a great job using what was given to you and you taught me a lot about takeda and MKX in general with your play last weekend. all credit for this video goes to Redraptor as he is the one who showed me this can be done.

Now the reason i'm even posting this is because i want the takeda community to not rely on f12 2+4 pressure so much in the event that you run into someone who knows the MU. like any character we all need to find a way to execute a gameplan incase plan A and plan B go south.

again most of the cast you can still do f12 2+4 and tele cancel on the first hit and be safe if you block, but this opens up opportunity for the opponent to initiate offense if he knows thats your only option. against faster characters committing to f12 2+4 is like committing suicide and it really sucks. Sub zero is one of takeda worst MU's IMO because of this.

Anyway takeda's of tym discuss what you think we can do to have a back up plan incase someone knows the above.

*note Quan Chi actually will get hit after armoring f12 2+4 if you cancel into spear or close kunai on reaction.
no offense but the fact that it's all unsafe as you showed just proves that the character can mix up the fact that he is unsafe and can change his pattern in any which way. Sometimes the best mix up is putting the unsafe things out there as a bait to even get a player off a bar of meter. you could also make a read on the back dash lets say if you know the player knows these options. I don't fault raptor for exploiting the lack of experience certain players had against takeda but when you start to understand and know the options the takeda player has it can also work against you and reset the yomi in the match.

TL: DR

Play the player and not the match up that's how it works in a 2/3 setting.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Scorpion? Takeda? Heh. Fools.

Here at the Lin Kuei, we don't have such student-Grandmaster debacles.

We were once accused of being wrong. Instead of apologize, we plunged an icicle through their spines. Why?

Scorpion was a fraudulent teacher if Takeda ends up having gaps in his strings. If he wasn't out kidnapping children perhaps Takeda could have learned more from Kenshi instead.

In time I'm sure you'll all do the right thing, and join the Lin Luei.

I'll wait.

Zyphox

Don't shoot the messenger. All I'm saying is two guys came up to michaelangelo and started telling him you said that. Didn't know the guys. But that's what I heard. You seemed like an alright gentleman during our encounter but have been known to be salty. So I believed it
thanks for responding, just to clarify again these people came up to him before or after top 16? i just want to know a time frame because it could have been around the same time trepound was saying that to me really loudly as bugman can attest to and it could be they thought i had said it idk. not sure who these people were i just hope they aren't trying to spread lies about me to get me blown up on purpose.

REO

Undead
I still think Takdea and Kotal Kahn are lower tier regardless of their tier placements last weekend. When I was watching them play in top 16, I was thinking more of "Dang, these players are good" instead of "dang, Takeda and Kotal Kahn are up there". There's always gonna be characters lower on the tier in a game no matter how balanced the game is.

Balance wise MKX >>>>>>>>> Injustice & MK9

I'm proud of Paulo. These games just keep getting better and better. Our games are growing up too fast.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This community is dumb then a hamster. @Zyphox right about @Trepound380. He was salty when he said lost to a day one Takeda playing at Combo Breaker. He was right behind me saying that that Takeda player was basic and scrub.
It's weird. If I were trying to give myself some credit after losing, I wouldn't accuse my opponent of playing a day 1 version of their character. That would make me look even worse lol

ryublaze

Noob
If you are playing against a character that can blow you up for this why not switch to Ronin so you can be plus with blade drop cancels?

Oh wait no one learns variations in this game unless they are the day 1 best
This applies to all his variations because F122+4 is a universal string. Ronin has just as much holes in his pressure as Shirai Ryu but he gets shit reward lol. There's a reason why every Takeda player uses Shirai Ryu but maybe I'm wrong and Ronin's better than I thought.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
This applies to all his variations because F122+4 is a universal string. Ronin has just as much holes in his pressure as Shirai Ryu but he gets shit reward lol. There's a reason why every Takeda player uses Shirai Ryu but maybe I'm wrong and Ronin's better than I thought.
Teach me the ways of the Shirai Ryu

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I wasn't talking about the string gaps I meant the part on cancelling to make them safe. Cancelling into blade drop to be plus is a safer option than cancelling the teleport and being -9

snort

Noob
It was funny because most of the Takeda mains just followed Zyphox's footsteps on saying he was a bad char just because Zyphox said so in his thread. Thanks for those laughs.