What's new

Guide - Full Auto How to deal with Full Auto Jacqui

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The problem isn't high-level players.

We have lesser experienced players coming in, as well as those who struggle to understand why this stuff isn't as good as it seems. Not everyone has the understanding of these things, and if Injustice taught us anything, just saying "Do this and do that" doesn't help. Actually showing people things is what will help. These guys still don't know how to make the best of training mode, so they tend to get stuck when coming across this stuff.
Hmm you're right I forgot about the newer players. In that case I'd just make a general lab rules thread or something since there's bound to be more than just Full Auto Jacqui that's a problem.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
For Kitana specifically, Assassin - Patience duck (don't block, just duck, block on reaction if they missile), and at one point there'll be a distance where you can go into the assassin run and they won't be able to retaliate.

Royal Storm - Jump up, float, then booty.

Mourning - why are you playing this?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I agree with what you're saying. Keep in mind that I never asked for a nerf. The kitana matchup is indeed difficult and certainly possible.

My complaint is not with Jacqui, it's with the people who are immediately dismissive of those who have problems with the matchup. If the projectile reflect was able to shut down the zoning in the same way it does Kano or Quan Chi it would be a dfferent story. I'm pretty sure that we're both misinterpreting eachother, so I'm just going to concede. As a Kitana player who has trouble with the matchup, it's annoying to be told "stfu, most other characters don't have that issue. Here is the REALLY issue...."

"Jacqui has nothing on x characters....". True, for your Kano matchup. Not in my Kitana matchup. I can reflect knives and green skulls, reflecting a machine gun grants me very little damage or hit stun.

Meh.
Hmm, I see what you're saying to a certain extent as well. That MU itself isn't really that good. It's still early and all that jazz, but clearly that MU is going to be hella rough barring changes. You might be better off trying Mournful for that MU. I would think that toolset would be much better fit. The other two variations have it rough.

You're probably right though. The few people actually wanting to discuss them having trouble with the MU is being completely shadowed by the constant, "OMG JACQUI'S GUNS ARE OP. PLEASE NERF. MY MAINS SCORPION AND SUBZERO CAN'T DEAL WITH HER." Since I play Kano and Jacqui, I've been guilty of grouping everyone into one bunch myself because so many people keep calling for her head only because she shoots a gun. It's been bad over here defending a character that feels "middle of the pack" right now from the army of March and April 2015 TYM Members calling for her to be nerfed to Sheeva Tier. Having Reptile laugh at my guns for an hour straight, just to come on TYM and hear how overpowered they are, can be just as annoying as someone who is having real problems with the MU being grouped in with those who aren't even trying.

As for your MU, I haven't played a top flight Kitana yet (they are becoming scarce these days), but I've played one or two good ones. I've got ideas for Mournful to counter it fairly easy, but Royal seems tough and Assassin seems like death. For those two I'd say walk and duck without blocking when at full screen. Kitana can use her butt zoom in the air if you anticipate to close in. DO NOT JUMP UNLESS ON READ. I can't stress that enough. Use reflect as a read for advancement. When closer throw fans. The hit stun is long enough for you to run cancel within your preferred range. Be careful of EX guns being thrown in, block it but wait for the next round of bullets to go by before you maneuver again. Also be careful jumping in because a good Jacqui can anticipate this and UpRocket you for a combo. Also, very important, be careful rushing in after a whiffed UpRocket at range because that recovery speed is very real. At the same time, don't fight "too close" because your pressure can't match Jacqui's and her 50/50 can take a good amount of health.

Wow. This MU is ass lol. It's one of those "I really have to outplay my opponent" matches. My advice if you're staying with Kitana? Pick Mournful for this MU man lol.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
We tested this - Reflect HAS to be a read and won't let you advance much further.

I really don't know what Mournful would give to the mu that the other two wouldn't tho.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I really don't know what Mournful would give to the mu that the other two wouldn't tho.
Jacqui has to block MB Boomerang. On hit you can run cancel into a full combo even from full screen. On block you can run cancel and stop close range to any desired distance.

Regular Air boomerang you can use as a free jump for closing distance. Jump over bullets and toss out air boomerang. If you hit great. If you don't even a gun shot reversal will miss because you can duck in time.

These two ways of using Boomerang make it a lot easier getting around the shots.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I remember playing one guy in Injustice who had mad win/loss ratio. He picked Deathsroke every time. And i bodied him with Doomsday everytime. Lots of hatemail afterwards.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I didn't even consider using the Mournful variation, but you're right that could definitely work well. Time to hit the lab
Yea man it works really good. That's why I was asking if you used all variations.

Especially regular air boomerang. Unlike ground boomerang there's never a trade. You either hit clean or Jacqui blocks, you jumped over bullets and can duck on when she blocks clean, and can jump and throw another one again. As long as you aren't at "maximum jump arc" when you toss it, you'll always fully avoid the entire gunshots while jumping in and getting hits with boomerang as well if you caught her before she recovered.

Forces Jacqui to shoot much, much less shots at risk of boomerangs to the face.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Nerf slide.

:DOGE
I Lord Nurgle nominate this user for the award of WINNER OF THE INTERNET, dat was the most creative troll post ever written, have a wonderful day you glorious bastard!!!!!

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Ignored this thread until I needed it. Just versed my first "zoning" (lol not even close) full auto Jackie. After losing the first round, and finally getting in halfway through the second round, she just armored and sent me fullscreen. I quit midmatch (rare) and instantly came to this thread and went in the lab. Cassie can't even do a gunshot reversal without a fucking trade.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ignored this thread until I needed it. Just versed my first "zoning" (lol not even close) full auto Jackie. After losing the first round, and finally getting in halfway through the second round, she just armored and sent me fullscreen. I quit midmatch (rare) and instantly came to this thread and went in the lab. Cassie can't even do a gunshot reversal without a fucking trade.
Which variation? Spec Ops missiles should work great at killing gun happy Jacqui's.

Learn to duck and play better.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Id rather Jacqui be a interesting high tier zoner than a one trick pony newbie stomper. Its just really bad design imo. I feel the same about overhead X-rays. The overhead property is only usefull VS someone who hasnt seen it before otherwise whats the point?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
The only Buff Cassie Cage needs is her Brawler. F2 13 (Together) Hit advantage is 1? need like 13 or 11 hit advantage

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I find it weird that in these "how to deal with Jacqui" videos they only show the gun, but not an actual person who uses the gun, the EX missile, the low rocket, and the anti-air rocket.

I hate being made to be this patient lol, I just want to get in.

Reactions: RYX

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I've posted this before, but Cassie should have no problems from full auto Jacqui. Walk in to half screen away, and wait till they MB guns to bf4(ex) on reaction. You then get full combo into nutpunch (40%ish in Hollywood, more if you ex the nutpunch)

I see a lot of people hating on Jacqui FA, but she isn't broken. I think the problem is she is just hard to counter online due to timing. Shit, try countering EB's F1, 3 online against a good player. If the game played more crisp online it would be a lot less hatin on my baby Jacqui. I've also noticed a lot of people selecting Goro after I select Jacqui. I hadn't checked the forums but now I see why LOL. I hope they don't nerf her.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
After playing @karaokelove and some other Jacquie's, her zoning isn't scary at all. (That was not shade, btw)

If they hinder her guns in any way it will severely harm her. Just be patient and play footsies.

Although, I will admit, I do get salty when I'm gaining ground ducking her gun and then BAM...the mid hitting rocket sends me full screen. Lol